The Pros and Cons of 4kids - Page 11

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: The Pros and Cons of 4kids

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Pros and Cons of 4kids

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post

Heh I totally agree with you on Max's PUSA voice. If he had that voice during Hoenn I likely would have hated him entirely. It's amazing how Max had this kind of youthful energy in his 4kida voice but his PUSA one was just bland, and too nerdy. I think they didn't even bother to give him a good voice because they knew he would be gone soon anyway.

I can't agree with you on May's new voice though, it was similar to the original and actually surpassed her first voice in some areas such as during the Kanto GF or Movie 9. In fact I always thought her voice was the most accurate to the original when the dub switch first happened.

Although I find it really strange Veronica Taylor almost never gets recognition for her May voice.
    Completely agreed. Max's TPCi voice sucked hard in comparison to his 4Kids voice. His 4Kids voice sounded cute, energetic, and super-nerdy. His TPCi voice sounded like an old lady trying to BE a nerd, or like Coby from the 4Kids OP dub (to my ears).

Michele Knotz's May sounded prettier and "hotter" when I think about it, but I didn't like it as much as Taylor's May. She's a 10 year old girl who's supposed to have a lot of energy, after all. Michele didn't fit as well to me in that respect. She got the girly-girl part of May nailed though, I'll say that much.

I'll give Michele some credit for her work...her work in Movie 9 was indeed better than Veronica's humming "Do-do-DOOOO-do-do-DOOO!" stuff in Movie 6. What the heck kind of lullaby, 4Kids? Or was that in the ORG JPN as well? Wow, either way, that was embarrassing to play when my parents walked by. xD.

I think Veronica Taylor's May sounded better as a whole. She put more energy and life into it. Always sounding more, well-acted, and younger-sounding. She just sounded more believable to me, I guess. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 2nd February 2013 at 01:59 PM.
    speedingbulletbill likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku View Post

Heh I totally agree with you on Max's PUSA voice. If he had that voice during Hoenn I likely would have hated him entirely. It's amazing how Max had this kind of youthful energy in his 4kida voice but his PUSA one was just bland, and too nerdy. I think they didn't even bother to give him a good voice because they knew he would be gone soon anyway.

I can't agree with you on May's new voice though, it was similar to the original and actually surpassed her first voice in some areas such as during the Kanto GF or Movie 9. In fact I always thought her voice was the most accurate to the original when the dub switch first happened.

Although I find it really strange Veronica Taylor almost never gets recognition for her May voice.
    Completely agreed. Max's TPCi voice sucked hard in comparison to his 4Kids voice. His 4Kids voice sounded cute, energetic, and super-nerdy. His TPCi voice sounded like an old lady trying to BE a nerd, or like Coby from the 4Kids OP dub (to my ears).

Michele Knotz's May sounded prettier and "hotter" when I think about it, but I didn't like it as much as Taylor's May. She's a 10 year old girl who's supposed to have a lot of energy, after all. Michele didn't fit as well to me in that respect. She got the girly-girl part of May nailed though, I'll say that much.

I'll give Michele some credit for her work...her work in Movie 9 was indeed better than Veronica's humming "Do-do-DOOOO-do-do-DOOO!" stuff in Movie 6. What the heck kind of lullaby, 4Kids? Or was that in the ORG JPN as well? Wow, either way, that was embarrassing to play when my parents walked by. xD.

I think Veronica Taylor's May sounded better as a whole. She put more energy and life into it. Always sounding more, well-acted, and younger-sounding. She just sounded more believable to me, I guess. *shrugs*
    The humming in Movie 6 wasn't Veronica. It was KAORI who played May in Japan.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mewtwo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku View Post

The humming in Movie 6 wasn't Veronica. It was KAORI who played May in Japan.
    Well, that was pretty annoying to me (I've never watched the movies in JPN, though, only some of the Indigo, Hoenn, and most of the BW eps). Scratch that, then. Thanks for the information.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 2nd February 2013 at 06:39 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011