Saddest Pokemon Moment (spoilers)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Saddest Pokemon Moment (spoilers)

Default Saddest Pokemon Moment (spoilers)

For me it was in 'Pikachu's Goodbye', when the English dub played 'the Time Has Come' over a montage of Ash and Pikachu moments. 9-year-old me cried my heart out.

A close seconds is in the first movie when Ash dies and the Pokemon tears revive him. The music made the scene for me.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

For me I'd have to say when Butterfree left. Second is Pikachus Goodbye.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Blog Entries

I think Ash turning to stone in the first movie made me cry originally. Since this thread did not specify whether I can use the games or not, I will also say the fugitive scenario and the end of MD also made me very sad.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mine is from Mew's origin, when the little girl dies while talking to baby Mewtwo. God, that's like the only time I really felt sad watching the show.

I know the girl technically wasn't "alive" anymore, but showing a little girl die in Pokemon was a serious thing. Everything from the music to the way that scene played out was actually dramatic. Good stuff.

I don't think I've ever cried from a specific moment, but the most "emotional" moment for me was when Pikachu Shocked all of those Spearows and saved Ash in Episode 1. In general, most of the emotional moments are all in Season 1

I cried when Charizard left Ash.

Blog Entries

The beginning of the first movie - like Scott said - with Ai-Two dying...and really the whole thing, was pretty sad. It's a shame it was cut from the American release. Obviously Butterfree's Goodbye was heart-wrenching...so was Pikachu's almost goodbye. Oh, and Arbok and Matadogasu departure was sad as well. Same with Sabonea's farewell and I can't help but think Dokucale's is gonna be a tearjerker too.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gythion View Post
    The beginning of the first movie - like Scott said - with Ai-Two dying...and really the whole thing, was pretty sad. It's a shame it was cut from the American release.
    They put it on the Mewtwo Returns DVD, and it's just as tearjerking in English. Although I can't help but wonder what the ultimate point of it was given that Mewtwo was made to forget about it. Background for Fuji? Even though he buys the farm two minutes into the film?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    They put it on the Mewtwo Returns DVD, and it's just as tearjerking in English. Although I can't help but wonder what the ultimate point of it was given that Mewtwo was made to forget about it. Background for Fuji? Even though he buys the farm two minutes into the film?
    Oh, sweet. I haven't seen that DVD. Nice to know that it's still an emotional moment.

eevee91's future husband! !Tommy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I never cry on sad stuff like that but I will admit that Pikachu's Goodbye was one of the saddest episodes I've ever seen. I also thought the scene from Pokemon 4Ever where Ash tries to revive Celebi and when it doesn't work and he just bursts out crying was extermely sad, especially when your seeing your own hero cry. Then again at the end of the movie where Sammy leaves Ash to go back to his original time. Frankly I never saw the point in crying.
    Last edited by !Tommy; 20th March 2008 at 12:37 AM.

I also cried when Ash lost the Indigo League 'cause I believe heroes of every cartoon will win at that time.:P
    I want to kill that arrogant Charizard.But strangely I cried again when Ash abandoned that arrogant Charizard.:P

Oh, and Arbok and Matadogasu departure was sad as well.
    Yes!Arbok and Weezing act like big brothers is touching.And Jessie, James, Meowth and Wobbuffet fight against Tyranitar for them is very touching!But it's ironic that Ash said there is villain like TR and there is hero like the one who release Koffing and Ekans.I just want to punch Ash for saying that!

I can't help but think Dokucale's is gonna be a tearjerker too.
    Me too!Especially when it just won a contest for her a few eps ago!
    Last edited by Rhyperior; 20th March 2008 at 01:04 AM.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Would my reaction after seeing the dub of "The Legend of Thunder" count? Because what 4Kids did to that TV special was tragic.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

:)

I remembered another sad moment was when Ash is cheering up Max in the Jirachi Wishmaker movie.

Also, in the Bye Bye Butterfree scene, for one reason or another, I found that the music highly contributed to the sadness. They start out with that sad Japanese BGM track, and then transition into the Pokemon Theme Song, showing both the sadness and the happiness in Butterfree's departure.

The Pikachu Goodbye scene was sad as well, but not the best BGM.

Blog Entries

The overall saddest moment for me was, The First Movie. I was at the theater, and I cried during the scene when Ash was turned to stone. That scene was truly sad for me, especially with that beautiful BGM!

The next saddest moment for me....has to be when Pikachu got amnesia in "A Scare To Remember". I don't know about you guys, but that episode really hit me on an emotional level. Not only that, but Veronica did an excellent job with that episode! I mean, when I first saw that episode on its original airing on KidsWB, it almost brought me to tears (especially when Pikachu got its memory back, near the end! That was so heart-warming!). ^_^

And finally, I'm giving an honorable mention to the death of Sir Aaron (which was followed by Lucario's death) in the 8th movie. Once again, I almost found myself in tears, because I was so deeply moved by the movie's storyline! It was amazing!
    Last edited by Trainer Lisa; 20th March 2008 at 02:36 AM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast