Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 350

Page 350 of 375 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 5614
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    If Iris hands over her Dragonite to Clair I'm gonna be pissed. Even though Druddigon is a cool Pokémon Dragonite exceeds anyone. I really, really don't want Dragonite to leave. >:
    I doubt so. How in the earth will Iris defend a GYM, then? Using an Axew?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Metan View Post
    If Iris hands over her Dragonite to Clair I'm gonna be pissed. Even though Druddigon is a cool Pokémon Dragonite exceeds anyone. I really, really don't want Dragonite to leave. >:
    Since when was it confirmed that Iris would take on the position of being a gym leader? She was offered to become, but she was rather hesitant, wasn't she? For all we know she could just go with Clair after BW's over.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Since when was it confirmed that Iris would take on the position of being a gym leader? She was offered to become, but she was rather hesitant, wasn't she? For all we know she could just go with Clair after BW's over.
    She was invited to train to be a gym leader, and since her goal is to be a Dragon Master, I don't see any reason to refuse that. Although she could very well train with Clair, that would be insulting to accept training from her, rather than from her village, imo.

Blog Entries

She was invited to train to be a gym leader, and since her goal is to be a Dragon Master, I don't see any reason to refuse that. Although she could very well train with Clair, that would be insulting to accept training from her, rather than from her village, imo.
    As you said, her goal is to become a Dragon Master, not specifically a gym leader. If Iris actually had reacted in an optimistic way once she heard the offer, I might would've though different, but since she was both very surprised and hesitant I cant't see it happening, at least not after BW has ended. I doubt the writers would take back Clair this late in the series without having a very good reason for it. I doubt she'll gain especially much from training in her village as that is the place she's almost spent her entire life at, by following Clair she'll get the chance to see other Dragon-types than those in the village.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really do hope the writers don't make Iris catch a Shiny Druddigon. It was bad enough that Iris managed to obtain a Dragonite that completely overshadowed her "main" pokemon Axew. And especially during a point this late in the series, when Iris may be leaving the main cast in a few months, what good would obtaining another Dragon-type contribute to the storyline?

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    I really do hope the writers don't make Iris catch a Shiny Druddigon. It was bad enough that Iris managed to obtain a Dragonite that completely overshadowed her "main" pokemon Axew. And especially during a point this late in the series, when Iris may be leaving the main cast in a few months, what good would obtaining another Dragon-type contribute to the storyline?
    What would Ash's Pignite or Palpitoad evolving contribute to the story line? What did Combusken's late evolution contribute? Nothing, some people just want her to catch the Druddigon because it's a Dragon, Shiny, and not an evolved Pokemon. It doesn't really matter to me if it contributes a heavy amount, I just want her to catch the sparkly Lego Dragon-type since it's one of my favorite Pokemon.

Though it's probably Clair's Pokemon. If Iris hands over Dragonite to Clair, I'm not sure what to make of that. The writers could easily do something like that if Clair's Dragonite is a girl.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 23rd March 2013 at 02:58 PM.

As you said, her goal is to become a Dragon Master, not specifically a gym leader.
    To be a gym leader is one step ahead to become a Dragon Master.

If Iris actually had reacted in an optimistic way once she heard the offer, I might would've though different, but since she was both very surprised and hesitant I cant't see it happening, at least not after BW has ended.
    I don't remember exactly the scene, so I can't say whether it was really hesitant or just caught off guard. I would as well be kind of surprised if such role was offered to me out of nowhere.

I doubt the writers would take back Clair this late in the series without having a very good reason for it. I doubt she'll gain especially much from training in her village as that is the place she's almost spent her entire life at, by following Clair she'll get the chance to see other Dragon-types than those in the village.
    Meh, that may be right. She could train there just so she could accept the role of Gym Leader afterwards.

As for Dragonite, if Iris' departure actually turns out to train with Clair, then there's no sense to say goodbye to the dragon.

Blog Entries

In what way, exactly? You'll get to battle more, but at the same time you'll be stuck to the gym.

I don't remember exactly the scene, so I can't say whether it was really hesitant or just caught off guard. I would as well be kind of surprised if such role was offered to me out of nowhere.
    She didn't seem especially postive about it at all, not even when Dento and Ash were glad for her sake.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Within DA, I hope we get some the following:

Captures: Ash's Sableye (shown in the Genesect movie, it can be an Aipom v2.0 if it gets a Gen 6 evo)
    Evolutions: Cilan's Pansage (they should do this at some point of BW, if there is a chance, it will happen at the very end...)
    To Oak: The Whole Unova Team, at the very end.
    To Charicific Valley: Ash's Charizard (either after N or DA)

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    Captures: Ash's Sableye (shown in the Genesect movie, it can be an Aipom v2.0 if it gets a Gen 6 evo)
    Wasn't Sableye confirmed to be a movie-character only?

Blog Entries

Indeed it was. So that Sableye isn't Ash, it's playing a role similar to Buizel/Aipom/Bonsly/Munchlax in the AG movies.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    Indeed it was. So that Sableye isn't Ash, it's playing a role similar to Buizel/Aipom/Bonsly/Munchlax in the AG movies.
    That still means it gets some connection Gen 6, plus it gives us a chance that a Gen 6 character will get it (see Buizel).

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What would Ash's Pignite or Palpitoad evolving contribute to the story line?
    There is no confirmation of either of these two pokemon evolving, and we know for sure that Pignite will remain unevolved in the Genesect film.

What did Combusken's late evolution contribute? Nothing.
    May's Combusken evolving in the second to last AG episode did accomplish something. As a fully evolved pokemon, Blaziken was able to be a relatively equal match to Ash's Sceptile during that final contest. The evolutions of these pokemon that had been obtained within the first ten episodes of the AG series into their final forms were testaments to Ash and May's skills as trainers and coordinators, respectively. This fake contest and Combusken's evolution into its final form was one last hurrah before Ash and May went off their separate ways.

The Sceptile vs. Blaziken battle made an otherwise uninteresting departure from the main cast seem enjoyable in the end.

In what way, exactly? You'll get to battle more, but at the same time you'll be stuck to the gym.
    That's part of the way. As you get into more battles, you learn strategies to counter what would be critical against your preferred type and such. After that, you would need to take off the role, in order not to be centered only in battles, but also into the depths of a Pokémon and its types, of course.

I believe Ash will caugh a Sableye afterwards. I would like to see him with a Ghost type, and I'd be even happier if it get to evolve in 6th gen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    May's Combusken evolving in the second to last AG episode did accomplish something. As a fully evolved pokemon, Blaziken was able to be a relatively equal match to Ash's Sceptile during that final contest. The evolutions of these pokemon that had been obtained within the first ten episodes of the AG series into their final forms were testaments to Ash and May's skills as trainers and coordinators, respectively. This fake contest and Combusken's evolution into its final form was one last hurrah before Ash and May went off their separate ways.

The Sceptile vs. Blaziken battle made an otherwise uninteresting departure from the main cast seem enjoyable in the end.
    The point is, the evolution was just as unimportant since in the grand scheme of things May got it toward the end and the point I'm trying to make is, regardless of that, I wouldn't mind Iris catching that Druddigon. If Pignite and Palpitoad were to evolve, it would technically be pointless but I don't care. I'd just be happy to see two Pokemon I really like evolve or a Pokemon I like caught. Or a Pokemon I like(Combusken) finally reach its final form.