Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

  1. #16
    Registered User CliveKoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Coventry, United Kingdom
    Posts
    331
    Add CliveKoopa on Facebook
    Visit CliveKoopa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

    Gotta Catch You Later sees a lot of development for Ash as well as Misty.

    How is Hoenn Alone filler? You can't have Misty leaving Ash in one episode then in the next, Ash is already in Hoenn with a very sick Pikachu. That wouldn't make sense.
    Last edited by CliveKoopa; 10th September 2011 at 11:59 AM.
    martianmister likes this.

  2. #17
    Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,271
    Blog Entries
    89
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

    I think most people would agree that episodes that take place in locations from the games are non-filler as well. For example, Cream of the Croagunk Crop! introduced Crasher Wake and took place in the Great Marsh.
    martianmister likes this.

    XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

  3. #18
    Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Viridian City
    Posts
    404

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

    The problem with a list like this for the Indigo League episodes is that many of the filler episodes were highly memorable and very entertaining (Island of the Giant Pokemon, Tentacool and Tentacruel, Holiday at Acapulco). Otherwise, great job!
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

  4. #19
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino White View Post
    The problem with a list like this for the Indigo League episodes is that many of the filler episodes were highly memorable and very entertaining (Island of the Giant Pokemon, Tentacool and Tentacruel, Holiday at Acapulco). Otherwise, great job!
    Two of the three eps you mentioned are not filler at all.

  5. #20
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,663
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

    Anyways, that's a nice thing you did, making a whole list of non-fillers. I had been thinking about watching pokemon from OS episode 1 up to now, but I didn't want to go through all those fillers... Maybe with your guide I might just be able to do that! Thanks XD

  6. #21
    East Unova Resident SuperTrainStationH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    362
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

    To make this complete, I'd suggest numbering these in chronological order in one big single list.

  7. #22
    Registered User CliveKoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Coventry, United Kingdom
    Posts
    331
    Add CliveKoopa on Facebook
    Visit CliveKoopa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

    I have already put the episodes in order in each category. I may number them another time plus there is a lot more stuff I need to add. The character development list is far from complete and I haven't added any Team Rocket/Galactic, etc episodes and many others.

  8. #23
    Registered User Adamant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,895

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Two of the three eps you mentioned are not filler at all.
    Neither of those three episodes can be skipped without causing a major disconnect within the plot.

    Either way, while this thread is certainly a commendable effort, the entire idea behind it isn't really all that. The entire "filler is bad" thing is ridiculously overblown in the fandom as it is, and most of the people complaining about filler can't seem to agree on what constitutes a "filler" anyway. Then there's the entire idiocy behind picking and choosing what episodes to watch and which to not watch depending on what happens in the episode rather than whether it's fun to watch or not. This thread is mostly just promoting the idea that this is a good way of watching a series, which isn't all that positive.
    Last edited by Adamant; 14th September 2011 at 03:07 PM.
    So.

  9. #24
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    Either way, while this thread is certainly a commendable effort, the entire idea behind it isn't really all that. The entire "filler is bad" thing is ridiculously overblown in the fandom as it is, and most of the people complaining about filler can't seem to agree on what constitutes a "filler" anyway.
    Can you blame them? The filler=bad mentality was because of Johto back in 2001. Because so many Johto fillers were a total bore, it turned people against them. Even though the filler quality improved in the following arcs, Johto gave the episodes a negative stigma that would carry on throughout the series. Just goes to proves that the entire fandom view of the anime can all be stemmed back to over 10 years ago.

    Then there's the entire idiocy behind picking and choosing what episodes to watch and which to not watch depending on what happens in the episode rather than whether it's fun to watch or not. This thread is mostly just promoting the idea that this is a good way of watching a series, which isn't all that positive.
    That is true. But at the same time if anyone just wants to quickly watch the most important eps of each saga, this is a quick and easy way to do it.

  10. #25
    Registered User CliveKoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Coventry, United Kingdom
    Posts
    331
    Add CliveKoopa on Facebook
    Visit CliveKoopa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Can you blame them? The filler=bad mentality was because of Johto back in 2001. Because so many Johto fillers were a total bore, it turned people against them. Even though the filler quality improved in the following arcs, Johto gave the episodes a negative stigma that would carry on throughout the series. Just goes to proves that the entire fandom view of the anime can all be stemmed back to over 10 years ago.
    It's the Johto bashing what really annoys me the most. I, personally, couldn't care less if an episode is "filler" or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    Neither of those three episodes can be skipped without causing a major disconnect within the plot.

    Either way, while this thread is certainly a commendable effort, the entire idea behind it isn't really all that. The entire "filler is bad" thing is ridiculously overblown in the fandom as it is, and most of the people complaining about filler can't seem to agree on what constitutes a "filler" anyway. Then there's the entire idiocy behind picking and choosing what episodes to watch and which to not watch depending on what happens in the episode rather than whether it's fun to watch or not. This thread is mostly just promoting the idea that this is a good way of watching a series, which isn't all that positive.
    One of those episodes mentioned is Tentacool and Tentacruel, which can't be skipped because of Mistu catching Horsea. Are you calling me an idiot for making this thread? I find your "idiocy" comment quite insulting if that is what you are insinuating. And I don't really care if you don't find it positive.

  11. #26
    Cuter in real life Iteru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    10,733
    Blog Entries
    86

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

    This thread isn't about whether the idea of a list is bad or not, or whether filler episodes themselves are automatically bad.

    Please only post if you are offering help in making the list, and not on the idea of fillers themselves.

  12. #27
    Registered User Adamant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,895

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    One of those episodes mentioned is Tentacool and Tentacruel, which can't be skipped because of Mistu catching Horsea.
    And the other two are part of a set of episodes with a continuous story line that will cause some very clear "wait, there's something missing here" reactions if skipped.

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    Are you calling me an idiot for making this thread? I find your "idiocy" comment quite insulting if that is what you are insinuating.
    Nnno, I said the thread was a commendable effort, and called the idea of choosing the episodes to watch based on their "importance to the overall plot" rather than whether or not they are fun or not idiotic ("boring episode with an evolution at the last minute of the episode = worth watching. Extremely entertaining, stand-alone episode = not worth watching. Go figure).
    Try reading posts more closely instead of overreacting.

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    And I don't really care if you don't find it positive.
    k (though you apparantly cared enough to take the time to inform the world about that)
    So.

  13. #28
    Registered User CliveKoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Coventry, United Kingdom
    Posts
    331
    Add CliveKoopa on Facebook
    Visit CliveKoopa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime Fan's Guide to Non-Fillers

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    And the other two are part of a set of episodes with a continuous story line that will cause some very clear "wait, there's something missing here" reactions if skipped.
    That's true. In fact, if you watch closely enough, you can find little bits of character/plot development in almost every episode. The only ones what are truly filler are those where Ash and co get seperated and a few others.


    Nnno, I said the thread was a commendable effort, and called the idea of choosing the episodes to watch based on their "importance to the overall plot" rather than whether or not they are fun or not idiotic ("boring episode with an evolution at the last minute of the episode = worth watching. Extremely entertaining, stand-alone episode = not worth watching. Go figure).
    Try reading posts more closely instead of overreacting.
    Okay, that's cool. Sorry if I over-reacted, I must have misread your post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •