Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 336

Page 336 of 375 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 5611
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

  1. #5026
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    You mean, every set has only one Pokémon per main character?
    Yes, kind of. The Pokémon charms, for example include:.

    Pikachu - Ash
    Piplup - Dawn
    Dragonite- Iris
    Rilou - Kotetsu
    Lucario - Currently unknown, but most likely Cynthia's.

    As you can see, none of Cilan's current Pokémon are there and Eevee is the only one left.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info.

  2. #5027
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,391
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    I hope that Ash will catch Eevee. First, I doubt that the writers would have Eevee evolve into anything but a new evolution, since there is no reason to promote any of the existing Eeveelutions over the other six. So in the event of a main character catching Eevee, I think that Ash would be the only character who could give the probable new evolution reasonable screentime in the next generation. I'd rather not see another Eevee become sidelined as May's was.

    If Ash caught Eevee, he wouldn't have to use it in the league, considering what happened with Aipom in the Battle Frontier and even with May's Munchlax in the Hoenn Grand Festival.

    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    As you can see, none of Cilan's current Pokémon are there
    Which wouldn't be surprising if he were the only character that didn't have a new capture. Pikachu has an excuse to appear in every set, but not so much anyone else.
    martianmister likes this.

  3. #5028
    Don
    Don is offline
    Flower Arranging Time Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    The place I'm now in.
    Posts
    1,275
    Blog Entries
    8

    Follow Don on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Which wouldn't be surprising if he were the only character that didn't have a new capture. Pikachu has an excuse to appear in every set, but not so much anyone else.
    If that turns out to be so, then why don't any of the merchandises include one of Cilan's current Pokémon?

    Even Dawn, Cynthia and Kotetsu have their Pokémon included and they aren't part of the current main cast.
    Last edited by Don; 1st September 2012 at 10:27 AM.

  4. #5029
    Moe
    Moe is offline
    Registered User Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    948
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    I'll put an outside bet in for Eevee being Stephan's. It'd be nice to see a strong Eevee with a diverse moveset, rather than its evolved forms, as well as being a good counter to Sawk.

    It'd be a bit much giving Cilan another stone-based evolution Pokemon, especially as the potential for Pansage to evolve hasn't been dealt with. I suppose it opens the door for a lot of connoisseur development to give him a confused Eevee and trying to figure out how it wants to evolve - but considering nearly nothing has been done on his goal so far, it'd be odd to start now.

    Perhaps Cilan catches a Piplup.

  5. #5030
    Don
    Don is offline
    Flower Arranging Time Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    The place I'm now in.
    Posts
    1,275
    Blog Entries
    8

    Follow Don on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Perhaps Cilan catches a Piplup.
    That would explain all the Piplup merchandise. There are times were I secretly do want this to happen.

    Seriously speaking, I don't care what Pokémon Cilan gets as long as his next capture is of a previous gen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I suppose it opens the door for a lot of connoisseur development to give him a confused Eevee and trying to figure out how it wants to evolve - but considering nearly nothing has been done on his goal so far, it'd be odd to start now.
    That's something I hope will happen if Cilan does get Eevee. Even if it may seem rather odd to others they would start this kind of thing now, Cilan would finally be getting something big for his skills as a Pokémon Connoisseur.
    Last edited by Don; 1st September 2012 at 11:02 AM.
    djulienr likes this.

  6. #5031
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,391
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    If that turns out to be so, then why don't any of the merchandises include one of Cilan's current Pokémon?

    Even Dawn, Cynthia and Kotetsu have their Pokémon included and they aren't part of the current main cast.
    Because Cilan's current Pokémon have been released in previous Best Wishes merchandise, but Dawn, Cynthia and Kotesu's Pokémon have not (being Pokémon from previous generations). The Pokémon are the ones that matter here, which is to say that it doesn't even matter whose Pokémon they are as far as selling the merchandise is concerned.

  7. #5032
    Don
    Don is offline
    Flower Arranging Time Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    The place I'm now in.
    Posts
    1,275
    Blog Entries
    8

    Follow Don on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    There is a Corphish featured out on front of the Best Wishes Season 2 poster. Perhaps Cilan will catch one?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Because Cilan's current Pokémon have been released in previous Best Wishes merchandise, but Dawn, Cynthia and Kotesu's Pokémon have not (being Pokémon from previous generations). The Pokémon are the ones that matter here, which is to say that it doesn't even matter whose Pokémon they are as far as selling the merchandise is concerned.
    Yes, when I thought about it and saw that none of the Pokémon in the Pokémon Charms set are from the 5th gen I realized that was the case. I guess the possibilities from this would be - Cilan gets an Eevee/he doesn't get a new capture/Cilan does get a new capture but it isn't being promoted much (just appearing on a Pokémon Kids toy set).

    Although there has been some Best Wishes merchandise with Eevee that have included the groups Pokémon of the current generation minus any of Cilan's Pokémon. This for example which I believe is part of a back to school set of merchandise and this. However the second one shows the possible hint that it could be Ash who is catching Eevee.

    A Stunfisk and a Pansage do appear on the second merchandise, but they aren't within the main groups's Pokémon.
    Last edited by Don; 1st September 2012 at 01:21 PM.

  8. #5033
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    There is a Corphish featured out on front of the Best Wishes Season 2 poster. Perhaps Cilan will catch one?
    Given that Satoshi has one, I would feel very underwhelmed by that capture. Plus, Iwaparesu is already kinda crab-like, so I'd like more diversity. I mean, it's not a starter that needs to advertised, so... no, please no. XD

    However the second one shows the possible hint that it could be Ash who is catching Eevee.
    That's what I was thinking when I saw the merchandise. I wouldn't necessarily mind Satoshi catching one if he didn't have as many Pokémon so hopefully, it'll come after the League when Satoshi has oaked the boring dead weights on his team. A Post-League team of Pikachu, Tsutarja, Mijumaru, Zuruggu, Eevee and Fukumaru would be cool XD I don't know what they'd have Cilan catch though... Any merchandise with Pokémon that could belong to Cilan but haven't been introduced yet?

    Also... damn, Lizardon keeps popping up everywhere... 10$ the writers bring it back and give it to Iris. XD
    djulienr likes this.

  9. #5034
    Don
    Don is offline
    Flower Arranging Time Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    The place I'm now in.
    Posts
    1,275
    Blog Entries
    8

    Follow Don on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Imagine if it turns out that Lucario is actually a Pokémon Cilan's going to get. But nah, it's most likely Cynthia's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Given that Satoshi has one, I would feel very underwhelmed by that capture. Plus, Iwaparesu is already kinda crab-like, so I'd like more diversity. I mean, it's not a starter that needs to advertised, so... no, please no. XD
    Yeah, true. I wouldn't mind if Cilan had two crustacean Pokémon on his team, however I found Ash's Corphish to be brilliant and entertaining so another one may not stand out. Also I have always wanted Cilan to catch a Water-type but I'm not so sure about Corphish, however if Cilan did get and it one were to evolve into Crawdaunt later on down the line I'll accept it. Then again I say all that, but at the end of day I don't actually care what Pokémon Cilan gets.
    Last edited by Don; 1st September 2012 at 04:23 PM.

  10. #5035
    Ma-ho-ho-ho! TeddiUrsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    877
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    The last thing the anime needs is another Eevee on the main cast.
    I know the fanbase for the lame, boring and uncreative line of fox-like creatures is big but I really think the writers shouldn't waste a slot that could be taken by an actually interesting Pokémon on Eevee.
    Dent could need another Pokémon, especially if it can evolve, but there are so many choices out there...
    Maybe he can catch a damn Leaf Stone already if you know what I mean...
    Karamazov likes this.

  11. #5036
    Registered User Adam DeLand's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Holland, Michigan
    Posts
    34

    Visit Adam DeLand's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    I'd really like Dent with Eevee. They seem like a good match. As to what I think it'd evolve in.... I wouldn't want it to evolve into a Leafia because I'm glad they moved away from seeing Dent as a grass type trainer
    To be honest, I'd think that's how it might go if he got one. Not because of Cilan being a grass type gym leader, but because Leafeon has appeared the least in the series. That would give the writers an excuse to give it more appearance time.

  12. #5037
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,391
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam DeLand View Post
    Not because of Cilan being a grass type gym leader, but because Leafeon has appeared the least in the series. That would give the writers an excuse to give it more appearance time.
    Zoey's Leafeon appeared in three episodes, whereas May's Glaceon only appeared in two and Cynthia's only in one (which might change, but I wouldn't bet on it). I don't see why Leafeon needs to be promoted over its brethren; there is a big difference between getting more screentime and belonging to a main character.

  13. #5038
    Registered User Mythicalzoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    NO god plz no more eevees plz! Cilan should evolve Pansage

  14. #5039
    Don
    Don is offline
    Flower Arranging Time Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    The place I'm now in.
    Posts
    1,275
    Blog Entries
    8

    Follow Don on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Which wouldn't be surprising if he were the only character that didn't have a new capture.
    Regarding this, let us consider Burgundy currently having 4 Pokémon.

    Would the writers really leave Cilan with less Pokémon than his rival?

  15. #5040
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,391
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Would the writers really leave Cilan with less Pokémon than his rival?
    I think that Cilan will eventually catch another Pokémon, but your argument isn't very convincing. The rivals' Pokémon don't need to be developed on-screen, meaning that the writers don't need to give them much thought or even showcase them more than once. Burgundy most likely only got Darmanitan to make Trip's win look more impressive.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •