Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 57

Page 57 of 375 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I wonder if we're going to get anything new now that Togekiss' capture is over in the next eps.

Now any team changes would have to be updated in the opening. Gible will probably evolve at least once before DP ends, otherwise it seems pointless that the writers even gave it to Ash.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    I wonder if we're going to get anything new now that Togekiss' capture is over in the next eps. Now any team changes would have to be updated in the opening.
    I don't see us getting any new evos until the league. once the League is started, all bets are off, with Totodile, Cyndaquil and Gible being the likelier subject.

Gible will probably evolve at least once before DP ends, otherwise it seems pointless that the writers even gave it to Ash.
    You mean beside refreshing the cast, bringing much needed comedy to Ash's roster... comedy that was seriously lacking since Aipom was traded away...

If anything, I think it's more pointless to evolve it only once, since it's either a pure comic relief (and therefore should stay in its base form) or is gonna be both a powerhouse and a comic relief, for which it needs to fully evolve... middle ground would be the worst option IMO, especially with Ursula's Gabite already giving spotlight to the species.

I'd prefer Gible to never evolve... but I guess it's inevitable that they'll evolve it at least once
    I still hope Ash will go to next gen region with both Pika and Gible... and then Gible can eat the girl's bike after Pika fries them... or bring Barry back and destroy his new bike instead! and Barry joins the group instead of new girl! so Dawn stays! and Brock goes to hell I mean Johto! and new boy arrives!
    Ash, Dawn, Barry and new games boy
    I'd pay to see this group
    ...too bad we'll probably get Ash, Brock, new Coordinator girl

Blog Entries

They didn't give Ash a dragon pokemon that evolves into a powerhouse for it to *not* evolve.

Gible is very similar to Snorunt, as in a very late capture only around for the last Gym. Snorunt was also "comic relief," and when it evolved it became some serious badass floating demonic head.

Ursula's Gabite shows that regular trainers have dragon Pokemon all the time, so its not like Ash's Gabite will make people view him as some "special" trainer or anything. The only people who think that way are Garchomp fanboys.

Blog Entries

Ursula's Gabite shows that regular trainers have dragon Pokemon all the time, so its not like Ash's Gabite will make people view him as some "special" trainer or anything. The only people who think that way are Garchomp fanboys.
    Durr. We see many pseudo-legendaries like Salamence and Tyranitar in background. We also saw a Garchomp in Summer School arc, temporarily used by a trainer. We saw a kid with Tyranitar in Twinleaf festival and there is that guy with Rhyperior in Piplup episode.

Also there is a lot of other dragon types we can mention, Khoury's Gible, Provo's Dragonite, Michelle's Shelgon, Butler's Salamence, for pseudos we saw many Metagross(one with a Psychic in Hearthome Tag Battle tournament, other ones that I don't even want to count...), Rico's Tyranitar....

Durrr....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Blog Entries

They didn't give Ash a dragon pokemon that evolves into a powerhouse for it to *not* evolve.
    Just like they didn't give him starters that can evolve twice, but stayed in their base forms...

Gible is very similar to Snorunt, as in a very late capture only around for the last Gym. Snorunt was also "comic relief," and when it evolved it became some serious badass floating demonic head.
    They could go the Snorunt route or not...

My point was that to me it should be either Gible stays the same ass-kicking super funny pokemon he already is (which is what I want) or Gible evolves all the way to Garchomp... but just leaving it in Gabite stage would be a bit boring.

That being said, I really hate Garchomp's design... it looks funny-nellie, so I hope Ash gets to keep his Gible (then I wouldn't have to change my nickname)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    Just like they didn't give him starters that can evolve twice, but stayed in their base forms...
    What point is this trying to prove? In Kanto it was the start of the show and the writing in Johto in terms of his team was terrible. You honestly believe if the writers could go back in time, that they wouldn't handle his Johto team completely differently with the same knowledge they have now? You can tell they regret how is Johto team was handled.

They could go the Snorunt route or not...
    Gible has done practically nothing battle-wise this whole time, and will have a small role at best at Sunyshore. I can't see any reason for Gible to stay for the 5th gen region, so they better evolve it quick and make use of it in the league.

Also, sometimes comic relief Pokemon do lose that status and just become battle machines. The region is ending, just let it make some use.

Blog Entries

What point is this trying to prove?
    That the writers don't "have" to make Gible evolve to Garchomp just because it has a powerful evolution

Gible has done practically nothing battle-wise this whole time
    He's put up a great fight against Barry's Empoleon... Come on Scott, he's only been on the show 13 episodes, if you compare to Gligar who in his first 13 episode had half a battle with Buneary...

will have a small role at best at Sunyshore
    We don't know that yet. He's been heavily used since his capture and since the GF is before the 8th gym, he has more than enough

I can't see any reason for Gible to stay for the 5th gen region
    Why would they need a reason, if they want to bring it (they probably won't) they will

so they better evolve it quick and make use of it in the league.
    Evolve it for what exactly, what reason would he have to evolve ? Learn a new move ? It already knows the most powerful dragon move he can learn. He's already been shown to be able to go toe-to-toe with a fully evolved starter...

Also, sometimes comic relief Pokemon do lose that status and just become battle machines. The region is ending, just let it make some use.
    They can be both, Gible could keep his comic relief status and become fairly powerful... doesn't mean he automatically has to evolve to do it.

I don't mind if it evolves or not, I just don't inderstand your point that it has to evolve

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gible View Post
    He's put up a great fight against Barry's Empoleon... Come on Scott, he's only been on the show 13 episodes, if you compare to Gligar who in his first 13 episode had half a battle with Buneary...
    Meowth defeated Barry's Empoleon. Seriously, Barry's Empoleon is like the weakest fully evolved starter Pokemon we've ever seen on the show.

We don't know that yet. He's been heavily used since his capture and since the GF is before the 8th gym, he has more than enough
    Most likely Infernape, Torterra and Pikachu will be the big guns at Sunyshore, if Gible is used at all it probably won't do much.

Evolve it for what exactly, what reason would he have to evolve ? Learn a new move ? It already knows the most powerful dragon move he can learn. He's already been shown to be able to go toe-to-toe with a fully evolved starter...
    Again, why give Ash his first dragon pokemon, a Pokemon that evolves into one of the most devastating Pokemon in the games, a Pokemon owned by the champion of the region (Cynthia), at the tail-end of a saga? It honestly seems like its done to give Ash one late power boost for the league, assuming he is to win this time, what better way than to give him a powerful dragon type?

if Gible is used at all it probably won't do much.
    Unless Gible evolves before Ash battles Volkner. Then, it might see some action.

Blog Entries

Most likely Infernape, Torterra and Pikachu will be the big guns at Sunyshore, if Gible is used at all it probably won't do much.
    That's your opinion. I could see Infernape not even being used in that battle.

Again, why give Ash his first dragon pokemon, a Pokemon that evolves into one of the most devastating Pokemon in the games, a Pokemon owned by the champion of the region (Cynthia), at the tail-end of a saga? It honestly seems like its done to give Ash one late power boost for the league, assuming he is to win this time, what better way than to give him a powerful dragon type?
    You said it yourself "Assuming he is to win this time" key word here, assuming, cause that's all you're doing.

"a pokemon that evolves into one of the most devastating pokemon in the game" & "a pokemon owned by the champion of the region" are actually two reasons I see not to evolve Gible., at least not in Sinnoh

Blog Entries

Meowth defeated Barry's Empoleon. Seriously, Barry's Empoleon is like the weakest fully evolved starter Pokemon we've ever seen on the show.
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't an indication Meowth beating Empoleon. I think Empoleon just did a anime fall like sometimes they do when another character makes a remark.

Meowth said something like "Taste my Night Slash attack", and after hitting Empoleon, Meowth then said "Well actually I'm still in the process of learning it." In what universe would that not receive an anime fall? Which is what Empoleon did.

Scott, you're seriously overexaggerating with Johto, it wasn't nearly as bad as you make it seem... also, I'm sure the writers regret no less how they handled the Kanto starters (especially Bulbasaur and Squirtle... thanks Arceus we got Bayleef and Toto after them)

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    also, I'm sure the writers regret no less how they handled the Kanto starters (especially Bulbasaur and Squirtle... thanks Arceus we got Bayleef and Toto after them)
    How was Bulba/SQ handled worse than Toto and Bayleef? Bulba/SQ and Bayleef were on the same level of character development imo, but Toto was just shafted. It had probably the most weak moveset of any Pokemon belonging to a main character ever, and that's not exaggerating it. And then to further insult it, they made it randomly dance because they couldn't bother giving it a proper personality.

Blog Entries

Bayleef was handled decently, just wish it got more than 1 Gym win.