NEWS: Pokémon: The Origin! - Page 4

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree401Likes

Thread: Pokémon: The Origin!

Default re: Pokémon: The Origin!

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post

I am hoping they focus the anime on battles and other stuff that is actually important in the games. Romance, Red "getting Yellow" by the end and stuff like that aren't.

We don't even know if Yellow will be in the anime.[/FONT]
    Yes! we need Battles and action. Not the Slice of life High school filler material that has been over cliched. i do hope this series will have battles that will be the caliber of what was suppost to be the Mother in Law of all Battles of Dragonite Vs Charizard. having battles of that caliber would restore my faith in the series. adding fillers such as romance to a battle and action heavy series would just get in the way of all of the important POKEMON and all of the Actiony battling
    Eh. Not if it's done tastefully. A little romance or whatever can add to the series if done in the right way. Mind you, it would need a extremely talented team of writings and animators to do it, but it could still be done.

Which leads to my point, filler is only filler when it is done poorly and without actual reason. Fluff isn't always filler, sometimes it makes a series (even an action-focused series) better by being there. A good series is dynamic and not really ever just one genre anyways, and I'd love to see THAT from this, though...it probably won't happen. :P

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Well, this is surprising to say the least. The designs for Red and Green look okay so far, but the Pokemon look terrific. I'm leading towards that this is going to be a special, but it could be a small series to cover the first generation games too. I'll definitely watch this, but I'll also watch XY when it airs too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Also regarding this being released alongside XY... well, you know how x and y are the directional axises in mathematics? And how the point where they meet is caaaaaaaalled... the origin point? :3
    Interesting theory. I hadn't considered this actually going hand-in-hand with X and Y.
    I was actually kidding. I don't think this will have anything to do with XY. Though the idea that they're doing it now just for the sake of a pun greatly amuses me.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    I was actually kidding. I don't think this will have anything to do with XY. Though the idea that they're doing it now just for the sake of a pun greatly amuses me.
    I see. XD I honestly didn't think it was likely either, but the thought peaked my interest.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

PLEASE don't let TPCi dub this...

Red doesn't look as I expected. I hope the girl will appear, doesn't have to be her manga personality, though.
    Pokémon Master Ash and Enzap like this.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipsi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post

I am hoping they focus the anime on battles and other stuff that is actually important in the games. Romance, Red "getting Yellow" by the end and stuff like that aren't.

We don't even know if Yellow will be in the anime.[/FONT]
    Yes! we need Battles and action. Not the Slice of life High school filler material that has been over cliched. i do hope this series will have battles that will be the caliber of what was suppost to be the Mother in Law of all Battles of Dragonite Vs Charizard. having battles of that caliber would restore my faith in the series. adding fillers such as romance to a battle and action heavy series would just get in the way of all of the important POKEMON and all of the Actiony battling
    Eh. Not if it's done tastefully. A little romance or whatever can add to the series if done in the right way. Mind you, it would need a extremely talented team of writings and animators to do it, but it could still be done.

Which leads to my point, filler is only filler when it is done poorly and without actual reason. Fluff isn't always filler, sometimes it makes a series (even an action-focused series) better by being there. A good series is dynamic and not really ever just one genre anyways, and I'd love to see THAT from this, though...it probably won't happen. :P
    i wouldnt mind there being a little bit of romance either but i would be afraid to see the shipping wars and having too much focus taken away from the main points of the show. the Pokemon. have been a watcher of pokemon for 15 years, i know that the writers are not the best in handling the show in terms of content but od be willing to see if they do attemt to try to be a bit more creative and try to add some romance or things of the such just as long as it wont take over the show and if they didnt fail in doing that

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Calls Masquerain View Post

Red doesn't look as I expected. I hope the girl will appear, doesn't have to be her manga personality, though.
    ROFL.

Does anyone else besides me want Veronica Taylor to play Red in the dub?

PLEASE GOD LET MASAAKI IWANE BE IN THIS TOO. *prays*

Wow, I didn't expect this kind of news. I'm very excited.
    For hope burns bright!

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

I don't need more Red and Green in my life either :T
    I want older season protags T_T
    particularly my ladies T_T

Blog Entries

I'd love to see Blue/Leaf animated in the gorgeous style of this Pokémon Origins series, but I don't feel like she will be appearing. :/

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

An anime counterpart of Blue/Leaf NEEDS to be done. She gets the short end of the stick out of all the game protagonists. The only canon where she canonically exists is in the Pokemon Special manga.

Whereas Red is in almost everything. His anime version (Satoshi) is the main character of the current anime for Pete's sake.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

I actually don't think TPCI won't be bad at this. Since these are diff characters than the main anime one. And they will dub it, since they prob will have a license to it.

Preview:

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PockyAddict View Post

I actually don't think TPCI won't be bad at this. Since these are diff characters than the main anime one. And they will dub it, since they prob will have a license to it.
    If they choose the right actors, this can be done well by them. In particular this would give Veronica and many of the older actors in the dub who used to play main roles a chance to find new characters for them and have the chance to bring them to life again, IMO. If TPCi will let them work on it, that is.

If not, I only hope they pick voices that really suit the characters, and their ages, well.

Blog Entries

Was it stated why they created Origins?
    x
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest
    profile pic ~ my poetry ~ my fan-fiction
    x

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast