Satoshi to have a new rival - Page 16

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Satoshi to have a new rival

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Satoshi to have a new rival

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Hate to break it to you but that might be exactly what I hope might happen. I rather Trip cause we've seen him since the beginning then seeing another future Ritchie, Harrison, Tyson, Tobias.
    Trip has been here since the beginning of BW, but that really hasn't helped him out in terms of his rivalry with Ash. A league rival is a tradition that they've been keeping with every series and I don't think that's going to change with this series. I'd personally prefer someone replacing Trip as Ash's main rival for the series, but it's must more likely that the new rival they're talking about is the traditional league rival that will defeat Ash in the Unova League. It would be an interesting twist if the league rival became a main rival after the Unova League, which could happen depending on what they're planning to do after the Unova League is over. Still, at this point, I'm still leading towards the idea that they're just hyping up the league rival Ash always gets.

They could just bring in Cheren or Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Hate to break it to you but that might be exactly what I hope might happen. I rather Trip cause we've seen him since the beginning then seeing another future Ritchie, Harrison, Tyson, Tobias.
    Trip has been here since the beginning of BW, but that really hasn't helped him out in terms of his rivalry with Ash. A league rival is a tradition that they've been keeping with every series and I don't think that's going to change with this series. I'd personally prefer someone replacing Trip as Ash's main rival for the series, but it's must more likely that the new rival they're talking about is the traditional league rival that will defeat Ash in the Unova League. It would be an interesting twist if the league rival became a main rival after the Unova League, which could happen depending on what they're planning to do after the Unova League is over. Still, at this point, I'm still leading towards the idea that they're just hyping up the league rival Ash always gets.
    Replacing someone is different then just just another rival who's stepping in. They might as well finish Trip's end in the league. He still is his rival rather if he is crappy or not. Not only that, but why is Burgundy being thrown around so bad? Trip and Burgundy are my favorite rivals, yet the writing for them is not the best. However, a league rival is probably what we might be getting, so I don't expect Trip leaving when we're so close to the league.

Blog Entries

At this point I'm just hoping he'll appear at all (soon please) and they keep his experience level anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

As long as hes better than Trip im happy

Visit Fieryfurnace's Youtube Channel

Since it's quite close to the Unova League, and in the tourney that is happening at this moment, this new rival has yet to show up, i'm wondering if this person should even be considered a rival. I mean, unless there's a big gap between the tourney and the League, the only time this 'rival' will have to be introduced is the League. Which means one battle. Which means you can't really consider them a rival because they have yet to battle Ash multiple times. (and by that, with this saga, would mean two or three times.)

I'm wondering if this rival would be introduced post league, in some sort of after saga. Or just in a new gen altogether, which is unlikely because a new game has yet to be announced or released. So... new rival appears in league and continues to battle Ash post league maybe...?

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

People like Masamune and Takuto were only around for the Pokemon Leagues in which they debuted and they're still considered to be "rivals." League rivals, yes, but rivals all the same. I don't see why a hypothetical new league rival wouldn't get the same treatment.
    martianmister likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    At this point I'm just hoping he'll appear at all (soon please) and they keep his experience level anonymous
    You mean like what they did with Tobias? No thank you.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think Dragonite was Ash's new rival. The scan didn't mention anything about a "league rival," so that has nothing to do with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I think Dragonite was Ash's new rival. The scan didn't mention anything about a "league rival," so that has nothing to do with it.
    They didn't mention anything about a Junior Cup rival, either. The Famitsu article refers to the rival and Team Rocket (namely Giovanni) in the last sentence, which pertains to the post-Junior Cup events. It almost makes me wonder if the rival is a certain someone who is connected to Giovanni in the games.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    You mean like what they did with Tobias? No thank you.
    His level of experience was not completely anonymous we can easily assume he was heavily experienced. How does what I say remind you of tobias? All I'm saying is I don't want this new rival not to be a newbie and keeping there how experienced they are unstated is the most likely way they could do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

30adcbef76094b3663c58869a3cc7cd98c109ddb.jpg
    fcfaaf51f3deb48f603e325af01f3a292cf578db.jpg

Potentially new rival may be referring to バジール (Basil/Basile/Bazile)

Blog Entries

Just wait, Ash goes from defeating 2 legendaries to losing to eeveelutions >.>
    Trainer Yusuf likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Just wait, Ash goes from defeating 2 legendaries to losing to eeveelutions >.>
    If he ends up getting the Eevee as a friendship token, I won't mind that. It's a shame that the seven Eeveelutions can't be squeezed into a full battle, though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast