Pokemon Radio on Twitter - Page 27

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Pokemon Radio on Twitter

Default Re: Pokemon Radio on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    https://twitter.com/rica_matsumoto3/status/251737091489288192

Official confirmation that the show will indeed be airing on airing on Sunday. Rica will finally be the guest!
    *dance + somersault + shriek* Sooo happy about this. I admit to having a tiny fit when the show just "ended" without Rica Matsumoto making an appearance :D

Kinda questionable advertizing strategy though, maybe? They all but spelled out that they were done during the last airing, plus there's nothing about this week's show on their Twitter even though it's Saturday already. Sure, everything was suspiciously sudden and there were vague implications that we're getting a 2nd season someday, but compared to the very in-your-face advertisement prior to the show's premiere, it seems to take quite bit of searching and looking-in-the-right-places to be aware of this development. Then again, I don't have a clue about radio shows, much less Japanese ones, so maybe people are used to being pushed back and forth and have learned to hedge their bets by double-checking radio schedules...

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Jeshi
    If they don't understand that they have emotions, they've been never real fans to begin with.
    Stop right there. You do not get to go around and tell people what does and what doesn't make them "real fans." Some fans like the way the Rocket trio's depicted in Best Wishes!, and some don't. Both opinions are equally valid, and disagreeing with one or the other does not make anyone any "less of a fan."

Umm, learn Japanese?
    Not everyone has the time or the desire to learn a whole other language, especially for something as silly as a Pokemon radio show. For many fans, learning Japanese is just not feasible with everything else they've got going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree
    So what was the point of saying that the season ended with the latest episode?
    Maybe last week's episode really was intended to be the final one but the show got renewed at the last minute? *shrugs*
    HumanDawn and NeoRocket27 like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

The very last thing they say in the broadcast is, One day we will definitely come back! I have a feeling it was all just last-minute decision making; they probably announced it would be their last show Sunday but some executive made the decision Monday morning. Or Smash aired their content in the morning, they got an afternoon OK, and they didn't have time to change anything so it went to air as-is.
    I don't think they were trying to fool kids. They were doing some cutthroat advertising mixed with some uncertainty, probably. And there's no real way to know popularity without live ratings, so they may have been waiting for those. It's pretty damn impressive that they've announced the show was ending and the Twitter hasn't dipped drastically in followers. People want it! So they feel like they should deliver!

And something you have to remember, guys: writers on shows can change, and they do change often. I'm sure there have been a great number of writers that have been through Pokemon, and only a handful have been their since the beginning. I'm not sure how precise the sources for "canon" get, but you really can't base it on "these certain writers say so" because those certain writers may have worked on it for a year and then moved on.

I wish I had time to translate more for everyone, but, y'know, life gets in the way...
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsmoothierevenge View Post
    And something you have to remember, guys: writers on shows can change, and they do change often. I'm sure there have been a great number of writers that have been through Pokemon, and only a handful have been their since the beginning. I'm not sure how precise the sources for "canon" get, but you really can't base it on "these certain writers say so" because those certain writers may have worked on it for a year and then moved on.
    Most of the writers of the current anime have been on the show for years, many since the very beginning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Most of the writers of the current anime have been on the show for years, many since the very beginning.
    I do know a lot of them have been on the show for years. I'm just saying that if you want to get down to brass tacks about canon based on who's written what, it doesn't really work that way. Head writers, maybe. Writers in general, notsomuch.

Anywho. What segments in the show did you like, and which ones would you have replaced with something new?
    I actually like the drawing and the music quizzes a lot. I also love the QQ tests, and hope they have more. The uploads are always fantastic, and I kind of wish we got uploads during the week, too. Maybe, like, just one. The only thing that sometimes bugs me will be when a guest doesn't really quite get how to play along with the format... I can't say there's really been a segment I disliked.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    All the current writers have been here from the very beginning.

But now the moment we've all been waiting for has arrived. Interfm just released their October schedule! And...

NEW FACES IN THE LINEUP! | InterFM : インターFM [ 76.1MHz TOKYO / 76.5MHz YOKOHAMA ]

The radio show will continue on!
    투 애니원 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

This news certainly calls for a big party! Team Rocket forever! <3

Quote Originally Posted by pokemypoke View Post
    I'm really intrigued by this episode Sunday. I feel so on edge...never knowing where the TRio are going...but I kind of like that feeling now. Very eager to see what happens next with the radio show.
    This is so exciting isn't it? :D Sometimes a little too much XD;

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    So what was the point of saying that the season ended with the latest episode?
    I think that they meant that it was the last episode before the big mission... The purpose of their radio was to gain more members so Team Rocket could gain domination over the world... And Sakaki thought that radio won't be neccessary when the big mission would be surely a success.

Besides, they surely wanted us to feel nervous about TR's future (especially the TRio's). If we knew that the radio would be continued from the beginning, it'd mean that the TRio will be fine. So yeah, marketing purposes too. Maybe they also wanted to check how much we care for the radio?

But there would be no drama if only Smash people didn't say anything. After Rockets announced "the last episode" during the show, Nyasu talked about the show's continuation on Twitter just minutes later. It should be Smash we should be mad with for cheating us :P

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsmoothierevenge View Post
    The very last thing they say in the broadcast is, One day we will definitely come back! I have a feeling it was all just last-minute decision making; they probably announced it would be their last show Sunday but some executive made the decision Monday morning. Or Smash aired their content in the morning, they got an afternoon OK, and they didn't have time to change anything so it went to air as-is.
    When they said One day we will definitely come back!, they meant the anime comeback though. They hoped that they'd come back to their old ways after Sakaki told them that they'll do TV activity next.

I don't think they were trying to fool kids.
    Excuse me, what kids? ;D People listening to the show are mostly teenagers/adults. Plus we arleady had a chance to learn that it wasn't aimed at kids really

I wish I had time to translate more for everyone, but, y'know, life gets in the way...
    Same for me :/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeshi
    Excuse me, what kids? ;D
    It was in response to this quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    There is nothing amusing about that kind of misdirection. It's just pointless, especially since Smash went along with it and misinformed many children.
    It's kind of awesome that they've managed to grow their demographic to include just about everyone.

YATTA! I'm so excited for more radio show! They're just so fun to listen to. <3

Blog Entries

The radio show may not be aimed at children, but Pokémon Smash certainly is.
    Last edited by Silktree; 29th September 2012 at 02:07 PM.

Blog Entries

I had forgotten Rica plays Sakaki's Persian. I bet we'll hear it tonight.

CAT FIGHT!

Blog Entries

Oh, oh, Kojiro just tweeted...
    It doesn't look like they'll be doing the show today? He hasn't got the script? And Sakaki is still busy with Operation Tempest, and doesn't really care? WTF is going on?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon_Radio
    "I heard today's guest was Matsumoto-san but it wasn't true!!?" Guest? A guest for what program? To us, it doesn't matter anymore...
    Kojiro seems quite down in the latest tweets. I don't know, but he sounds sad...

Do you think it was because of the typhoon that is approaching Tokyo, or were they bluffing? What are they even doing? IDEK.

Blog Entries

Mima is trolling us. There's going to be a show, but Kojiro doesn't know it yet.

Blog Entries

... I am so gullible! X3; Oh, Mima-san, you made some people very angry, haha.

Blog Entries

Sounds like Nyasu is sneaking into the studio to check out the situation.

Also, Interfm is airing the regular ads for the show.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jeshi On Twitter
    Follow Jeshi on Tumblr

Kojiro is so pissed off now that he started the 1000th tweet with one big, juicy "SHIIIT". People on twitter seem to be angry too. That was so OOC for Satoshi to pull something like that off, but yet everything makes sense now. Anyway, I hope that Rockets will get their sweet revenge for that :>

Why yes, I'm pissed off too.

EDIT: Oh, that was 1001st tweet, Musashi's was the 1000th.
    Jez and Argy like this.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast