Pokemon coming to Hulu?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon coming to Hulu?

Blog Entries

Default Pokemon coming to Hulu?

If you watched the Superbowl last weekend, you may have seen an ad for a video site called Hulu, which hosts a variety of content, including TV shows and movies. The site is part-owned by Universal, and since movie 11 is being distributed by Universal, I thought getting some of the older episodes on Hulu might be part of the deal, particularly given the recent demise of Toonami Jetstream. What do you think?

Default Re: Pokemon coming to Hulu?

Wait, Universal's releasing the movie? Whatever happened to WB distributing VIZ's stuff?

Blog Entries

Heh, exactly what I thought after seeing that Hulu commercial. For some reason the thought of "Oh, what if Pokémon was on one of those sites?" popped into my head. And from the looks of it, some other people too, because aren't we having a discussion somewhere on the forum about this?

Anyway, it'd be awesome, but I kinda doubt it will happen. Then again, they do have Naruto on there...
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch View Post
    Wait, Universal's releasing the movie? Whatever happened to WB distributing VIZ's stuff?
    Yep:

http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=83783&v=universal-studios_anime

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    Heh, exactly what I thought after seeing that Hulu commercial. For some reason the thought of "Oh, what if Pokémon was on one of those sites?" popped into my head. And from the looks of it, some other people too, because aren't we having a discussion somewhere on the forum about this?

Anyway, it'd be awesome, but I kinda doubt it will happen. Then again, they do have Naruto on there...
    Indeed they do, Bleach also. The video quality is pretty good.

Blog Entries

Does Universal own Viz now?
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Blog Entries

Wait...so Universal is distributing Pokemon DVDs now? That's really weird. O.O

Is it just the movies, or will they be releasing all Pokemon DVDs from now on?

Anyway, I hope they're moving the older episodes to Hulu. It would be really great to watch those episodes again, considering they still don't have box sets for seasons 3 and 4.

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

They probably will go to hulu if anyone has checked they already have the second movieon there.

Blog Entries

I REALLY hope the older episodes go to Hulu given Cartoon Network's disgustingly poor track record with reruns of anything but the current two seasons. It seems like a natural move since quite a few people hate both Diamond and Pearl and Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension because of the plots, characters, voice cast or other reasons and also since a couple seasons of the show are not available on DVD as mentioned earlier. I am one of those people who hates the Diamond and Pearl seasons and only watches the first five, back when I feel it truly was worth watching and was exceptionally popular. It might have been a good thing that Jetstream died since their player was not optimized at all and quite a hog on system resources along with internet connection bandwidth since there was no buffering of the video streams. This would be a better idea but I would prefer if the show was back on Cartoon Network or perhaps Boomerang but given that the people at Turner Broadcasting hate anime, or at least that is what it seems like it will most likely not happen which is quite a sad thing to say.
    Are you a fan of Misty? if so please visit #misty4ever on irc.systemnet.info or through this gateway. http://raybound.com/misty/HeavyApplet.html
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.
    Want Johto on DVD in the US and Canada? LET VIZ KNOW! http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/pokemonjohto

I don't care either way, I hate the dub and I can't do anything with stupid Hulu anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    They probably will go to hulu if anyone has checked they already have the second movieon there.
    Where? I don't see it.

They don't. All they have are links to the Warner Bros. site where you can see a couple short clips from the movie (and a link to Toonami Jetstream regarding the rest of series, which they should've really removed by now).

Oh, and they spell the name "Pekomen". :D
    So.

I Kiss A Girl n I Like IT Amazed4587's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, Pokemon is being distributed by Universal. That is something weird to me. And I heard of hulu, being so awesome playing the Simpsons and Family Guy on youtube clips there. But a lot of shows play on hulu.com, so I wouldn't be surprised being released there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi1001
    If you watched the Superbowl last weekend, you may have seen an ad for a video site called Hulu, which hosts a variety of content, including TV shows and movies.
    That was one weird commercial. Alec Baldwin, you disappoint me.

Blog Entries

That was an EPIC commercial.

Wonderfully unsettling.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by JB88 View Post
    That was one weird commercial. Alec Baldwin, you disappoint me.
    All superbowl adds are like that actually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast