Satoshi to have a new rival - Page 4

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Satoshi to have a new rival

Default Re: Satoshi to have a new rival

I like your ideas matt004, it'd be cooler if for once they actually had a rival who wants to beat Ash. I'd also like this guy or girl to be in just as much regions/gyms as Ash has, it'd make it ten times better yah know? I can't wait to see what this guy looks like or how he acts.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

THE CULT OF PERSONALITY System Error's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    I have never seen you in the anime section before o_o'

But this is fairly interesting...it's very possible that the new rival could be a Barry-like rival and sorta get involved in Trip's affairs, but a full fledged rival-triangle would be quite a feat...
    Hard to see me in the anime section when I think I've posted there before...once or twice before?

But anyway, bring Ash to tears? Nah. I do see them trying to scold this hypothetical guy for his ways though. But then again, he could always be one who values freedom, and dislikes self-righteousness. "You do things your way, and I'll do things my way" and whatnot. Because I don't think that one's been done, either (well, at least not in the permanent and not-out-of-arrogance sense). Might even work with the whole Connoisseur thing.
    Don't know what to put here.

i wish me so hard that Brendon or Lucas are the new Rival! I know the chances are lower than 0.0000000000000000000000001 but I love their design so much. And Brendan's Swampert looked so awesome.
    or Leaf!!!!!!!!

Hopefully we get some promo for it soon! Cause I'm really curious who it is?
    Yato likes this.

Blog Entries

A character with Leaf or Diamond/Lucas' design would be so badass!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Yeah - I would really like Brendan to appear if possible. The new BW2 rival looks okay, but Brendan has better potential XDD

BTW just one thing in the animated preview for the games The male PC has a Arcanine and Ash' main rival Gary has one as well!
    SO could it be that they give us the male PC as rival! (LONG SHOT)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    BTW just one thing in the animated preview for the games The male PC has a Arcanine and Ash' main rival Gary has one as well!
    SO could it be that they give us the male PC as rival! (LONG SHOT)
    Not possible !
    The Male Protagonist received his first pokemon from Bianca who was prof Jenifer Assistant !
    As you know, Bianca haven't gone to that point so both B2W2 Protagonist & Rival haven't started their journey .
    They will start their journey 2 year after Bianca started her journey !
    I still hoping for a Girl !
    May be , A girl who meet Ash off screen & she was weak trainer with Nerdy look . She was thinking of quitting until She battle Ash who told her something that inspire her for life.
    Then She come bake as a Beautiful strong trainer and she want to thank & talk to Ash but get nervous whenever Ash around !
    Ash didn't recognized her until he face her in Junior Cup & she finally able to have her long awaited conversation !
    Well , it different huh
    But We want something different , Not another Paul !

Quote Originally Posted by Kishore View Post
    Not possible !
    The Male Protagonist received his first pokemon from Bianca who was prof Jenifer Assistant !
    As you know, Bianca haven't gone to that point so both B2W2 Protagonist & Rival haven't started their journey .

They will start their journey 2 year after Bianca started her journey !
    I still hoping for a Girl !
    May be , A girl who meet Ash off screen & she was weak trainer with Nerdy look . She was thinking of quitting until She battle Ash who told her something that inspire her for life.
    Then She come bake as a Beautiful strong trainer and she want to thank & talk to Ash but get nervous whenever Ash around !
    Ash didn't recognized her until he face her in Junior Cup & she finally able to have her long awaited conversation !
    Well , it different huh
    But We want something different , Not another Paul !
    In BW there isn't any town build and now there is a the 8th UNOVA GYM! and Bel could do Juniper a favor and gave BW2 male Pc his Poke! The Time continue in the anime isn't the same as in the games!
    And if U look at the fact that Lyra started her journey and 3 years are between the Kanto and Johto story! It's quite possible that the BW male PC is already gone on his Journey!

I would love if Hilda or Leaf would be the Rival THEY are kick ass!

Boulder Trainer Mikuri's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator

I hope this new rival is a girl. It's about time for the writers to give Ash a competent female rival. I think someone like Katie would be welcomed.
    With that said, I'm pretty sure that the new rival is a boy who came to do what Trip failed miserably to do.

Blog Entries

Yep, the writers just don't like to give Ash a female rival by his age (maybe, to avoid the shipping wars?). I'm still hoping for a girl, though. But, most probably will be another boy-prodigiously-better-than-Ash rival.
    Last edited by Duque; 26th May 2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Man, when you stop to think of it DP did have some crap in it. Its just that when people think about DP, they only remember Paul, Pokehunter J/Galactic and all the Gyms and Contests episodes....basically the good parts.
    And... there are actually a lot of BW episodes that have pissed me off. By this point it'd be easier to just list the ones that I can stand to watch. The more the series progresses, the more the writing of these episodes piss me off.

I don't know about the rival but I think it is time to give Ash some kind of love interest. Whether it will be his new rival or Shirona but it sucks without romance including Ash. I think time is right to do so.

Blog Entries

Well, I am happy with Satoshi not having love interest.

Pokémon doesn't need such trivial things as romance.
    There is plenty of animes out there for those who like this kind of thing.

Blog Entries

Maybe Paul comes back and is friendlier toward Ash this time! /fanboy wishes

But seriously, that would be the best idea ever. The other rivals can go kill themselves, except for maybe Stephan.

The Antisocial Hermit Spontaneous Combusken's Avatar
    Follow Spontaneous Combusken On Twitter
    Follow Spontaneous Combusken on Tumblr

I'm seriously surprised no one has really speculated on the fact that N could be the new rival on this thread so far.
    Because just think, in the games he played a rival-ish role even though he was part of team plasma.
    And I think that he would make one of the most interesting and unique rivals Ash would have had so far.
    I mean just think, he would probally be similar to his game counterpart, meaning that he would most likely believe pokemon and humans don't belong together. And knowing Ash, once N starts spouting his nonsence, that'll set Ash off. Ash made it pretty clear in DP that he thinks friendship with pokemon is important (which I agree with to a degree), and he would want to prove this through battle (like always). And while battling Ash and his pokemon, N would "hear his pokemon's voices" telling him that they agree with what Ash is saying.
    And this could be the start of their rivalry, which would probably be similar to how the BWPC and N interacted in the games. After encountering Ash time and again, N would probally start to question if what he believes is right. And they even might go as far as to have the whole "truths and ideals heros" thing to play out, considering they kinda follow the way you encounter the boss legendaries in the anime for the AG and DP, they may also do that here.

But that's just one guess. It could also be the new rival for BW2, which I think is just as likely to happen. And he might be an interesting addition to the current set of rivals we have in the anime now.

Or they may have Paul come back, which is probably the least likely to happen, but the one I want to happen the most.

Ah well, whatever happens, we'll just have to wait and see.

3DS FC: 3695-0070-1064

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swampertuska View Post
    Just hope we won't see Kenny from DP anymore.
    Satoshi gets a new rival... Hikari returns after she said she and Kengo would cross paths again... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. And it was foreshadowed too by having Pinot Noir wear Kenny's GF outfit.

#lol #not meant to be taken seriously

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast