PREVIEW: POKEMON BEST WISHES SEASON 2: Episode N - Page 40

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: POKEMON BEST WISHES SEASON 2: Episode N

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Default Re: POKEMON BEST WISHES SEASON 2: Episode N

N? Reshiram? Team Plasma? Ghetsis? Corless? TR's back?

...*GASP* Grandpa Charizard?!?

And is that Genesect on that computer screen I spot? o_o

I'm gonna keep my expectations mid-level (as should everyone else), but I gotta say, this looks fairly promising

(Oh, someone please tell me the Shadow Triad will appear too)
    Last edited by SammyW27; 9th December 2012 at 02:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Smash is showing new previews.

More to come later in the show.
    Obviously, this will be the highlight of the upcoming arc.
    Such beauty, such magnificence, a wonderful asset to the story indeed v_v

BUT OoOoOOH MY GOD, his voice is so quiet and creepy, it's exactly how I dreamed it would sound!!! AAAAHHH and N is pretty cray for blocking that shadow ball like that, but it seems like a really Ash thing to do...

Too much excitement ><

"seasons change, people change"

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Team Rocket is seemingly back to their old antics? N would take hits for Pokemon? Colress and Ghetsis are probably going to appear? YES! I wonder how N's voice will be dubbed...probably like that B2W2 trailer. If that's the case, then this arc could end up being extremely great!
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

I wonder if that ruined lab N was seen in will be the beginning of the Genesect plot...

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    I am assuming that he wore bullet-proof vest or he is Iron Man.
    It seemed to me that N's face after he took the attack was more attributed to him simply being more focused or resolved to protect the Pokemon than to him not being hurt.

After seeing Maylene kick and punch away aura spheres, TR/random people getting thunderbolted, and Ash coming in on Vine Whip, Blaze, Shadow Balls plus a Volt Tackle he commanded on himself, I would say the effect of pokemon attacks on people ends up being more or less the same as their effects on pokemon in general, with variation given as the plot demands.
    Oh?

Quote Originally Posted by 33Whimsicott33 View Post
    It seemed to me that N's face after he took the attack was more attributed to him simply being more focused or resolved to protect the Pokemon than to him not being hurt.

After seeing Maylene kick and punch away aura spheres, TR/random people getting thunderbolted, and Ash coming in on Vine Whip, Blaze, Shadow Balls plus a Volt Tackle he commanded on himself, I would say the effect of pokemon attacks on people ends up being more or less the same as their effects on pokemon in general, with variation given as the plot demands.
    1) Do Bullet-Proof Vest ever exist in the Anime? I don't remember they have a gun. So no one will invent Bullet-Proof Vest when there is no bullet.
    2) This is Pokemon, not Avengers.

Don't be so serious, thought I like your explanation, I am just kidding when I post that thing.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1) Do Bullet-Proof Vest ever exist in the Anime? I don't remember they have a gun. So no one will invent Bullet-Proof Vest when there is no bullet.

Don't be so serious, thought I like your explanation, I am just kidding when I post that thing.
    And in the movie, I just noticed Ash get kicked back pretty hard by Keldeo in the same move used to break doors and shatter ice.

Back on topic, yeah, it does look like N was focused. Gotta see it in the full context, though.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I just saw the new preview images and N still looks awesome. I'm glad to see that he's more like he was in B/W since that makes me hope that he'll get some good development during the course of this arc to be more like how he was in B2/W2. His voice is still pretty cool, protecting Snivy and Axew like that was nice and I'm curious about that destroyed lab he was at near the end. I could see it being connected to either Genesect or Kyurem, depending on what they have planned for this arc and the next movie.

if it is ash's Charizard i hope he becomes a teacher to Pignite about being a badass fire type.
    Rajagopal90 and 8ther like this.

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I didn't think a human could survive a Shadow Ball attack completely unscathed. It would at least cause some sort of damage.
    Perhaps the anime is making further use of his "powers." So far, the main notable power that he displays is his ability to talk with Pokemon, but according to the interview where his full name was revealed he also was said to be able to look into the past & future, as well as having a genius level IQ.

Just a theory, but maybe it will turn out to be something at least in the upcoming arc. The preview was pretty nice, liked how serious N looks.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I can understand some of the type weaknesses from the games being carried over to the TV series. Water beating fire, for example, or flying beating bug. But the whole "Ghost-Type attacks don't work on Normal-Types" thing never made any sense to me. What reason could they have to not work, other than Game Freak being like "Whoops, I guess we've gotta make Normal immune to *something* to help balance things out a bit. What haven't we used yet...?"

So what I'm saying is that I hope what appears to be N's immunity to that Shadow Ball isn't due to something silly like type immunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy
    Do Bullet-Proof Vest ever exist in the Anime? I don't remember they have a gun. So no one will invent Bullet-Proof Vest when there is no bullet.
    There were multiple guns in Kanto. In fact, guns are what got the episode where Satoshi catches all those Kentauros banned.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The second paragraph I gave there was made less as a return argument and more as an explanation- the explanation of how I see attacks working between humans and Pokemon in the anime.

When responding to your quote, I wasn't really taking into account any of the sillier comparisons I knew you were joking about, but rather the take-home message (from both the quote and the discussion surrounding it) that he wasn't being hurt by the attack. The main thing I was trying to point out is how, after N takes the Shadow Ball in the back, he doesn't look like he's showing any significant pain in the following shot. And that I believe that is something that was meant to show the strength of his mind focused only on protecting Ash's Pokemon rather than show the ineffectiveness of the attack itself. I believe he took some damage, but keep in mind it's also possible that he didn't. But above all I think what's important in that scene is concerning N himself.
    Oh?

Moe
    Blog Entries

Another side of it might be his growing up with Pokemon - if all N did was play with Pokemon every day, then naturally he'd build up an ability to cope with the attacks. I'd assume Iris would be the same to some extent, and we certainly know Ash is.

I do hope we get a lot of background to N, not just the end result.

That said, there's no reason to assume Ash is the same typing as N. I'd assume Ash is at least part Fighting type, just like how Iris' hair makes her a grass type.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    just like how Iris' hair makes her a grass type.
    How does the hair make her a grass type? I mean, I guess that would account for the ice weakness, but I feel like it would make more sense if she was a dragon-type. Cilan's probably a grass-type, though.

... Why am I taking this seriously
    PockyAddict likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Another side of it might be his growing up with Pokemon - if all N did was play with Pokemon every day, then naturally he'd build up an ability to cope with the attacks. I'd assume Iris would be the same to some extent, and we certainly know Ash is.

I do hope we get a lot of background to N, not just the end result.
    This. N grew up with pokemon ever since he was a baby, so he must have something that'll let him take less damage from direct attacks from pokemons.

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast