If you dislike rants and/or Trip bashing, leave now.
1. Plenty of Rivals - Iris has Georgia, Cilan has Burgundy and Ash (unfortunatly) has Trip, along with Bianca and Stephan to fall back on. Seeing them all interacting with each other (especially Georgia and Burgundy, not Trip though, he just walks out after one loss...) is just the icing on the cake.
2. Cilan - I admit that I was a little bit peeved when I heard that Brock was leaving. When Cilan came along, all that vanished in an instant. He's just the perfect replacement.
3. Sunglasses Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile - The physical embodiment of badassery. From day one he was just great and his recent victory against Iris's Dragonite was the only good thing about the Pokemon World Tournament
4. Ash's Team - The writers made a very bold move with the constant rotations and I think that it has pretty much paid off. There are still a few weak links in there in terms of personality and battling strengths but maybe the league can sort that out.
Cons: (Rant time!)
1. TRIP! - Hated him the moment I set eyes on him. My reaction to his early exit from the league? Fucking elated. The main reason why the PWTJC fell flat. Obvious proof that no rookie should be rivals with Ash anymore.
2. PWTJC - Oh god... The whole thing was just an Iris and Trip overglorification shithole. Near invincible Serperior and Dragonite running rampant, types just hurled out of the window, rushed battles... It hasn't even accomplished what it was meant to do, make the two stars look better, with Iris losing to Drayden shortly after and Trip set to lose in the first round of the league... If I had my way, those ghastly episodes would never be dubbed.
3. Ash's regression - Big issue here, considering the fact that he reached the semi finals of his last league and beat two legends during that (though one was a double ko). He could have actually won if not for Trollbias. After his performance there, it really is dissapointing to see him fall this far. His battle against Elesa was nothing short of embarrasing, even though he did win eventually and he is regularly pestered by the new and inferior models of Paul and Misty. Hope he picks himself up in time for the league...
4. No Team Plasma - We were all psyched for the debut of Team Plasma. Then an earthquake happened, the episodes were postponed, and we haven't heard anything about them since. Fucking wonderful.