NEWS: Pokémon: The Origin! - Page 22

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Like Tree401Likes

Thread: Pokémon: The Origin!

Default Re: Pokémon: The Origin!

I may have said before I expect it to be a normal ep's length, but just to make that clear, I did wish for it to be longer so I am happy with this news (I was just trying to lower my expectations like I always do nowdays)
    The one thing I still hope for is that we will see the FRLG heroine... she was one of the better designs out of the heroines and it's a shame she didn't appear in anime form so far, it'd be ridiculous to pass on this opportunity! (then again, I am not going to expect this to happen, but I'd really love it if she does appear... even for a second choosing her starter with Red and Blue...)
    Also, with the recent news about Mega Evolutions for the Kanto starters, the speculation about Red activating Mega Evolution for Charizard is pretty much confirmed now... this special will probably end (or a bit prior to the actual ending) with Red's Mega Charizard VS Blue's Mega Blastoise
    I'd actually expect Gary to appear in the regular anime with Mega Blastoise beating Ash's Charizard (since Chari is with Ash currently) as something to drive Ash to go to Kalos... but since we're clearly getting a similar battle in this, that probably won't happen
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    this special will probably end (or a bit prior to the actual ending) with Red's Mega Charizard VS Blue's Mega Blastoise
    I highly doubt it. In the trailer, Red and Charizard's bonding scene is shown right after Red is seen inside a cave (most likely Cerulean Cave). Based on that and the fact that they're surrounded by water (which shouldn't be present in the Indigo Plateau arena), I think that Mega Charizard will battle Mewtwo rather than Blastoise. For Green/Blue to unlock Mega Blastoise would imply a strong bond with his starter, which would contradict the games where Professor Oak berated him for not bonding with his Pokémon: "Do you understand why you lost? You have forgotten to treat your Pokémon with trust and love! Without them, you will never become a champ again!"

Besides, the Cerulean Cave event is a much better time to showcase Mega Evolution since it's the only in-game event that isn't necessarily canon. Red most likely isn't going to catch Mewtwo, even though most players did catch it. Mewtwo shouldn't Mega-Evolve, either, since it has no attachment to any trainer yet.
    Last edited by Silktree; 13th September 2013 at 03:54 AM.
    Piplup and martianmister like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    this special will probably end (or a bit prior to the actual ending) with Red's Mega Charizard VS Blue's Mega Blastoise
    I highly doubt it. In the trailer, Red and Charizard's bonding scene is shown right after Red is seen inside a cave (most likely Cerulean Cave). Based on that and the fact that they're surrounded by water (which shouldn't be present in the Indigo Plateau arena), I think that Mega Charizard will battle Mewtwo rather than Blastoise. For Green/Blue to unlock Mega Blastoise would imply a strong bond with his starter, which would contradict the games where Professor Oak berated him for not bonding with his Pokémon: "Do you understand why you lost? You have forgotten to treat your Pokémon with trust and love! Without them, you will never become a champ again!"

Besides, the Cerulean Cave event is a much better time to showcase Mega Evolution since it's the only in-game event that isn't necessarily canon. Red most likely isn't going to catch Mewtwo, even though most players did catch it. Mewtwo shouldn't Mega-Evolve, either, since it has no attachment to any trainer yet.
    Actually you're right, this makes more sense...

an hour and 49 mins this is great news now i just hope it gets dubbed

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Whoa, I didn't expect it to be that long. That's enough for it to be a movie. 90 minutes would make a total of 4 episodes and a half, so that's a decent amount.

Blog Entries

It is worth nothing that TV Tokyo's website promises more special content next year. The translation is courtesy of Dogasu:

TV-Tokyo ends the press release by saying that there will be more special Pocket Monsters related programming in 2014 to help the station celebrate its 50th year on the air.
    Tsutarja, Reila, Piplup and 2 others like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

It is worth nothing that TV Tokyo's website promises more special content next year. The translation is courtesy of Dogasu:

TV-Tokyo ends the press release by saying that there will be more special Pocket Monsters related programming in 2014 to help the station celebrate its 50th year on the air.
    That sounds promising, actually. Could we expect maybe G/S or R/S specials?

Blog Entries

Ruby/Sapphire or X/Y specials would be so great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    That sounds promising, actually. Could we expect maybe G/S or R/S specials?
    I don't know about that since Origin is relevant to XY, as evidenced by the timing and the fact that the game website links to its page. They may skip over the other generations and cover XY themselves.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I don't know about that since Origin is relevant to XY, as evidenced by the timing and the fact that the game website links to its page. They may skip over the other generations and cover XY themselves.
    It would be strange having XY anime specials as regular XY anime airs.

Unless RS remakes are to be released and we get related specials in anticipation of the release. But yeah, since this is celebration of its 50th year on the air, anything is possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    It would be strange having XY anime specials as regular XY anime airs.
    Strange how? We know from experience that the XY series won't be too faithful to the games. Besides, the Raikou special aired during the Johto series and it used the Johto player characters, at least.

Unless RS remakes are to be released
    It's unlikely that Game Freak will release any games next year.

Blog Entries

It's unlikely that Game Freak will release any games next year.
    Why?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Why?
    Because they released XY not long after B2W2 and it seems unlikely that they've already started another project. They may release the next game in early 2015, but we're talking about 2014.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

BW2 came out a year and a half after BW's release. If R/S/E remakes are planned to be made, a special made to advertise isn't too far off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    BW2 came out a year and a half after BW's release. If R/S/E remakes are planned to be made, a special made to advertise isn't too far off.
    B2W2 are DS games whose development started in 2010. As I said, they could release the next game in early 2015, but I don't see any connection to specials that TV Tokyo are planning for 2014 to celebrate their 50th anniversary. There is a reason why Origin is going to air just 10 days prior to XY's release.

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast