PREVIEW: The Prologue To Mewtwo’s Awakening - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: The Prologue To Mewtwo’s Awakening

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Prologue To Mewtwo’s Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    The form and characteristics could have been decided pretty early on in the process of creation before it was exclusively a Team Rocket and Fuji project and the important part the keeping Mewtwo alive stuff could've been done in the later stages. Yeah you think it would be the other around but we're not pokebiologists. So yeah coincidence explained where's my Nobel Prize?
    Dr. Fuji and Sakaki were the first ones to come up with the plan to clone Mewtwo, and were the only ones present during his backstory, including Dr. Fuji's team of scientists.
    I believe you but I'm legitimately curious where you got this info
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    No, I'm talking about the Japanese fandom. "The Birth of Myuutwo" CD was released in February 1999; even if we decided to be generous and assume that the CD was in print for, say, five years (which it most certainly wasn't, but for the sake of argument let's just say that it was), then that CD's still been out of print for nearly a decade. A lot of those fans who were around back then are gone by now.
    I guess that's true. The people I've seen talk about it were pretty big Mewtwo fans in the first place, so I guess it's natural. And some of the Radio Drama quotes that I heard being repeated by fans were also in the movie itself and not just exclusively on the CD version of the prologue.

(I think this is a perfect time to mention that, around the time that Reiko Takashima's Mewtwo was revealed, there was someone on a Japanese BBS that said, "thank you for your tears." :P)

And while the movie and TV special can be reaired on TV, this radio drama doesn't ever get rerun. I really think they should find some way to put it back out there (hey Japan, there's this new thing called "iTunes" that you might want to look into)
    Agreed. Especially since Radio Dramas in Japan, unlike America, haven't faded into complete obscurity yet, especially for advertising upcoming anime adaptations.

On a slightly unrelated note, I've come across a copy of "Birth of Mewtwo" being sold on eBay that's NOT over 130 dollars. Whoever hasn't listened to it yet better jump on that.

Sure, there are uploads on sites like YouTube and NicoNico, but do you really think a significant enough percentage of the fandom has actually taken the time to seek out and then listen to this hour long radio drama? Doesn't seem likely to me.
    Although I'm not going to say my assumptions are fact, if they're invested in the franchise enough to still be keeping up with the anime, I wouldn't be too surprised. I don't see it as a huge number, because obviously, it's easy to assume that a casual fan wouldn't be too invested, especially if they had just recently entered the fandom. But at the very least, it wouldn't be too hard to imagine them at least catching a synopsis of it on the net.

Still, regardless of how many people are aware of details regarding the original Mewtwo's backstory (movie, special "Mewtwo Saga" reruns, or whatnot) - what the writers are planning to do will be contradictory nonetheless, which I don't really appreciate in any circumstance, more-so here.

While I do think it's possible that they couldn't get Ichimura, I also wonder if they didn't even approach him because they decided that they didn't even want to touch Shudou Takeshi's Myuutwo in the first place. If Shudou Takeshi's not around to write for the character, they figure, then maybe it's better to just make up a new one so they can do whatever the hell they want with it?

It's probably a combination of factors, but I wouldn't be surprised if either the "Ichimuara's too expensive" or the "we don't want to mess up Shudou Takeshi's Myuutwo, out of respect" reasons at least played some role in their decisions.
    I once thought about that as well, but seeing as they have no problems with tampering with everything else in the show that Shudo once held dear, I sort of dropped that idea once I put a little more thought into it.

And to be honest, I think using Shudo's fully-developed Mewtwo without any major changes done to his character (other than him understanding the world better) in a post-existential crisis story would have been much more respectful to Shudo than ignoring his existence completely. On a personal level, it's a disappointment for me, because after not revisiting my favorite character for god knows how long and being careful not to tamper with his self-contained story arc, I thought they were planning on doing a special service for Mewtwo's conclusion with his supposed "awakening" when they revealed a Mewtwo was going to be in the movie. Silliness of the new form notwithstanding, if they went about it the right way they would have paid a great respect to the anime's former writer as well as a great Generation I character.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The point is that Dr. Yung could have extracted Pikachu's memories of the Mewtwo Returns events even if the flashbacks didn't show that. Otherwise, extracting Pikachu's memories was a complete waste of time.
    This.

This, and the fact that Dr. Yung somehow knew that Satoshi and his friends met Mewtwo before. "This isn't the same Mewtwo that you know." I thought it was pretty obvious he took a look at some of Pikachu's memories of the TV Special. I mean, yes, they didn't bother to show any scenes other than the first five movies sans the first one - but I could argue that it's silly that Pikachu remembered Celebi being chased by that poacher in the distant past.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    I believe you but I'm legitimately curious where you got this info
    The "Birth of Mewtwo" CD Drama.
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 29th June 2013 at 03:57 AM.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

I personally believed that since Mew's DNA is too complicated to fully cloned, so it's possible that another Mewtwo will be made for a different purpose. Besides, the writers of the show/movies pretty much took advantage of the fact that neary everyone that played Pokémon have at least one legendary, and it's not that uncommon to see two Mewtwos duke it out on link battles. Either that, or that Mewtwo was born from a chunk of the original one like how a certain flatworm can multiply; but for now we can all assumed that this is not the Mewtwo that the Rocket Brigade created.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

Oh look. Another blow to continuity.

The creation of a second Mewtwo is rather farfetched. The origins of the original where to specific and unique for the same results to happen a second time. And considering how basically any easy alternative to replicate this have been wiped out during different scenerios by the original Mewtwo himself make it even less likely.

The premise of having the original Mewtwo be the one to put a stop to the Genesect army is the best thing they could've gone with. The original Mewtwo's story had been set up by the end of Mewtwo Returns in a way that it could be highly flexible. He becomes a wanderer. He's traveling around. Him ending up in Unova or wherever and having discovered by that point a new ability in an alternate form is far more feasible to comprehend and accept than a second Mewtwo having been created somewhere. Having the original Mewtwo come back and in the end helping the Genesect group see things like he has because he went through the same thing would've been the perfect conclusion to his story arc.

In M1 Purpose is Questioned> MR tries to settle in world> M16 has found purporse and has settled in world and now helps a group going through a similar ordeal.

Thanks for messing that one up writers. This is why I barely bother with the anime. The decisions made are just mind boggling and they destroy their own continuity.

why isnt there a review thread on this ep yet

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789