Satoshi to have a new rival - Page 5

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Satoshi to have a new rival

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Satoshi to have a new rival

Does Anyone here watched Yu gi Oh zexal !
    Then I have one word !
    Anna Kozuki !!!
    I wanna girl rival who's as crazy , Explosive & Busty as Anna Kozuki !
    I mean , We already enough with calm , Cold and rude rival !
    May be , A busty girl rival with Crazy explosive personality like Anna Kozuki who mainly use's reckless offensive battling style will be more fun & Entertaining !
    Ya Ya , We got Cabernet & Gerogia but they are Cilan and Iris's Rival .

Quote Originally Posted by swampertuska View Post
    I don't know about the rival but I think it is time to give Ash some kind of love interest. Whether it will be his new rival or Shirona but it sucks without romance including Ash. I think time is right to do so.
    The writers know that if that happens that it would trigger flame wars. I think they are doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I don't know about the rival but I think it is time to give Ash some kind of love interest. Whether it will be his new rival or Shirona but it sucks without romance including Ash. I think time is right to do so.
    The writers know that if that happens that it would trigger flame wars. I think they are doing the right thing.
    Well I think kind of light romance would be very good. I mean if at least they developed Anabel/Ash line it would be great. I mean if they make her come to one of Ash's important matches (like Championship title) or came to visit him (for a reason) and so on and so on. It is a shame that Anabel/Ash line was "dropped" so far. Those two suited each other more than anyone.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Oh Please !
    There always be a flame war everytime Ash befriend a cute girl .
    But that doesn't mean Ash has to stop befriending any cute girl around his age beside Cast Girl's !
    My motto is
    -If Love serve a purpose in a Rivalry then Writer should just go for it !
    I didn't say Ash has to end up with that Rival .
    It doesn't matter if Ash has a relationship with that Rival or Not ! It's the effect of Romance in the Rivalry what is matter!
    Love can serve a Great purpose in Rivalry !
    The Prime example of this is a popular Anime call ''Slam Dunk'' !
    In that Anime , It was Hanamichi's one sided feeling for Haruko is What make him start playing Basketball and developing his Rivalry with Kaede !
    But at the end , It wasn't confirm if Haruko develop feeling for Hanamichi or still has feeling for Kaede !
    But Seriously , I would never start watching that anime if it wasn't for the ''Love Triangle'' !
    So, Writer should just forget the shipper and Flame war !
    If Writer come up with a Anime plot that require the Rival to fall for Ash Or Ash to fall for that Rival then Writer should just do it as long as it make the Anime more enjoyable !
    That Why I say Anna Kozuki's Name ! A explosive Rival like her who harbor a Crush on Ash will make the TV Show more Funny and Exciting !
    And about Flame war
    Why do you think Moderators exist for ?
    They gonna put a stop to it before it get's worst !

Love interest? I don't know!?
    I think the anime is to childish to make that happen in a good way! If they switch to the "New GameTrailer" animation style! I could see them go through with it! But til' than it could be silly heart eyes done Brocko style!

I would love a kick ass girl rival as well! Hilda would be perfect in that role! He has the styling and the attitude that a Rival should have! And she looks expirienced !

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i just hope that ash's new rival has a normal style hairdo
    djulienr likes this.

rival is a small or large?

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While I wouldn't mind the new rival being a girl, I think we've got enough female rivals in this series as it is. And they're all awesome in their own individual ways, so the new rival would have to be pretty amazing in order to stand out among them (even if 2 of the 3 aren't Ash's rivals, they've all battled him at one point or another and interacted with him).

If we're not getting BW2's rival, I'll hold out hope on my old idea for an ideal Ash rival, aka Conway Done Right As An Ash Rival (because that's the only aspect about Conway where he was lacking; the writers' fault for miscasting). Especially since Ash has regressed in this series to where he's even more impulsive and shallow than he's supposed to be and lacks the spontaneous bouts of cleverness he had in DP, a by-the-books, logical, methodical, even-tempered, intellectual, rigid nerd rival would be an even greater challenge for Ash at this stage and be an excellent example of a polar-opposite type of character that manages to be distinct from how Paul was a fundamental opposite and outdoes Trip who the writers TRIED to make out as an opposite to Ash (where really they're only opposite in one minor area).

I would love to see this rival also encompass more qualities of real-life elitist metagamers. They sort of tried that with Paul, but weren't consistent with it and Paul's team with the movesets they had were far from metagamer-esque (Ursaring with Focus Blast? Weavile with Blizzard? Magmortar with Smog? Real metagamers would trash Paul so hard). So I'd like to see the new rival have the kind of team a metagamer would make, with aggravating strategies like Baton-Passing stat buffs and using SubSeed combinations and emphasizing the importance of BoltBeam.

But that's probably too much to hope for. I'd at least just like to have an intellectual rival who can outsmart Ash every step of the way, rattle the kid with an unshakable calm assured demeanor, and make it so Ash just ends up self-destructing.

And god would I love it if the rival made a mockery Ash's "Screw type logic!" mentality. SOMETHING to inspire Ash to put more effort in developing his battling style and force him to realize blind faith can only take him so far. I mean, Paul did sort of do this in DP, but BW ripped Ash's DP development to shreds, so if we have to do this all over again, it's best to be done with the Conway-esque rival Ash should have had all along.

Of course, the rival would have his/her (please his) flaws, but inflated ego and Unovan pride had better not be included. Let's just have someone experienced (NO MORE NEWBS), with a strong presence and the talent to back up the talk, but a pillar that Ash just can't seem to shake. A pillar that finds some sick sort of amusement in flustering this supposedly vastly experienced trainer, and is one classy mofo.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    While I wouldn't mind the new rival being a girl, I think we've got enough female rivals in this series as it is. And they're all awesome in their own individual ways, so the new rival would have to be pretty amazing in order to stand out among them (even if 2 of the 3 aren't Ash's rivals, they've all battled him at one point or another and interacted with him).
    2 of them Aren't Ash's rival And All 3 of them are mainly used as a ''Comic relief '' !
    Although , Bianca beaten Trip , She still getting treat as a ''comic relief''.
    Plus , We all know that some point of her life , she will quit battling and became a research assistant who also give B2W2 protagonist's his/her first pokemon.
    I heavily doubt that Bianca will be in Unova League ! She might fail to enter the league just like Cassy did ! (Or She might just quit)
    So , I would love a SERIOUS Preteen girl rival !
    May be , Someone like Alexis Rhodes from Yugioh Gx !
    A girl who super cute , Strong , Popular and loved by most cast or Referring male character.(Ash not included)
    I would loved if Clian fall's for her as well !
    She act a little strict with Ash but respect his skill and amazed by his relation with pokemon.
    It would be cool if that Girl have some ''Misty'' on her when she try to keep Ash on line as a rival.
    Even if Cabernet and Gerogia enter the league , They won't be Ash rival !
    Because Their target isn't Ash , It's his friend !
    Not matter how skillful and entertaining they are , It's not fan when if Cabernet and Gerogia pay's their main attention to someone else !
    Plus , I don't remember seeing any powerful preteen female League trainer beside Macy!
    All other powerful preteen girl were ether a Gym leader , Coordinator , Frontier Brain or some other thing !
    Macy was the only one who can be consider powerful!
    At least she was much more developed then Misty !
    So, Your were wrong ! we don't have enough female rival ! Truth is , We never had any strong female rival for the league
    All we got is some BIG comic relief like Cassy & Bianca !

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't be wrong. Because these are all opinions.

Personally I don't care if the female rivals we have are comic relief because they still add more to the story than our supposed "serious" rivals. I'm not totally opposed to a female rival; I just believe we have enough and it will be harder for another one to stand out going by the ideas I want for the new rival.

I'd rather even out the odds. Stephan is also comic relief, but probably the closest thing to a proper main rival and odds are we won't see him anytime soon. Trip is a joke; the unfunny kind of joke. BW needs a better male rival in general to liven things up and even the odds. And I'm gonna be stupidly optimistic based on what I've seen and hope that Bianca will settle into a consistently competent role, while still maintaining her comic relief factor.

tl;dr: I'd prefer a guy, but I could live with another girl provided she delivers. Based on what I want, I think a male would fit the role better. And comic relief or not, we've had more active female rivals in this series than in any other. That's why I don't believe the series NEEDS another girl.

Lemme have an opinion in peace, a'ight?

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    I can't be wrong. Because these are all opinions.

Personally I don't care if the female rivals we have are comic relief because they still add more to the story than our supposed "serious" rivals. I'm not totally opposed to a female rival; I just believe we have enough and it will be harder for another one to stand out going by the ideas I want for the new rival.

I'd rather even out the odds. Stephan is also comic relief, but probably the closest thing to a proper main rival and odds are we won't see him anytime soon. Trip is a joke; the unfunny kind of joke. BW needs a better male rival in general to liven things up and even the odds. And I'm gonna be stupidly optimistic based on what I've seen and hope that Bianca will settle into a consistently competent role, while still maintaining her comic relief factor.

tl;dr: I'd prefer a guy, but I could live with another girl provided she delivers. Based on what I want, I think a male would fit the role better. And comic relief or not, we've had more active female rivals in this series than in any other. That's why I don't believe the series NEEDS another girl.

Lemme have an opinion in peace, a'ight?
    We already got better male rival such as Paul , Conway , Gary and Richie !
    Also , The series not just have a lot of active girl , It also have a lot of active Boy's as well so the Series also doesn't another Boy !
    I point is , Rather then bring new Disappointment like Newbie Trip , Writer should bring some old One time rival like A.J!
    You remember ,
    This guys had a unofficial gym where he had 100 victory in row with his Sandshrew !
    He went on a Pokemon journey after his 100 victory and we didn't see him again .
    I bet he will make a much better main rival then Trip or Steven !
    Then there Richie , Who also is a Detective and Knock Ash from Indigo league.
    Also The Astounding Mandy , Writer could bring him back as a another Harley who still hold a grudge on Ash.
    So you see, There are a lot of Male rival from previous series who can come back again !
    And , Ash has yet to beat them . (Expect Harley)
    So , Writer should focus on bring old rival back rather then always trying to create new rival !
    While in girl's case
    We got only Angie & Giselle !
    Although , Most boy's would love Giselle ! I wonder Is she change her way ?
    Ash had serious Male Rival in his entire life while all his Girl rival show up as a Comic relief !
    My point is
    LET THE GIRL'S SHINE !
    By the way . Steven isn't a much of Comic relief !
    He's kind a boring and too formal !
    I would like a Muscular rival who has a explosive personality and often shout ''That's Our Ash'' whenever Ash does something amazing.
    Just like I said
    Their aren't any good Girl rival in Ash's Case ! May & Dawn might had but not Ash !
    Their yet to be a Girl Rival who can brought Ash to his Knee and also prove to be a challenge for Paul !

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kishore View Post
    A girl who super cute , Strong , Popular and loved by most cast or Referring male character.(Ash not included)
    I would loved if Clian fall's for her as well !
    She act a little strict with Ash but respect his skill and amazed by his relation with pokemon.
    But...that sounds like a fan fiction character.

I hope its a girl rival. We need more female rivals, not companions..

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I would love it if we had a female rival like Katie, but the issue isn't even sex. It's just a good rival. Someone who's competent and has a personality. We can get that in a guy or a girl. We could get another shit rival in a girl or boy. I'd much rather judge preference for a new rival on ability and character, not something trivial like gender.

Blog Entries

I'm hoping for female Morrison with a Paul like team (Chandelure, Meinshao, Hydreigon Hujaxorus Excadrill Gavantula stuff like that). I think a good way to show them as threat is to give them Morrison level expierence if look closely though it was Morrison first tournament he could have been experienced seeing as how he was a trainer before trying to qualify for the Hoenn league as he mentioned before trying to qualify he battled without caring about the result. Also I want the rival to use non stab super effective moves constantly to the point of sending Hydreigon to fight a dark type rather than Meinshao ON PURPOSE. But since BW2 is coming out I guess there is no problem with Paul experience.

But in a way I would like a female rival shipping just so I can support Ash ship that isn't pokeshipping (I have my reasons for not supporting others). I do hope this "replaces" Trip and it is not like Beating trip early is too far fetched seeing as both AG and DP both had Rookie rivals in the Top 16 and Ash was in the top 16 as a rookie so we had a rookie in the top 16 every series so far. So I'm hoping this guy takes over so we can keep this little tradition cause I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast