Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 340

Page 340 of 375 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 5619
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think Axew wil evolve?

No, I don't think so, especially now so far into the series. Kibago's too attached to advertizing to evolve anyway.

Blog Entries

I have a feeling that if it does, they'll probably do what they did with May's Combusken/Blaziken and evolve it a few episode before Iris leaves, at least to its second stage.
    If she makes an appearance in Gen 6 then it'll probably be fully evolved when we see her again, or evolve on screen.

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

I feel like they gave her Dragonite because they knew Axew wouldn't evolve, so probably not.
    djulienr likes this.

~Claimer of Pansage in the Claim a Pokemon thread~
    ~Claimer of Cilan in the Claim a Character thread~

Blog Entries

I don't think he will, considering how bad written this series is, specially when we are talking about evolutions.

But who knows, maybe he will evolve in a hypothetically future filler saga.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Merged with the Evolution/Capture/Release thread.

Personally, I don't think that Axew is going to evolve. Axew is too cute and marketable for them to evolve it. I don't even know if Axew's desire to evolve has been mentioned in more recent episodes. Plus, I figured that they give it upgrades with overpowered moves, as well as hand Iris a Dragonite, in order to compensate for Axew not evolving. I don't see it happening in either the end of the series or with Iris' inevitable cameo in the next series.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Personally, I don't think that Axew is going to evolve. Axew is too cute and marketable for them to evolve it.
    They could make him evolve exactly before the saga ends. Being marketable or not shouldn't matter then.

I don't even know if Axew's desire to evolve has been mentioned in more recent episodes.
    I don't think that it means that it's going to be forgotten because it hasn't been recently mentioned. Iris' goal was to evolve Axew, and she's apparently feeling iffy about going to Opelucid. I guess it's because she's worried of facing failure. If that's so, I think that it will be mentioned then.

Plus, I figured that they give it upgrades with overpowered moves, as well as hand Iris a Dragonite, in order to compensate for Axew not evolving.
    I don't think that the moves are overpowered, but that's another thing. Giving her a Dragonite doesn't sound like a compensation either.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    They could make him evolve exactly before the saga ends. Being marketable or not shouldn't matter then.
    That's possible, but it doesn't sound too likely to me given how rare it is for secondary mascots to evolve. I think that the only time it did happen was with Togepi, but even then it was still traditionally cute, which I don't think Fraxture is, after the original series and it was released in that same episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Human
    I don't think that it means that it's going to be forgotten because it hasn't been recently mentioned. Iris' goal was to evolve Axew, and she's apparently feeling iffy about going to Opelucid. I guess it's because she's worried of facing failure. If that's so, I think that it will be mentioned then.
    I wasn't trying to imply that they've forgotten about Axew wanting to evolve. I'm thinking that they haven't mentioned it in a long time because they have no plans to evolve Axew in the future. Iris does seem to be worried about facing failure for not evolving Axew, especially when that was the reason, or at least one of the reasons, for going on this journey. Even if it is mentioned then, I don't think Axew evolving is more likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Human
    I don't think that the moves are overpowered, but that's another thing. Giving her a Dragonite doesn't sound like compensation either.
    Moves like Outrage and Giga Impact are definitely overpowered, especially with the way Axew learned them, but that's for a different topic. I do think that she got Dragonite as compensation since other than Excadrill, Iris' team was pretty lackluster to say the least. Dragonite not only gave her team a ridiculous boost, but also a fully evolved Dragon Pokemon. That's another reason why I don't think that Axew is going to evolve. Iris already has an evolve Dragon Pokemon to give her a strong Pokemon, while Axew remains unevolved to be a cute marketable Pokemon. There's really no incentive for the writers to give Iris a Fraxture when she already has a fully evolved Dragon Pokemon and the whole rite of passage to raise Axew into a Haxorus, as well as Axew's own desire to evolve, haven't been brought up that often. If Axew's dream to evolve had more focus during the course of the series, maybe I could see it as more of a possibility, if only because of how often it would still come up, but as it is, I still think that the chances of Axew evolving at all are slim at best.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

These are just random guesses, but I see Snivy, Pignite, Palpitoad and maybe Boldore evolving, but I doubt Scraggy will evolve. I don't think Ash'll have any more captures.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

I'm really hoping that Cilan gets a new pokemon, or at least have one of his others get some more development.

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

Blog Entries

I'd rather see new evolutions than new captures. The team already has enough Pokémon and some of them has almost zero character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    These are just random guesses, but I see Snivy, Pignite, Palpitoad and maybe Boldore evolving, but I doubt Scraggy will evolve. I don't think Ash'll have any more captures.
    I really want to see Ash do a trade with someone who has another pokemon that evolves via trade (maybe a Graveler). But instead of trading back, the other kid steals Boldore (now Gigalith) because he thinks his Graveler was weak. Then Ash defeats his Gigalith to prove (Golem's) strength.

EDIT: Obviously trade back afterwards
    djulienr likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessLieutenant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I really want to see Ash do a trade with someone who has another pokemon that evolves via trade (maybe a Graveler). But instead of trading back, the other kid steals Boldore (now Gigalith) because he thinks his Graveler was weak. Then Ash defeats his Gigalith to prove (Golem's) strength.

EDIT: Obviously trade back afterwards
    Will Golem appear in Best Wishes 2?

That was just a suggestion. Really any Pokemon that evolves via trade.

Blog Entries

I still believe it is entirely possible that Ash will catch at least one new Pokemon before the Unova League. Honestly I'm hoping for a pure Normal Type or for him to finally officially catch a Ghost Type.

Granted with trends it is more likely he will not catch a Ghost Type... Being since he usually catches 1 Permanent new type that remains in his Box* a Generation since Gen 2.

Gen 2 - Ground
    Gen 3 - Ice
    Gen 4 - Dragon
    Gen 5 - Dark & Rock

Since Ash has already caught 2 pokemon of previous uncaught type... it is highly unlikely he will catch a ghost as I wish he would. However as he has had several normal types before... four in total... that is probable. Honestly I would like to see Ash catch/receive an Eevee someday...

*Box: Umbrella term for all of Ash's pokemon that have not been Released, Traded, Given Away, or unofficial.

"What we create in the present is merely a shadow, nay, a reflection on our past."
    Quote from little known author: Lee Austin
    Inkay - Officially Claimed

Assuming the Virgil and Team Eevee episode is the last one before the League I don't see an evolution or capture happening prior to the League. However, given the way evolutions have been handled in BW up to this point I don't think it's unusual to assume we'll see one evolution during the league; likely one of the remaining starters (possibly Snivy to Servine, due to her being Ash's sole Pokemon to really not star in a gym, with a new non-STAB move accompanying the evolution ala Dragon Claw with Krookodile) allowing Oshawott to maintain mascot status for the remainder of the Gen V anime.
    Pokemon White FC: 0648 4815 7165
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 3869 6438 9106