Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Corpish returns! nice

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andre27 View Post
    Corpish returns! nice
    That poster was released as a promotion for BW Season 2 back in May, and it basically featured the main characters' pokemon, the legendaries from the Meloetta arc, and pokemon that are in East Unova. Just because certain pokemon are featured in that poster does not mean that those species belonging to the main characters will come back.

What Adyniz mentioned was that almost every pokemon, including Corphish, had already appeared in BW Season 2. Specifically there was a wild Corphish in BW099 that was later caught by Riku. So no, there is no confirmation that Ash's Corphish will return in the anime now.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    In case people need a better reference, here's posters from Takarijima of the March merch that I posted earlier(mirors because the site will eventually delete them):
    The styluses
    The projector lights

Iris' Kairyu and..(assuming) Satoshi's Lizardon should meet, that would be surely interesting.

I'm just praying Kibago gets more battles, everything else on Iris' team is perfectly fine.

Dento doesn't necessarily need anything since his goal isn't directly tied specifically to a species of Pokemon. If he got something it would just be for fun or for the sake of, rather than really really needing something. Though I would like to see him with a Gallade or Abra.

Guys, I have hear something about the page for January from Pokemon Calendar is out. Can you tell me where I find that picture?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scizorhands View Post
    Guys, I have hear something about the page for January from Pokemon Calendar is out. Can you tell me where I find that picture?
    Here is the calender.

Keep in mind that this month will air the last few episodes of the Unova League in addition to the first few episodes of Episode N .

Most of the pokemon on this list have already been confirmed for appearances, but the remaining few on the list could be important too. Klinklang may or may not belong to Colress; the pokemon could also be used by one of the League opponents. As for Shinx, the writers probably won't show it during the Unova League, since they seem to feature pokemon that can be caught in Unova in the BW2 games. Shinx might be featured in Episode N, and may or may not be caught by a major character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scizorhands View Post
    Here is the calender.

Keep in mind that this month will air the last few episodes of the Unova League in addition to the first few episodes of Episode N .

Most of the pokemon on this list have already been confirmed for appearances, but the remaining few on the list could be important too. Klinklang may or may not belong to Colress; the pokemon could also be used by one of the League opponents. As for Shinx, the writers probably won't show it during the Unova League, since they seem to feature pokemon that can be caught in Unova in the BW2 games. Shinx might be featured in Episode N, and may or may not be caught by a major character.
    Thanks a ton, Ampharos King. I owe you one. And sorry because of the bother. Well, I guess it's easy to imagine the spoilers:

+ Pikachu: Well, obviously that's Ash's Pikachu.
    + Lucario: Possibly from Kotetsu, meaning a second and final part of Ash vs Kotetsu.
    + Eevee and Umbreon: Possibly from Virgil, meaning his battle against Ash.
    + Klinklang: Very possibly from N, since it's his most recurrent Pokemon in the games.
    + Amoongus and Frillish: Clearly the new Pokemon of Jessie and James. However, the male Frillish can be either a mistake or meaning it will appear another one besides the Jessie's one. Honestly, I thought Ash would capture a female one after what happened in the postponed episode of the Fishing Competition; because of the Frillish that took a liking on Ash.
    + Shinx: No idea. I would say either Cilan or Iris could capture it, but they already have an Electric type in their teams. Besides, I think more Electric types could steal Ash's Pikachu role in the team. I have thought that Ash could finally break his rule of "No Electric Types except Pikachu" and caught a Shinx. Very unlikely, but in almost every generation, Ash always catch a Pokemon from the previous generation. He caught a Beedril and a Seaking in Kanto, an Aipom in Hoenn's generation, and a Gliscor in Sinnoh. So, why not?

What do you think?

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Ash caught Seaking and Beedrill for competitions, and he gave up ownership of both of those Pokemon at the end of their respective episodes. And Ash caught Aipom and Gligar because they were getting evolutions for Gen IV.

Unless Shinx get a branched evolution (and I doubt it, since even though Luxray looks like a male lion, the species have gender differences), I doubt Ash would be the one to own it.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe they catch a pair of Frillish.

I don't think that Shinx will be caught, as both Stunfisk and Emolga are given the "Electric-type" tag more than their secondary type, so I don't believe that they would give them a second Electric-type. I think it belongs to a CoTD.

I think Klinklang is either N's or Colress'

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

One thing I hoped that Jessie and James caught were Frillish and Ferroseed respectively. That is because both of these Pokemon have a complementary type combination, which would fit the duo in a parallel way. Looks like my prediction for Jessie to get Frillish was right (a female one too!), but for James... since I like Amoonguss, I am satisfied anyway.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Now that we know that Virgil will almost certainly not face off against Satoshi in the Higaki League, it got me thinking: what if Virgil receives the Shigeru treatment? There has been a trend in the anime since the end of the Orange Archipelago saga in which at the end of every odd-numbered generation Satoshi, following an impressive win against some or other strong trainer (Battle Frontier/Orange League) goes back to Masara Town to prepare for his journey to a new region, only to find Shigeru there. Shigeru promptly battles him with an Eievui (at the end of the OI saga) or an Elekible. (at the end of the BF saga in AG) What if Virgil is given this role at the end of the BW saga? It would explain why the 2013 calender continues to promote Eievui when the latter would likely be evolved by January 10th in the case that Satoshi battled him in the Higaki League--perhaps his Eievui will be appearing in its evolved form immediately prior to the beginning of Gen 6 as opposed to this January, similarly to Elekible?
    Last edited by ArginX; 11th December 2012 at 04:36 AM.

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

Could the Frillish be Trip's? It is, as a Jellicent anyway, featured in the Unova League download for Black 2 / White 2.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Blog Entries

This is a anti-evolution speculation. This specualtion is about the Pokemon that won't evolve during some time:
    Ash Ketchum/Satoshi:
    -Pikachu (won't evolve)
    -Mijumaru/Oshawott
    -Chaoboo/Pignite (until March)
    -Tsutarja/Snivy (until March)
    -Kibago/Axew
    -Yanappu/Pansage

Already fully evolved pokemon: Hahakomori, Kenhallow, Waruvial, Iwapalace, Maggyo, Doryuzu, Emonga, Kairyu.

Without restriction to evolve: Gamagaru, Gantle, Zuruggu.

Possible captures: Eeivui (different than Virgil's one)

Returns to the series: Sonansu, Lizardon.

Blog Entries

It's a nice theory, but the poster for the recent Pikachu short had confirmed that a few of these pokemon won't be evolving until at least the middle of July. Oshawott, Pansage, and Axew still remain unevolved.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Boldore's evolution is still in question... One of the Trainers' used a Gigalith in BW106, that could be the same Pokemon from the calender. -___-

Blog Entries

I don't understand why anyone would expect Boldore to evolve without a trade being involved.