Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 53

Page 53 of 375 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Like Tree677Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Buizel strikes me as similar to Squirtle in some ways. Squirtle never said that it didnt want to evolve but it is very competitive, especially around its evolved form Wartortle. Buizel seems this way as well, i dont see it evolving.

Ash already has a evolved water type, Kingler and the writers need to focus on it. I do think though that Tododile has a good chance at evolving, probably once.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Just because Ash has an evolved water type doesn't mean will never get another.

Team Black

Team White

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kingler hasn't been used in battle since the Whirl Cup in Johto. It's kinda sad that its been neglected for like 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    Kingler hasn't been used in battle since the Whirl Cup in Johto. It's kinda sad that its been neglected for like 8 years.
    Blame it on Corphish. Once Ash captured it, we could've seen it coming that Kingler wouldn't go past "cameo status" anymore.

I think Buizel will stay as it is. Totodile I could actually see evolving to Feraligatr. Perhaps it already evolved into Croconaw at Oak's. Of course, if the new opening is anything to go by ...

Blog Entries

Which really doesn't make sense, as Corphish and Kingler are still different enough.

different roles within the team, but both are still crustacean-based. It's not that I don't agree with you. Just pointing out the similarities.

I couldnt stand Corpish, i dont see any reason why Kingler should be ignored because of it. Corpish already got more focus then all of ash's other water types, bring back Kingler.

Blog Entries

Corphish was basically the writers apology for the failed attempt at comic relief that Totodile was supposed to be.

I do miss Kingler though and I hope it gets used in the future.

Blog Entries

Corphish was basically the writers apology for the failed attempt at comic relief that Totodile was supposed to be.
    Does anybody here thinks Scott has some sort of issue with Johto ? Cause I can't tell. Really I'm lost in a sea of confusion as to Scott's opinion on Johto. I think he likes it, but I just can't tell. He's so subtle in his feelings towards Johto ;)

Come on, Totodile had its funny moments (that episode that Brock tries to teach him how to seduce an azumarill was hilarious for example) and it's not like he was the most annoying member of Ash's Johto team... Corphish was funny too... They were both funny...

Plus, if he had been doing such a bad job as a comic relief, they would have dumped him mid-series, like with a water pokemon master, who would help him to master swimming and become more powerful...

I do miss Kingler though and I hope it gets used in the future
    I liked Kingler and I wish the writers would bring him back for a cameo... I sorta agree with hhhhmdt, that Corphish received focus last time, the writers could have brought back Kingler for the sinnoh League instead of Corphish... That being said, I'm dying to see the meeting between Corphish and Gible. I have a feeling this will be epic...

Blog Entries

That's what I said not to take the Pokemon in the DP opening too seriously, I think we'll see more of Ash's old Pokemon used than what's there.

If Kingler really does get ignore AGAIN though, its safe to say then its been abandoned by the writers outside of 5 second cameos at Oaks and won't ever be used again.

Blog Entries

That's what I said not to take the Pokemon in the DP opening too seriously, I think we'll see more of Ash's old Pokemon used than what's there.
    If they brought back more pokemon then they showed in the openning during the league itself, the Sinnoh pokemon would just be totally overshadowed... I already think the writers are bringing too many pokemon. I would have left out Corphish, Torkoal, Snorlax, Glalie, Tauros and Donphan as they got huge focus in the Battle frontier, only bringing back the Johto Starters, Noctowl, Muk and Kingler (Basically, anybody who wasn't used during the BF) to fight in the league. If there's an E4 saga afterwards, then Ash should bring all of his pokemon.

If Kingler really does get ignore AGAIN though, its safe to say then its been abandoned by the writers outside of 5 second cameos at Oaks and won't ever be used again
    Didn't it serve in the transport of Prof Oak's tea platter ? We can't let Oak not have tea, now could we ?

Cropish got plenty of focus, it was used in atleast 3 gyms in hoenn from memory. It was used in the hoenn league four times, once in a double battle and then against Katie, Morrison and Tyson. It starred in the match against morrison since it knocked out three of his pokemon.

It was used in two battle frontier battles, twice againt anabel and once against tucker if i remember correctly. That's more then any of ash's water types, now its time for Buizel to get his focus, then Kingler, then Tododile, then Squirtle and lastly Corpish.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Just because Kingler has been neglected for 8 years doesn't mean he won't come back ever again, it's the writer's choice

Team Black

Team White

no i agree that there is a chance that it returns to battle with ash, i was just pointing out that (i believe) it shouldnt be neglected just because Corpish is a crab based pokemon too. Ofcourse its up to the writers and hopefully they will make the best choice( which is for Kingler to battle again of course)

Blog Entries

I think the reason Corphish is used so much is because Hoenn had a "trio" just like Kanto did.

Whereas Kanto was Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charizard, Hoenn was Sceptile/Swellow/Corphish, and they were as long lasting as the Kanto team was.

You'd be surprised when you realize Sceptile/Swellow/Corphish were on Ash's roster for one of the longest periods, nearly 170 something episodes.