Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 375 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Registered User Shadowhunter501's Avatar

I could totally see Paul catching a powerful water type like a Gyarados. He is lacking a water type so he should get one if the writers decide to give him one.

No one ever messes with my Pokemon!

Korobooshi Kojiro:
    Well, All About Pokemon Figures shows that there will be a Monferno figure coming out January 17th (the other figure posted back awhile go belonged to a Platinum set, so it was seemingly about the game) but this figure is the same type of figure as the Grotle one.

These aren't always set in stone, but in the past they've matched up with evolutions.

There's also a Toxicroak and Phione one coming out around that time too (although I really really don't think Croagunk will evolve now)
    After these figuers were right a number of times and most recently with Grotle - I take them as almost confirmed
    So Chimchar is likely to evolve until January and we also have hints for Swinub
    I think they'll both evolve in December and probably in a one hour special just like they aired the Starly+Bonsly episodes together in December 2006

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it was fairly obvious Monferno was happening soon. Lots of people want Infernape so it might evolve later on just like Grovyle did to Sceptile.

I'm still pulling for a Buizel evolution, its personality is kind of like Charizard/Sceptile's so hopefully Buizel evo's too.

I'm expecting a Buizel evo somewhere in the first quarter of 2009. It's blatantly obvious that Buizel is going to evolve since he's this saga's badass (Sceptile, Charizard). Also, the eppy title of his premier ep adds a little hint to it as well (Buizel! The Road to Strength!)

Remember, Buizel has only one evolution, so the writers usually hold those back until all 3-stage-pokemon have evolved at least once. Exception for Piplup of course. And by first quarter 2009, we should have Grotle/Monferno and possibly Piloswine on the team.

Blog Entries

Hopefully, and Staraptor is a given as well since Ash's birds always reach their final form.

I think Grotle will stay in its second stage though, so all of Ash's Pokes this saga will have evolved at least once.

Aside from Kingler, Buizel is the only water type Ash might evolve. Squirtle didn't because of the Squirtle Squad and Corphish had the debateable dark type evo with Crawdaunt, but there is nothing holding Buizel back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    Hopefully, and Staraptor is a given as well since Ash's birds always reach their final form.
    Agreed. Also, an evolution at episode 14 just screams that it will reach its final stage.
    I think Grotle will stay in its second stage though, so all of Ash's Pokes this saga will have evolved at least once.
    I really don't know about this one. It could stay in its middle form forever, since Paul got his Torterra. Or the writers could just randomly evolve it, it's a little unpredictable.
    Aside from Kingler, Buizel is the only water type Ash might evolve. Squirtle didn't because of the Squirtle Squad and Corphish had the debateable dark type evo with Crawdaunt, but there is nothing holding Buizel back.
    Yeah, this adds to it as well. Dark type evolution, Squirtle Squad (or belonging to a group of some kind), Johto syndrome... Buizel has nothing of this in its way.

Buizel's evolution is one of the worst designed Pokemon I've ever seen I really hope it doesn't evolve

DVD

ASH

I dont think Ash will get a Staraptor, remember what happend last time one of his flying pokemon got so big they could fly him around? Oh that poor poor Pigot he's probally still waiting for him.

Buizel might evolve but he is already kickass so mabey not for quite a wile If hes gonna evolve its probally going to be late in D/P or in a follow up series like another Battle Fronteir.

Turtwig HAS TO EVOLVE probally wont get past Grotle because Paul already has a Torterra.

Chimchar will hopefully get to Infernape but probally in battles with paul for that whole Chimchar vs Paul dynamic.

BROCK

Brocks party is fine as it is but if Happiny evolves it will probally be given to a Nurse Joy that is lacking Chanseys

DAWN

Piplup is not going to evolve for a long time if ever

Buneary might but there goes the love pikachu thing out the window

Swinub oh Swinub I have a felling it will evolve into Mamoswine but that would make a not very "Dawn" pokemon as all of hers arnt verry big or menising

JAMES

His lineup needs another pokemon, the sad part is it could be anything from magikarp to agron to Tangela or Tangrowth

JESSIE

Is toally fine as of now you have to admit Yanmega is Bad Ass
    Last edited by DVD; 21st October 2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Wrong Numbers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I dont think Ash will get a Staraptor, remember what happend last time one of his flying pokemon got so big they could fly him around? Oh that poor poor Pigot he's probally still waiting for him.
    Staraptor isn't that big, is it? Even so, Ash doesn't release Pokemon anymore so that point is moot. The writers aren't going to repeat the same mistake they made 10 years ago.

He probally will get a 6th pokemon he always has 6 in every region but who knows what it will be
    His 6th Pokemon is Gligar/Gliscor, which he's had for a few months now.

DVD

huh must have miscounted sorry thanks for pointing that out

And who knows he might release it again or just Oak it
    Last edited by DVD; 21st October 2008 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post

i am praying that staravia stays exactly like it is just so that this pattern will finally be debunked like most of the others have.

absurdity complete plasticporygon's Avatar

What I think:

Ash

Pikachu: It's a given, bleh.
    Staraptor: Emohawk would be the only bird of his to evolve twice.
    Grotle: Confirmed, I don't see a Torterra(they're going for an Infernape vs Empoleon vs Torterra thing in the League).
    Infernape: See above. Plus it would be the one to eat Paul's Torterra.
    Floatzel: It's getting a lot of battles and screentime, and nothing holds it back.
    Gliscor: It's staying, sorry to the Auraholics.

No Sacrifice, No Victory Rosakai's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by plasticporygon View Post
    Gliscor: It's staying, sorry to the Auraholics.
    Finally. Someone needed to say that. I don't get the big deal with people saying Ash MUST catch Riolu/Lucario anyways. He doesn't need it. If the "Riolu Egg" plot is put into the anime, the only one I can see getting the egg would be Dawn, as every other girl main character had a Pokemon that hatched from an egg, and Dawn hasn't yet.

You may lose your faith in us, but never in yourselves. From here, the fight will be your own.

Lucario for Ash would mean a major change of pace for ash, with all the mind stuff.
    It would trow of everything for own awesome thing.
    I see him getting Riolu at some point, but not soon.

However...
    Lucario HAS fanbase.

Why are people insisting Staraptor is emo? Today, emo means little more than 'sad' or 'cranky and in a bad mood' I guess every pokemo that's frowning in it's sprite is emo as well. "Smile or you're emo dammit!"

The next evo will be Nando's Roselia.
    Gliscor Cries! Staravia Flies! Lucario Dies! Meowth Lies! Pikachu Fries! Croagunk Sighs! Happiny Complies! Piplup Tries! Buneary shies! Wobbuffet surprise!

My eventual Platnum team; it can't come out soon enough!

Page 4 of 375 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast