Pros and Cons of BW - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pros and Cons of BW

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pros and Cons of BW

If you dislike rants and/or Trip bashing, leave now.

Pros:
    1. Plenty of Rivals
    - Iris has Georgia, Cilan has Burgundy and Ash (unfortunatly) has Trip, along with Bianca and Stephan to fall back on. Seeing them all interacting with each other (especially Georgia and Burgundy, not Trip though, he just walks out after one loss...) is just the icing on the cake.
    2. Cilan - I admit that I was a little bit peeved when I heard that Brock was leaving. When Cilan came along, all that vanished in an instant. He's just the perfect replacement.
    3. Sunglasses Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile - The physical embodiment of badassery. From day one he was just great and his recent victory against Iris's Dragonite was the only good thing about the Pokemon World Tournament Shitty Junior Cup.
    4. Ash's Team - The writers made a very bold move with the constant rotations and I think that it has pretty much paid off. There are still a few weak links in there in terms of personality and battling strengths but maybe the league can sort that out.

Cons: (Rant time!)
    1. TRIP!
    - Hated him the moment I set eyes on him. My reaction to his early exit from the league? Fucking elated. The main reason why the PWTJC fell flat. Obvious proof that no rookie should be rivals with Ash anymore.
    2. PWTJC - Oh god... The whole thing was just an Iris and Trip overglorification shithole. Near invincible Serperior and Dragonite running rampant, types just hurled out of the window, rushed battles... It hasn't even accomplished what it was meant to do, make the two stars look better, with Iris losing to Drayden shortly after and Trip set to lose in the first round of the league... If I had my way, those ghastly episodes would never be dubbed.
    3. Ash's regression - Big issue here, considering the fact that he reached the semi finals of his last league and beat two legends during that (though one was a double ko). He could have actually won if not for Trollbias. After his performance there, it really is dissapointing to see him fall this far. His battle against Elesa was nothing short of embarrasing, even though he did win eventually and he is regularly pestered by the new and inferior models of Paul and Misty. Hope he picks himself up in time for the league...
    4. No Team Plasma - We were all psyched for the debut of Team Plasma. Then an earthquake happened, the episodes were postponed, and we haven't heard anything about them since. Fucking wonderful.

Hypnodance FTW!

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pros
    Cilan, sandile, Alder, oshawott and piplup
    like totaly no Valley girl accents

cons
    COTDs especially Soran, Riku, Kotetsu (need i say more)
    Rivals: Bianca (too much of a ditz), Trip AKA Mr. Kodak (put that camera down!)
    Gyms: Elesa's battle was just too painfull, Ash didnt battle drayden.
    Ect. There wasnt a dub line of someone saying "Hello Nurse!"" with Elesa's infamous scene in dawns flashback. NO FREAKING TEAM PLASMA!!!!!!!!! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Pros:

-I initially thought this was going to be the best saga ever.

Cons:

-The animation is akward, too bright and too saturated.
    -It's light-hearted tone.
    -Everything about Iris.
    -Cilan's dialogue.
    -Ash's regression.
    -Carbon copy Pokemon.
    -Carbon copy characters.
    -Recycled background music.
    -Team Plasma were not portrayed like they were in the games.
    -Main characters recieving little to no development.
    -Team Rocket. Not sure whether to take them seriously or not.
    3DS Friend Code: 1993-8025-8352

Quote Originally Posted by Gen6fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    NO FREAKING TEAM PLASMA!!!!!!!!! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Ehh... Team Plasma was featured in Episode N.
    Ehh...that post was made well before Episode N was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen6fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    NO FREAKING TEAM PLASMA!!!!!!!!! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Ehh... Team Plasma was featured in Episode N.
    Ehh...that post was made well before Episode N was announced.
    Whoops... must've missed that. My bad...

Blog Entries

Pros: They've mastered the cute marketing strategy.
    Cons: They've mastered the cute marketing atrategy.

Adventuring through Kalos Aamir's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Aamir On Twitter

Pros:
    -Ash has a larger number of Pokémon accompanying him on this journey.
    -Ash only caught Unova Pokémon(hold for Charizard and Pikachu)
    -The animation style.
    -The N Arc was amazing
    -The new characters(iris and cilan) have a lot of personality

Cons:
    -The Decalore Islands doesn't have a league for Ash to compete in
    -While he was getting his gym badges he acted like a little kid(Iris was right)
    -Many of the episodes had very odd plotlines

UGH!!! I hated the BW series with passion, it's hard to think up some pros of this series, man I can't wait to leave this mess of a series behind :/

Pros

- Dento ( I'll miss this guy when he leaves )
    - Bell ( She was one of the few new rivals I enjoyed, too bad she can't return for the next series as a serious rival )
    - Animation
    - Ash cross dressing again ( HAHA I love these episodes every series )

Cons

- Iris ( Oh how I hate her, she's one of the reasons I can't stand it, they over power her and whenever she does some thing wrong or gains an ego she never gets any punishment for it. When Ash does it, tour tar for life )
    - Favor towards Dragonite ( Ever since that thing got caught by Iris it's been given screen time galore, shoving all of other Pokemon in the back. Remember Axew folks? Her first so called Pokemon? I don't, all it does is say stuck in her hair or get lost. What is it? A hair pin for her? )
    - World tournament ( overadvertised much? All for nothing too. The only thing I liked about this thing was Ash being the one to take down out of control Dragononite, that was nice. Iris over using un controlled Dragonite and winning without feeling remorse or any one telling her off about it and actually cheering? Freakin A )
    - Ash never winning a tournament till the end of the series? These are freakin off screen!! He should have won that BW2 tournament instead of Trip, none of it made sense!! )
    - Speaking of which, bum bum bum Trip...Worst rival ever! I swear, it's like they hated the guy. Didn't help that this newbie defeated Ash who was supposed to be a pro at that point. They should have just done an AG and not given him a rival, spare us from this horrible written rival! Him being beat in the first round of the league was just LOL. )
    - Breaking the league rules, you freakin let a kid who forgot to bring six Pokemon still battle? Oh gosh that was aweful, oh wat Ash losing to this moron, oh the fun )

Horrible series, UGH!!
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfangirl22 View Post
    UGH!!! I hated the BW series with passion, it's hard to think up some pros of this series, man I can't wait to leave this mess of a series behind :/

Pros

- Dento ( I'll miss this guy when he leaves )
    - Bell ( She was one of the few new rivals I enjoyed, too bad she can't return for the next series as a serious rival )
    - Animation
    - Ash cross dressing again ( HAHA I love these episodes every series )

Cons

- Iris ( Oh how I hate her, she's one of the reasons I can't stand it, they over power her and whenever she does some thing wrong or gains an ego she never gets any punishment for it. When Ash does it, tour tar for life )
    - Favor towards Dragonite ( Ever since that thing got caught by Iris it's been given screen time galore, shoving all of other Pokemon in the back. Remember Axew folks? Her first so called Pokemon? I don't, all it does is say stuck in her hair or get lost. What is it? A hair pin for her? )
    - World tournament ( overadvertised much? All for nothing too. The only thing I liked about this thing was Ash being the one to take down out of control Dragononite, that was nice. Iris over using un controlled Dragonite and winning without feeling remorse or any one telling her off about it and actually cheering? Freakin A )
    - Ash never winning a tournament till the end of the series? These are freakin off screen!! He should have won that BW2 tournament instead of Trip, none of it made sense!! )
    - Speaking of which, bum bum bum Trip...Worst rival ever! I swear, it's like they hated the guy. Didn't help that this newbie defeated Ash who was supposed to be a pro at that point. They should have just done an AG and not given him a rival, spare us from this horrible written rival! Him being beat in the first round of the league was just LOL. )
    - Breaking the league rules, you freakin let a kid who forgot to bring six Pokemon still battle? Oh gosh that was aweful, oh wat Ash losing to this moron, oh the fun )

Horrible series, UGH!!
    That's your opinion if you hated the BW series.

But the BW series was an improvement animated and good plot wise.

Pros:

Ash having a much better larger team at his side.

Iris & Cilan joining the cast.

Don Tournaments being added as sides quest.

Unova League was pure epic and interesting

Trip being Ash's rival and a interesting one.

BW series season 2 was pure great.

The Decolore Islands season just pure great.

Cons:

Team Plasma 6 episode arc was pure epic but i do think they should of made it a 8 episode arc long, and used some of the stuff from the BW games a little bit more.

Doing a filler in the middle of the Pokemon League bad idea.
    Last edited by Pikacuh; 14th August 2013 at 10:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Pros

Dawn left the main cast.
    Though I prefer Brock to Cilan, he really wasn't doing anything major, so I'm kind of glad that he left.
    Team Rocket became serious for a while.

Cons

Everything else
    Last edited by Sakuraa; 14th August 2013 at 07:07 PM.

Pros:
    - BW Team Rocket were kinda fresh for a while when they were serious (albeit they had no personality but...still nice).
    - They're not milking Brock anymore.
    - Cilan is better than DP Brock.
    - Iris is more interesting than Dawn to me.
    - The English dub isn't as bad as it was in BF or DP. It's tolerable now.

Cons:
    - Yeah, everything else.

Blog Entries

Pros:
    Serious Team Rocket~
    Evil Team causes a real threat~
    N and Colress~
    No contests or prissy, female travel companion~
    Ash turned his hat around twice~
    Who's That Pokemon? returned~
    Minccino

Cons:
    Everything else~

Pros:
    • New art style + better animation
    • New and improved Team Rocket
    • TRio not appearing every episode to steal a Pokémon (it sort of got annoying and repetitive from Hoenn through Sinnoh)
    • Charizard
    • Snivy
    • Cynthia

Cons:
    • N
    • Team Plasma
    • Trip
    • Ash's regression
    • No more volt tackle
    • Electro ball
    • Oshawott
    • Sugar, spice, and everything else!

Might turn out to be a long list but I'll give this a shot.

Pro's:

- Iris and Cilan, in my opinion, were interesting, colorful, and original new companions who brought a lot of something to the show, despite how little the episodes actually focused on them.
    - Ash's Pokemon that he caught were really interesting to me because I would have never paired them with him. Leavanny, Boldore, Krookodile, and Palpitoad are all Pokemon I wouldn't have seen Ash capturing, but I think that their personalities mixed with Ash very well.
    - Georgia and Burgundy. Personally, I found both of them funny as well as amusing. Still hoping that at least one of them will travel to Kalos. *cough Burgundy *cough.
    - Stephan. Oh how I wish they would have done more with him... I wasn't too fond of the reoccurring name thing, but I found him really likeable. He had so much potential that ended up wasted, but I still enjoyed his company.

Con's:

- Obviously Ash's regression.
    - Don Tournaments.
    - The Unova League.
    - Everything else that I'm too lazy to mention.
    and that's the story...

♥ | story | ♦ | ♣ | one-shot | ♠ | ♫ | poetry | ☯ |

I've mainly watched to the end of season 15 and only watched 1 season 16 episode so I'm not going to go into season 16 till I actually seen them even though it's tempting to type what I've read of future seasons. I will refrain from doing that until I see season 16.

So this is based on season 14 and 15 from the english dub.

Pros:
    Light hearted and fun.

Nice sharp animation

Well thought out arcs for team rocket

Cilan is actually a very fun character

Iris has an interesting back story

Works very well as a comedy and as a show standing on it's own.

Very lovable cute Pokemon.

Cons:
    It lacks the emotional episodes Team rocket once had that I use to like

Ash seems to be more on a holiday than actually trying to become a master

As a continuation to season 1-13 it seems very warped at times

Dawn acted really weird copying everything Iris did in the Onix episode. It just didn't seem like her.=/

The animation while good has a little too much reused stock footage. Anymore and the show could eventually be classified as a show with limited animation.........

I thought Iris's job was to raise and evolve Axew which I suspect is why the elder gave her Axew. What exactly happened to that?

I'm a bit confused on what Cilan has to do to actually aim for his goal. It's almost like he's just there to brag about being a Conoisseur of everything.

The Pokemon are lovable but there hasn't bee much training to actually improve them. Considering I really love the training episodes like Oshawott learning how to open it's eyes for aqua jet and the training episode before the rematch at the second gym. It's a shame there isn't more. I really like current english Ash best during the training scenes since I see a very kind and mature side of him.=(

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast