Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 45

Page 45 of 375 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Registered User The One and Only....'s Avatar

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by peno View Post
    To tell you truth, I am not very happy about Dawn getting Togekiss. Not because of Misty, I couldn't care less what this means for her future or past or anything. But I consider this as a slap in the face of Ambipom. Seriously, if Dawn is allowed to have 6 Pokémon and 2 of them fully evolved, why ditch Ambipom out and switch it with Togekiss? This is something I will never forgive writers.

I must wonder why so many people here are surprised by Buizel not evolving. I think it was inevitable since that Pastoria Gym episode, when it show some loath towards Floatzel. Unless there will be some DP remake ten years in the future, I am not expecting Floatzel in Ash's team. I still think Buizel will be replaced with Totodile for whatever will come after Sinnoh League. Hopefully, Totodile will evolve at least once.
    Also, Gible not evolving is no surprise for me. IF it will evolve at all, it will evolve after league. That much was already given. Also, I am not expecting it to evolve fully, it will either stay Gible forever or will only evolve into Gabite.
    I am really surprised with both Torterra and Infernape. After Gliscor's release, I was sure Grotle will not evolve, simply because Paul has one. Now, if writers are OK with both Ash and Paul having Torterra, why they feel to ditch Gliscor out? That's simply not right. But on the other hand, it may even more confirm my theory about no Ash vs. Paul battle in Sinnoh league.
    As for Infernape, I was really expecting it to go Sceptile's track, stay here for post-league saga and evolve in it. Obviously, I was wrong again. I must wonder though, what this means for Ash's team for whatever saga will be there after Sinnoh League. I am sure writers will not allow Ash to keep fully evolved Pokémon for that saga. Torterra will most likely be switched for Bayleef, but what will Infernape be replaced with? Cyndaquil seems unlikely, even if Dawn will not keep her's for that saga. So either we'll see return of Torkoal or Infernape will simply make that free room in Ash's team for swithing between his older captures. And I think the latter is more likely.
    ash isnt going to use his older pokemon in this league dude get over it...the only reason he did it in johto was because he kind of had to get rid of all his pokemon because he never even expected to travel to johto so i'm willing to bet a lot of money that we will only see one return and thats gliscor

hi i like pokemon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clod View Post
    I don't see why its poor battle record really matters. It still had a lot of development with Ash and was part of the team and the rivalry with Paul. Its poor battle record wasn't bad writing because it was acknowledged to be weak even by Ash(didn't he outright say it wasn't ready for gym battles, as well as him choosing other pokemon over it often).
    Its release was poorly handled in my opinion, but that can be redeemed if it comes back. I wouldn't care if it comes back only to completely fail in whatever battles it participates in, it still deserves it.

See, the thing is Gliscor, and ambipom for that matter, were only on the show in the first place to showcase Gen IV evolution of gen II pokemon... I don't mind if a pokemon is weak, because then Ash can train it and show said pokemon that he trusts him and after that the pokemon PROGRESSES (key word here)... The thing about Gliscor is it started weak, there was a lot of focus on it, ash trained it and it stayed weak... (hence no progress, therfore bad writing)

so enters the air pokemon master who says "Not bad, but I can make him into a real champion" because he can give him special training... and Gliscor CHOSE to stay with him even though it reaaly liked Ash giving us a great episode (Good writing) cause it showed character developpement for both Ash and gliscor

It never really had any part in the rivalry vs. Paul either (for that matter, neither did buizel)... I mean Chimchar and pikachu are definitely in, Staraptor has a rivalry against honchcrow, grotle sorta had a friendly rivalry with Torterra and a real rivalry with honchcrow... So even if Gliscor would come back for the league battle vs. Paul, the writers have so many other rivalries to close up before getting to Gliscor...

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon View Post
    thing about Gliscor is it started weak, there was a lot of focus on it, ash trained it and it stayed weak... (hence no progress, therfore bad writing)
    It had a lot of progress. Remember when it couldn't at all control it's gliding, and had trouble walking on ground? It went from that to handling flying pretty well.

It never really had any part in the rivalry vs. Paul either (for that matter, neither did buizel)... I mean Chimchar and pikachu are definitely in, Staraptor has a rivalry against honchcrow, grotle sorta had a friendly rivalry with Torterra and a real rivalry with honchcrow... So even if Gliscor would come back for the league battle vs. Paul, the writers have so many other rivalries to close up before getting to Gliscor...
    Yes it did. Paul catching the leader Gliscor, as well as him talking down to it. Unfortunately they kind of abandoned Paul's Gliscor as well, but then they gave it a rivalry with his Torterra. It was just as much of the rivalry as Pikachu and Staraptor are.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am almost confident we'll see Gliscor return for the league. The continuity is better in DP, look at Conway and Nando confirmed for the league, you really think Gliscor is going to be forgotten?

I seriously doubt it.

Blog Entries

Just wait and see your hopes being ruined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellwarden View Post
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Blog Entries

We're far more likely to see Gliscor return than Ambipom at any rate.

Blog Entries

Well, that's true. Gliscor has more chance, but I doubt it.
    So....everyone is happy that a "Deux Ex Machina" is being taken down with another Deux Ex Machina....
    You know, it would be hilarious if Harley did get a sex change and became Langley.
    Youtube account, DA account, SerebiiForums account, Tinypic account, Imageshack account, Photobucket account,Smogon account, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Blog Entries

Why? The continuity in DP is actually quite good, the writers constantly bring up things that happened in earlier Sinnoh episodes and many Kanto/Johto/AG episodes and characters have been referenced.

Nobody really expected Charizard and Squirtle to return until they did. We originally thought they were released like Pidgeot until they came back. Gliscor is an almost repeat scenario of that.

Blog Entries

And Gible hasn't even seen or battled Paul at all. At least Gliscor makes more sense.

And I'm getting sick of this Gliscor insulting, it's really pissing me off.

The fact is the only reason for its faults are the writers.

Not only does it get very few battles, they release it to cover their own idiocy for not treating Gliscor right.

And I don't get this nonsense that Gliscor's win against Bastiodon was B.S. Remember Barry's Empoleon beat it and Pikachu beat Empoleon twice, and this was at a time when Barry for some reason couldn't beat Fantina despite beating Byron. Trust me, Bastiodon is not as powerful as anyone seems to think. What the only Pokemon it beat was Chimchar, and why was that because Chimchar took damage prior to it's battle by two Pokemon and even then it still got a flamethrower in? NOT impressive.

Gliscor is gone, we have to deal with it and just let it be. Pissing on it for it's faults is getting really annoying. If it comes back and does well then so be it, if not, oh well the writers are just trying to cover their mess again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    If it comes back and does well then so be it, if not, oh well the writers are just trying to cover their mess again.
    Thank God this is a children anime, if it wasn't writers would be dead right now.

Blog Entries

I think our standards are higher now since the show has gone on for 12 years.

Blog Entries

Still, they can get with any mess, those lucky bastards!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    And Gible hasn't even seen or battled Paul at all. At least Gliscor makes more sense.

And I'm getting sick of this Gliscor insulting, it's really pissing me off..
    And I'm really sick of people acting like Gliscor is the second coming of Jesus...

The fact is the only reason for its faults are the writers.
    That's true but then again, everything is the writers fault cause they're the ones that wrote the show... The things you liked about Gliscor are also those awful awful writers' fault. Let's face it, you liked the pokemon for its personnality but if you take that away and you objectively compare it to Ash's other pokemon, it's just plain weak and fairly useless...

Not only does it get very few battles, they release it to cover their own idiocy for not treating Gliscor right.
    They had it released, cause his character storyline was stagnant, its sole purpose of showcasing gen IV evo of gen II pokemon was complete and because of the lenght of Sinnoh, they needed to shake things up

And I don't get this nonsense that Gliscor's win against Bastiodon was B.S. Remember Barry's Empoleon beat it and Pikachu beat Empoleon twice, and this was at a time when Barry for some reason couldn't beat Fantina despite beating Byron. Trust me, Bastiodon is not as powerful as anyone seems to think. What the only Pokemon it beat was Chimchar, and why was that because Chimchar took damage prior to it's battle by two Pokemon and even then it still got a flamethrower in? NOT impressive.
    Empoleon's a water type who knows hydrocanon so it's super effective against Bastiodon, but it's still weak against an electric type like pikachu... Plus, Bastiodon has a strong defense so physical move like fire fang wouldn't do as much damage as special moves like hydrocanon. And it's not only because this win is somewhat B.S., it's cause it is his only win... as in ONE IN 100 EPISODES.

Gliscor is gone, we have to deal with it and just let it be. Pissing on it for it's faults is getting really annoying.
    What's really annoying is hearing people rave about what a great battler it was and how amazing he was, when he was one of Ash's pokemon that accomplished the least...

If it comes back and does well then so be it, if not, oh well the writers are just trying to cover their mess again
    I have nothing against Gliscor coming back to fight Paul, but the only rivalry it had with Paul's pokemon was against Paul's gliscor that we haven't seen for ages (wasn't used in their 6-6 match) and who will probably not be used in their league match... so then bringing back Gliscor wouldn't really serve any purpose... And alas, we agree that Gliscor was a mess, one giant mess of a pokemon.

And I'm really sick of people acting like Gliscor is the second coming of Jesus...

Gliscor died for our sins.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post

Gliscor died for our sins.
    I wish I was awesome as you were, but being a total failure is what makes me myself.