Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 341

Page 341 of 375 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 5617
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I still believe that Ash's Unova team will not change until the end of the Unova League. If the writers have Ash use his Unova team after the competition, however, I can only see his Snivy evolve. I doubt Scraggy will evolve unless Axew will evolve too (and right now it is extremely unlikely that the writers will make Iris's Axew do much of anything). The writers are probably not going to have Oshawott evolve because of its mascot role. Palpitoad probably won't evolve because of the "Water-type curse" that the writers started in Johto. I can't see Pignite evolving into its final stage, either. And Ash will probably not trade his Boldore, so it will never evolve again.

Quote Originally Posted by GWrando View Post
    Gen 3 - Ice
    Ash officially caught the part-Ice type Lapras in the OI saga, although he had released it. But the other instances you have mentioned were accurate. The writers are giving Ash pokemon with greater variety in type in each saga.
    martianmister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    I still believe that Ash's Unova team will not change until the end of the Unova League. If the writers have Ash use his Unova team after the competition, however, I can only see his Snivy evolve. I doubt Scraggy will evolve unless Axew will evolve too (and right now it is extremely unlikely that the writers will make Iris's Axew do much of anything). The writers are probably not going to have Oshawott evolve because of its mascot role. Palpitoad probably won't evolve because of the "Water-type curse" that the writers started in Johto. I can't see Pignite evolving into its final stage, either. And Ash will probably not trade his Boldore, so it will never evolve again.

Quote Originally Posted by GWrando View Post
    Gen 3 - Ice
    Ash officially caught the part-Ice type Lapras in the OI saga, although he had released it. But the other instances you have mentioned were accurate. The writers are giving Ash pokemon with greater variety in type in each saga.
    I want to mention that Ash has Glalie(ice-type) from hoenn saga.. I think he captures a cryogonal here in unova

Blog Entries

I was previously strongly under the impression that Mitsuhoney was featured on the poster in order to promote a new male evolution it would receive in Gen VI. However, on closer inspection, the Mitsuhoney on the BW Season 2 poster is clearly female. I am still expecting Mitsuhoney to become part of the main cast (perhaps Dent will capture it, based on where it's featured on the poster) or at least belong to a rival, but if not for a Gen VI evolution, I wonder why on earth it would be promoted.

Blog Entries

Combee doesn't seem any more notable than Wingull, Pelipper or Altaria are, and only Wingull has appeared so far (very briefly). I wouldn't expect anything special for them considering that even Corphish, which is actually prominent on the poster, ended up being a wild Pokémon in a filler episode. Not only that, but Braviary and Reuniclus were featured in the first Best Wishes poster, and yet they debuted in Season 2.

Lucario is a different matter since it is actually featured in several upcoming merchandise releases.

Blog Entries

Mitsuhoney is in the foreground, whereas the bird Pokemon such as Pelipper are far in the background, in a completely different spot than any of the other Pokemon except the legendaries. Heigani, I would argue, is still up in the air; I still expect it to either return in the form of Satoshi's, be captured by Dent, or reappear with Buoysel under control of the recent Tag Battle twins. (Who is to say they were truly COTD's?) I could be wrong, of course.

And as for the first Best Wishes poster, that's a very poor argument. The Pokemon featured on that poster were simply the Gen V Pokemon promoted prior to the release of the games. Compare it to the first AG poster, which featured Bursyamo, Sohnano, Ruriri, Latios, Latias, and Kakureon, none of whom were featured in any AG episodes for a considerable amount of time; as is the case with the BW poster, they were simply Pokemon promoted prior to Ruby and Sapphire's release.

The Best Wishes Season 2 poster is a completely different matter. Whereas it certainly seemed as though Pokemon such as Riolu and Eievui were featured on the poster due to them being promoted as newly catchable Pokemon prior to BW2's release, we soon learned that this was not true. In fact, every Pokemon sans Heigani, Mitsuhoney, and Lucario (and the birds, who are, again, far away from any other Pokemon on the poster) have turned out to belong to the main cast or major supporting characters.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Halfway through this week's episode when everyone was eating that toast with what looked like Honey on it, I'd assumed we'd cut to a hive of Combee for a few seconds to tick that off. Was disappointed that didn't happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArginX View Post
    Mitsuhoney is in the foreground, whereas the bird Pokemon such as Pelipper are far in the background, in a completely different spot than any of the other Pokemon except the legendaries.
    They're bird Pokémon; of course they're going to be flying up in the air. Besides, I'd argue that Wingull and especially Pelipper are more noticeable than Combee, and if Combee's position were indicative of anything, it would belong to Dawn.

Incidentally, Altaria is going to show up in Iris' flashback in the next episode. It's a minor role, but Corphish is in the same boat, and I see no reason to expect greater things for Combee.

Heigani, I would argue, is still up in the air; I still expect it to either return in the form of Satoshi's, be captured by Dent, or reappear with Buoysel under control of the recent Tag Battle twins. (Who is to say they were truly COTD's?) I could be wrong, of course.
    I'm sure that if Ash's Corphish returns, it won't stand out from his other reserves. They're all in the current opening, but chances are that they'll only return in the post-league saga, which will have its own opening and possibly even a new poster. The Season 2 poster is becoming out of date.

I don't see how it is likely that Cilan will catch Corphish (despite not showing interest in it in the recent episode) or that the Tag Battle twins will become recurring characters (there is nothing notable about them).
    Last edited by Silktree; 26th October 2012 at 03:32 AM.

Blog Entries

People think Virgil will give his Eevee to one of the "heroes" which I really doubt.

Also, while Emboar is featured in the latest announced episode, people think it's Bianca's Emboar. HOWEVER, it could also be Ash's Pignite that could evolve.

Scraggy will evolve allong with Axew, I'm pretty sure of it.

And the rest will remain unchanged since Oshawott/Snivy are cursed with the cutesy mascot status

As for Cilan and Iris, I don't see them catching any new Pokémon for now.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd quite like Scraggy to pull off a Snorunt and evolve with Virgil's help and mastering Focus Blast.

Blog Entries

Scaggy's Focus Blast is aready take in care of so I think that it won't do that now

Moe
    Blog Entries

Ash needs something to evolve mid-battle in the league...

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Ash needs something to evolve mid-battle in the league...
    He doesn't need to, but given the history it's likely something will evolve. Most likely the Scraggy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMouse View Post
    I think that road has been closed since the orange islands.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

A few people are thinking about Axew evolving in the upcoming Axew episode. But what if Scraggy evolves? I know it's a long shot, but I dunno. I think it could happen.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I'd rather see Zurugu evolve than Kibago. At least a Zuruzukin on Satoshi's team would be able to do something. I have no idea whatsoever Iris would do with an Onondo just walking around. I also just don't know what Kibago would do as an Onondo. I know Kibago's dream is to evolve, but it's sorta the Pochama syndrome. That was more of a case of advertising being shoved down our throats, but still Potashi would have been an odd pokemon to have just wandering around with the group. I guess it could end up using focus blast on some random pokemon that attacks it as they search for Kibago, but I'd rather see it evolve in a league battle. Those dem evolutions when they're up against a wall get me every time.