The Pros and Cons of TPCi & Duart - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: The Pros and Cons of TPCi & Duart

Default Re: The Pros and Cons of TPCi & Duart

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post
    Pros:
    - Little to no errors, ala "Arbok evolves into Seviper".
    That was actually a Pokemon USA mistake, not 4Kids.

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

Pros:
    -More accurate scripts (Team Rocket being the exception up until Best Wishes!)
    -No time edits
    -Little to no cuts in general
    -Season 14 having most of the Japanese music

Con's:
    -Sarah Natochenny's Ash (though she has gotten better in Best Wishes!)
    -Team Rocket's script in Battle Frontier/Diamond & Pearl
    -Boring dub music (at least 4Kids' dub music was memorable in my opinion)
    -Season 15 going back to D/P standards musically
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    Pros:
    No, that was 4Kids.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    Pros:
    No, that was 4Kids.
    And it showed that they knew nothing about Pokemon when they had been working on it for 7 years when that episode aired.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Registered User Trainer Rosario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Insanish Danish View Post
    Pros: The voice acting has gotten tremendously better over the years they've been dubbing the show.

Cons: The voice acting started off horribly. And their dub music is shit. And their dialogue can be really bad (ESPECIALLY with Team Rocket).
    What i truly like about TPCi?

I currently like their voice acting, it's great. In the battle frontier, yeah, it wasn't nice at all. But also have in mind that
    Ash's current voice actress hadn't done voice acting before. Only stage acting. TPCi chose her. I don't know anything else.
    I like the the plot of how characters do things, but i wish they were more creative with their titles too.

Now the dislike!. :|
    ..The music doesn't make me want to get up and start dancing like a maniac. Iris basically says "You're such a kid"
    I really don't like how TRocket doesn't appear much anymore, & they're not funny. They could at least be serious-funny. You know?

I understand that you don't like their msic, but that's no reason to call it "shit" but i totally agree with you on the "pros" (:

"We'll spread a little sunshine all around, thee' never enough.
    All we wanna do is have a good time, having lots of fun with all these friends of mine."

Team Rocket Boss

Pros
    -Keeping much more silence than 4Kids did. (There are 3 episodes which kept about 20 seconds of silence each in the original series, one of them strangely enough replaces a piece of Japanese music.)
    -MUCH less pointless cuts.
    -Season 14 dub kept more original music than the 4Kids dubbed episodes beginning with Johto League Champions.

Cons
    -Annoying theme songs.
    -Not keeping the original eye-catches.
    -Not keeping the Professor Oak segment after the credits.
    -Not keeping the Japanese themes songs - come on TPCi, 4Kids kept the theme song in the Jirachi movie and they even left Japanese vocals.
    -Not keeping all of the original background music. Why did they wait until season 14 to keep MOST of it and why did they go back to their evil ways with season 15?
    -Jimmy Zoppi. Team Rocket's perpetual rhyming and Meowth's 'dig it, jack' made them SO ANNOYING during the Diamond And Pearl series. (Team Rocket are pretty cool in the original Japanese version) Also stop voicing Meowth and bring back Nathan Price (Voice of Meowth in first 31 episodes, excluding episode 18) and bring back Stuart Zagnit as Professor Oak (He voiced Prof. Oak during the 4Kids dub.)

Tips for TPCi - Either give Pokémon to FUNimation to PROPERLY dub it or properly dub it yourselves. Keep the original theme songs, keep ALL of the original background music and all of the original silence, keep the eye-catches and keep the Professor Oak segment that is after the credits.
    Last edited by Giovanni; 13th April 2012 at 08:42 AM.

pros:

-no censorship(actually there is nothing in the anime now that need to be removed)

- keeping the music (although I don't care much about this one)

cons:

-song are BAAAD, not only the opening all the songs starting from BF the only song i really like was "together will make a promise"

-BF was horrible really horrible!! I couldn't continue watching it,to be fair the series its self was a piece of shit but the dub made it even more shitty

-dialog are very bad,I know most of them are the original jap script,but it's really bad the jokes are all dull I can hardly get any of them and I never actually laughed at them except the animated jokes.

- where the f*ck is the DP sp episodes and Team Plazma's episode ?? well Jap for some reason didn't air them,they have their own excuse (which is really a stupid one if you ask me )

********PIKACHU I LOVE U************

Visit Fieryfurnace's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by alypkm View Post

- where the f*ck is the DP sp episodes and Team Plazma's episode ?? well Jap for some reason didn't air them,they have their own excuse (which is really a stupid one if you ask me )
    Discussing that is not related to the TPCi dub. And what is so 'really stupid' about the sensitivity over a natural disaster? I'm not entirely sure if it claimed lives or not, but either way, the Japanese public might NOT want to be reminded of it. You see? Calling something like that 'really stupid' is rather shallow, in my opinion. You think the company WANTS to hide the episodes from the public? No, they don't. They didn't air it because they were thinking of those who may or may not have lost loved ones.

Good day sir.

Anyway, onto my TPCi standing.

Well, of the few episodes i've watched of BW in their English dub, i can't really say i'd want to go back to it when the Japanese version is can be watched instead. Ash's voice, while i have to agree has improved, comes off as perpetually hyperactive and somewhat non-human. While the Japanese version does have Ash be amazed by the littlest thing, he can have his moments of seriousness, which just fall flat in the English dub.

Some of the casting is downright awful for the Pokemon themselves. Zebstrika, Beeheyum, and others amongst them are drastically affected by this. And Servine just assaults my ears. He reminded me of early Grovyle, only his voice was extremely jarring to listen to and sounds like the early days of Jason's blue hedgehog debut; at least his Snivy sounded similar to the Japanese version. And some Pokemon just sound like the average dude repeating the same word in monotone over and over again. Darn.

I like the faithfulness to the original and the lack of fruitless edits just as much as the next guy, infact, the only time i ever recall them editing something drastically was the bridge breaking after the psybeam collided with Ash's Snivy's leaf blade in the memory episode, (which kind of annoyed me, can kids not handle a BRIDGE falling?) but the monotone voice acting and the lackluster openings just make me want to kill the part of me that likes Pokemon.

I think i'll stay with the original.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni View Post
    Tips for TPCi - Either give Pokémon to FUNimation to PROPERLY dub it or properly dub it yourselves. Keep the original theme songs, keep ALL of the original background music and all of the original silence, keep the eye-catches and keep the Professor Oak segment that is after the credits.
    Agreed, though the eye catch and Oak segments are pretty trivial to me so it's no loss if they don't dub them.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

The issue as to why the Team Plasma episodes have not aired in Japan is not related to the TCPi dub, so please don't discuss it here. If you think a post goes off-topic (or otherwise violates the rules), please use the report feature rather than continuing the off-topic dicussion.
    Last edited by garrison-san; 13th April 2012 at 03:46 PM.

Moe
    Blog Entries

It'd be nice if the dub did make use of the eyecatch - considering they take one more commercial break than the original does they can do both Who's that Pokemon? and have an eyecatch on the next adbreak. Considering Cartoon Network show their own bumper before resuming the show to do the same job as an eyecatch, it'd make more sense to include one with the episodes - though I suppose CN could easily get TCPi to do that if they wanted one.

Blog Entries

I don't know whether to list TR's lines as a pro or con. Most of the time they're terrible, but when i hear some gems like "those fashion freaks [team galactic] love to frolic in the mountains; so the mountains we will go" I just start laughing my ass off. Just picturing that statement...

Team Rocket Boss

Quote Originally Posted by WildGamer View Post
    I don't know whether to list TR's lines as a pro or con. Most of the time they're terrible, but when i hear some gems like "those fashion freaks [team galactic] love to frolic in the mountains; so the mountains we will go" I just start laughing my ass off. Just picturing that statement...
    There are SOME funny lines that Team Rocket come up with, but ultimately all of the 'dig it' and 'yo' and 'bang zoom' and all the other ridiculously annoying and repetitive lines ended up ruining a lot of scenes that had Team Rocket it in. I didn't even understand half of the things Meowth said throughout the entire Diamond and Pearl series, and all of the blame for that lies with James Carter Cathcart. Anyway those rare few good lines are heavily outweighed by the extremely annoying ones. I haven't seen Best Wishes yet but I really hope that they are better in it, or in other words receive an accurate translation from the original Japanese script.
    Last edited by Giovanni; 14th April 2012 at 02:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni View Post
    There are SOME funny lines that Team Rocket come up with, but ultimately all of the 'dig it' and 'yo' and 'bang zoom' and all the other ridiculously annoying and repetitive lines ended up ruining a lot of scenes that had Team Rocket it in. I didn't even understand half of the things Meowth said throughout the entire Diamond and Pearl series, and all of the blame for that lies with James Carter Cathcart. Anyway those rare few good lines are heavily outweighed by the extremely annoying ones. I haven't seen Best Wishes yet but I really hope that they are better in it, or in other words receive an accurate translation from the original Japanese script.
    Their Best Wishes dialogue is accurately translated but I wish that they were witty and serious so they're dialogue doesn't make me want to fall asleep. Nothing (really) cheesy but something actually cool and badass (or close to it) to match their new personas.

Blog Entries
    Add Azumarill39 on Facebook

Pros:
    Some decent voice actors, especially the returning ones.
    Allowing us to hear the japanese scores in the movies

Cons:
    Can't pronounce status, what's a stattice?
    Lack of 4kids bgm, i liked it and it fit better.
    If i'm wrong about the pronunciation thing, then i will get a personal miessage or reply from Axew.but at least they should all say "status " like 4kids did Status is not pronounced "stah-tuhs" like statue, it's "stay-tuhs" like statement. and before i get bashed for cultural stuff, i'd like you to note that i'm saying this purely for the sake of consistancy and not bias based on how i pronounce the word (i do say "stay-tuhs" like 4kids). to be honest, i didn't know what a "stats" ailment is, but i knew about a status (stay-tuhs) ailment. They also butchered the name misdreavus, (it's mis-drih-vus, with stress on the "miss" and "vuhs")
    Last edited by Azumarill39; 27th August 2012 at 02:07 AM. Reason: unblanking it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast