Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    Nobody is beating Ash at this league.
    Hi my name is Tyson.

Hi my name is Richie.

Hi my name is Harrison.

Came from absolutely fucking nowhere and one the damn thing. Is it likely to happen this time? Probably not with all the rivals in the League now. But don't rule the exact same thing happening as a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is DP. There's 4 rivals in the opening, there won't be a 5th.

Ash Vs. Paul will be the finals with Ash winning, then he'll go on to the E4 and lose to Cynthia.

Blog Entries

This is DP. There's 4 rivals in the opening, there won't be a 5th.

Ash Vs. Paul will be the finals with Ash winning, then he'll go on to the E4 and lose to Cynthia.
    We have no confirmation of that. Only some vague hints that go anywhere.

Also we already have five rivals, in another competititon, Shinou Grand Festival. And:
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckgon Z View Post
    Hi my name is Tyson.

Hi my name is Richie.

Hi my name is Harrison.

Came from absolutely fucking nowhere and one the damn thing. Is it likely to happen this time? Probably not with all the rivals in the League now. But don't rule the exact same thing happening as a possibility.
    Also, if Satoshi reaches to the level of battling Shirona, how can he top that? If he wins against this series E4, then that means he has to beat Champion in next gen. Sure, it doesn't mean his adventure will end, but what accomplishments he can do in next regions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Blog Entries

Ash went from winning the Battle Frontier to losing to normal Gym leaders in Sinnoh again.

The writers have no problem resetting Pikachu's power, and Ash would have an all-new 5th gen team with no older Pokemon again, hence him having to work with new weaker Pokemon again.

its really the only way this makes sense, as Ash Oak's his strong Pokemon and starts over with new captures.

Blog Entries

Ash went from winning the Battle Frontier to losing to normal Gym leaders in Sinnoh again.
    Correct. Except save for Jindai FB are just a bit stronger than Gym Leaders.
    The writers have no problem resetting Pikachu's power, and Ash would have an all-new 5th gen team with no older Pokemon again, hence him having to work with new weaker Pokemon again.
    Or boosting his other Pokémon's power. Correct again.
    its really the only way this makes sense, as Ash Oak's his strong Pokemon and starts over with new captures.
    Or releases them for that matter. Correct again.

But what I was saying, what can he do after beating 34334232 champions? Yeah, I know Spurt's line "I still still still still have potential!" but it still feels a bit early for an E4 arc y'know.
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Blog Entries

We're very late into the shows history now. We're now 13 years into Pokemon, the show has almost 650 total episodes, and Ash has been through 6 different journies/regions.

If we were back in Johto or Hoenn, yes I'd agree its too early to see Ash doing something like challenging the E4.

But now? Honestly, how much longer should it take? Its not like his teams can change much from here on out, most of his Pokemon fully evolve anyway sans a few who don't, but remain powerful like Buizel and Corphish.

Blog Entries

Well, as I said before he was in Top 8 last saga. That's why it feels a bit early. From Top 8 to beating crap out of Elite Four who are literally gods in animé, is kinda illogical.

New kids won't notice the difference.

Time flows differently in animé than it flows in our world. In animé-wise, Satoshi may have journeyed 6 journeys, however, he still haven't aged.

And as you said, even if he wins against E4, will that, in the end, matter? His brain will go bak a lot of years. His accomplishment will be forgotten unless it becomes a plot point(like Reiji and Shinji losing against Jindai but Satoshi winning against him). So, in the end, it won't make much difference. It's up to writers, storyboarders and animators' decision. We will just wait and see...

Blog Entries

Well after all the Sinnoh E4 are debuted, I hope it wasn't for nothing.

And Ash coming in Top 8 again was offset by winning the Battle Frontier regardless. Ash was much improved as a trainer there than he was in Johto, and in DP he's stronger than he was in AG.

Ash gets better every saga. And stronger.

Blog Entries

It wasn't for nothing. They gave us fun episodes and promoted Pokémon Diamond Version, Pokémon Pearl Version and Pokémon Platinum Version. It was also made clear how E4 in animé works, which was a question in a good amount of fans' heads.

Yes, bit by bit he gets better. Our little hero is growing into a great trainer, however, he still doesn't seem to be on level to pwn Four Heavenly Kings. But we will see what ShoPro wants to do eventually. Maybe, none of us becomes right.

Blog Entries

I just really want to see an Ash Vs. Cynthia match to end DP with. Hopefully the capture of Gible is foreshadowing for that.

I just really want to see an Ash Vs. Cynthia match to end DP with. Hopefully the capture of Gible is foreshadowing for that.
    If they really want, they can do it without a whole E4 challenge... I won't be surprised if they don't have enough time for E4 and instead Ash gets top 4 and gets an unofficial full battle with Cynthia and she totally destroy him and tell him about the next region so he decides to go there

Blog Entries

Shirona accepted Shinji's challenge, there's a chance that her and Satoshi can have a match.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    If they really want, they can do it without a whole E4 challenge... I won't be surprised if they don't have enough time for E4 and instead Ash gets top 4 and gets an unofficial full battle with Cynthia and she totally destroy him and tell him about the next region so he decides to go there
    That is correct as well. They really don't need to give us an E4 arc, they can just do a Shirona battle. In animé, Elite Four and Champion are not stickied with glue to each other right?

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Shirona accepted Shinji's challenge, there's a chance that her and Satoshi can have a match.
    And this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    There's Brandon too, who accepted Paul's challenge despite how Paul doesn't even have 1 symbol (at least as far as we know) while you need 6 to challenge Brandon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    There's Brandon too, who accepted Paul's challenge despite how Paul doesn't even have 1 symbol (at least as far as we know) while you need 6 to challenge Brandon
    Exactly. Satoshi doesn't need to challenge the E4 to have a match with Shirona. (Plus IMO, an E4 arc would be unbelievable)

I think that she will accept a challenge from Satoshi merely on seeing what a good job he has done with Goukazaru.