Pokemon X and Y anime Opening and Ending - Page 4

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Pokemon X and Y anime Opening and Ending

Default Re: Pokemon X and Y anime Opening and Ending

The opening is great in my opinion, at the very least on the visual aspects of it. It could easily be one of my favorite openings visually. The song is kind of messy, though, but not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
    Edit: For the first opening of a new Generation... the opening is pretty light on Gen VI Pokemon.
    idk if you read XY game spoilers, but XY is all about the past gens rather than the actual new gen which was very neglected in all possible ways in favor of focusing on the old... the anime will probably reflect this, just as it reflected BW ignoring the past gens

As for the opening, I love both the song and animation and I am also more and more convinced that this cast is awesome and I love them all already <3
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Is it just me or was the singer listing pokemon types by the end of the opening? I could have sworn that I heard "hono", "kaktou" and " hagane". (fire, fighting and steel respectively).
    I kinda hate how boring the lyrics are, but again this is what I mostly like about pokemon songs tend to be about.
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

Blog Entries

Heh, that whole sequence with everyone touching/grabbing Ash is something I would have expected to see in the final season of XY...not the first. :P

Blog Entries

The opening looks pretty great and I think its safe to say finally Ash isn't getting all 3 starters. It seem that Serena gets Fennekin while Clemont somehow gets Chespin?
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    idk if you read XY game spoilers, but XY is all about the past gens rather than the actual new gen which was very neglected in all possible ways in favor of focusing on the old... the anime will probably reflect this, just as it reflected BW ignoring the past gens
    That is not true at all. There are quite a lot of new Pokémon, a new region, new characters, new everything in XY, so you can't say "the new gen was very neglected in all possible ways in favor of focusing the old". The awesome thing about XY is that the games don't ignore the existence of older Pokémon like BW did, which is a terrific thing and thankfully the anime seem to be following that. Nothing bad about giving us a mix of the old and the new instead of only the new. But yeah, the opening was pretty light on new Pokémon. There are a lot of them and you can only see 10% of them at most in the opening.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am happy they finnaly borke the 4th wall. Watching Clemont trying to work with his electronics was funny. but the scene when everyone was with ash, Bonnie looked a bit too happy if you ask me... but it was a good opening

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WindBlast View Post
    Is it just me or was the singer listing pokemon types by the end of the opening? I could have sworn that I heard "hono", "kaktou" and " hagane". (fire, fighting and steel respectively).
    There was also "doku" (poison) and "mizu" (water) near the beginning plus a few others, so it seems that way.

It's raining Porygons Crimson Masquerade's Avatar

Follow Crimson Masquerade on Tumblr

I really liked the opening so far as for animation is. Pikachu was cute at the start and the random Son Lucario at the end of the opening made me laugh :P Is it me or there are so many rival/enemies this season (judging by the amount of shadows shown at the opening)?

Blog Entries

I'm kinda mixed about this opening. The song itself was all over the place musically and it had the same awkward/banal lyrics that most Japanese openings have ("yellow flowers are blooming" wtf?). Maybe I'll warm up to after I hear it with better sound quality.

The visuals were stunning, though. Unfortunately, I don't think this type of high quality animation will last throughout the series.

Blog Entries

The song is.... okay. The visuals are where it's at, though. Those backgrounds are pretty... Quite a step up from BW.
    Now I can't wait to see the opening with its proper frame-rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Masquerade View Post
    I really liked the opening so far as for animation is. Pikachu was cute at the start and the random Son Lucario at the end of the opening made me laugh :P Is it me or there are so many rival/enemies this season (judging by the amount of shadows shown at the opening)?
    Those are Gym Leaders, actually, you can clearly see Clemont, Korrina, Viola and other yet to be officially revealed Gym Leaders (I couldn't find Grant, though).

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    That is not true at all. There are quite a lot of new Pokémon, a new region, new characters, new everything in XY, so you can't say "the new gen was very neglected in all possible ways in favor of focusing the old". The awesome thing about XY is that the games don't ignore the existence of older Pokémon like BW did, which is a terrific thing and thankfully the anime seem to be following that. Nothing bad about giving us a mix of the old and the new instead of only the new. But yeah, the opening was pretty light on new Pokémon. There are a lot of them and you can only see 10% of them at most in the opening.
    69 isn't really "quite a lot" and then there's the fact gen 1 and the past gens in general are blatantly focused on rather than the actual new gen being the main thing... but we're probably getting off topic and wouldn't agree on it anyway so we should probably stop that
    call it however you want, but point is the anime is just reflecting whatever the games are doing (and I never said what they're doing is necessarily bad, although a bit weird to me)

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Loving the new opening, in fact it might be one of my favorites lol.

Best part is not seeing Ash with all three starters ^_^!!!

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Opening seemed pretty trippy and adventurous bursting with various interesting scenes and characters. I liked how it portrayed each character in unique way such as Clemont and Bonnie as wacky duo with his crazy inventions often leading them into trouble. Serena looked alright and judging by how quickly she changes hats it seems she will be interested in fashion a lot.

Ash looks more determined and firm than ever seeming to radiate with lot of maturity and experience like it should be the case staying faithful to his growth and past experiences.

That Pikachu kissing camera looked adorable and new animation of iron tail looked pretty cool too.
    Architecture depicting streets, small houses, towns, even food as something you would expect to find in France is another thing which i consider as big plus staying faithful to message of Kalos supposing to be region based on love, tasty cuisine and fashion.

Song was ok i guess but it seemed kinda dispersed and incoherent lacking that excitement and suspense of keeping you all pumped up and in expectation of new saga. Not catching liveliness of opening in most optimal way, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    [

As for the opening, I love both the song and animation and I am also more and more convinced that this cast is awesome and I love them all already <3
    Im all for anime following games strategy of Kalos paying tribute to not just new but previous generations as well keeping them connected. Adding for more consistent story referencing and acknowledging past, older gen pokemon, previous events, maybe even characters through unexpected surprises playing relevant role again and getting update etc.(like past companions) adding credibility and more substance to anime living up to game message about bond and friendship this time around. Something BW was overall pretty scarse about.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 10th October 2013 at 11:29 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast