Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 334

Page 334 of 375 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 5623
Like Tree677Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Follow MikaelDerp On Twitter

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I'm not sure if the is the right thread for this, but a theory just hit me as to why Ashs Pokemon in BW are all lightweights and aren't evolving. It may just be a dumb thought, but I'd like your honest opinions.

Ash used to battle regularly against Team Rocket, which would end up giving his Pokemon xp for KO'ing Seviper, and Chimecho etc. So what if the reason most of Ashs Pokemon are all under developed is because of their lack of battles, which never used to be a problem in the other series.
    martianmister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelDerp View Post
    I'm not sure if the is the right thread for this, but a theory just hit me as to why Ashs Pokemon in BW are all lightweights and aren't evolving. It may just be a dumb thought, but I'd like your honest opinions.

Ash used to battle regularly against Team Rocket, which would end up giving his Pokemon xp for KO'ing Seviper, and Chimecho etc. So what if the reason most of Ashs Pokemon are all under developed is because of their lack of battles, which never used to be a problem in the other series.
    I actually thought this a while back. It also kind of explains why so many evolutions seem unjustified. when pokes evolved in the past, there were numerous occasions where they were used in battles against team rocket, which at least showed them getting experience on screen, and made it much more believable when they evolved. But here with the massive lack of TR, we didn't get to see that, and evolutions just came out of nowhere.

I mean, its prob not the reason for the lack of evos, that's mainly just the writers/ higher ups not wanting to evolve them just yet, but its a nice theory that adds some sort of believability behind it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Ash should have a Ratcake
    if you mean Raticate, he had one once Back in the St Anne 3 parter. otherwise....I agree with what Meron posted.

what I wouldn't mind seeing at one point is Ash's old Lapras returning and possibly becoming a Poke Iris uses, since well...you know.

I am hoping that after the Team Rocket arc, Ash will catch Meloetta
    Duque, djulienr and fawfulmark2 like this.

Visit Adam DeLand's Youtube Channel

Due to a recent image that appeared, I've gotten a bigger feeling. It's giving me chills of excitement, yet I still know there are chances it won't exactly go as planned. But at least one thing is sure, it's appearing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adam DeLand View Post
    Due to a recent image that appeared, I've gotten a bigger feeling. It's giving me chills of excitement, yet I still know there are chances it won't exactly go as planned. But at least one thing is sure, it's appearing.
    So, what is it?

Blog Entries

Guesses:

I'm not expecting too much aside meloetta. Ash catching it would be my early christmas present.
    fawfulmark2 and djulienr like this.
    Man, when you stop to think of it DP did have some crap in it. Its just that when people think about DP, they only remember Paul, Pokehunter J/Galactic and all the Gyms and Contests episodes....basically the good parts.
    And... there are actually a lot of BW episodes that have pissed me off. By this point it'd be easier to just list the ones that I can stand to watch. The more the series progresses, the more the writing of these episodes piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    So, what is it?
    This is the image http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/83/BW094.png, once you see it, you'll get it.

Blog Entries

This is the image http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/83/BW094.png, once you see it, you'll get it.
    Ooooooh, Meloetta. That's staying till the Rocket episodes, so Ash doesn't have it in that picture (which is pre-Rocket episodes).

If you meant Riolu it belongs to the boy (Kotetsu).

Blog Entries

I really don't want Ash to catch Meloetta, and I don't get why so many people want him to capture it. :/

It's a legendary, sure, but it's rather annoying and would surely end up being a pain if it continued following Ash. Having Ash capturing it just because it's a legendary would be ridicolous, I mean, why? It might be powerful, but it's the Pokémon's ability to entertain me that takes priority, so I'd much rather see him catch like a crazy Magikarp than Meloetta. At least from Magikarp, I'd be able to get a laugh or two.
    TeddiUrsa likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    I really don't want Ash to catch Meloetta, and I don't get why so many people want him to capture it. :/

It's a legendary, sure, but it's rather annoying and would surely end up being a pain if it continued following Ash. Having Ash capturing it just because it's a legendary would be ridicolous, I mean, why? It might be powerful, but it's the Pokémon's ability to entertain me that takes priority, so I'd much rather see him catch like a crazy Magikarp than Meloetta. At least from Magikarp, I'd be able to get a laugh or two.
    We already have Cilan's Stunfisk for that....

If anybody is going to get a Magikarp, it should be Iris, just so she could train that thing to become a Gyarados that would lead to many funniez interactions between them.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 25th August 2012 at 04:28 PM.
    djulienr likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post

We already have Cilan's Stunfisk for that....

If anybody is going to get a Magikarp, it should be Iris, just so she could train that thing to become a Gyarados that would lead to many funniez.
    Pls, Stunfisk has nothing on Magikarp.

But yeah, I agree. Iris should have a Magikarp. :3
    djulienr likes this.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Speaking of fish Pokémon I think a Finneon would suit Cilan. I'm not sure if I want him to make a new capture as it seems too late to do so with the other events that we know of (Junior Cup, Dragonite's disobedience, Kotetsu, Rockets, League). I'm still hoping Stunfisk in the opening means Pansage is evolving, but its starting to look doubtful.

Don
    Blog Entries

Follow Don on Tumblr

What about Cilan getting a Gyarados in a fishing based episode? A Gyarados could be the Fishing Connoisseur Cilan's biggest challenge, the concept of an episode like that would be awesome (IMO). But I'd be happy with anything Cilan captures. I wished whatever Cilan's next capture is going to be would be spoiled, it is not clear whether he'll get something in the coming episode Cilan's heavily featured in or if we have to wait for another.

I'm perfectly fine with spoiled captures, I find it's much easier to wait for it to happen when you know what it is.

Besides, Cilan hasn't had a Pokémon he has obtained spoiled (while both Iris and Ash - except Palpitoad - have).
    Last edited by Don; 25th August 2012 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Ooooooh, Meloetta. That's staying till the Rocket episodes, so Ash doesn't have it in that picture (which is pre-Rocket episodes).

If you meant Riolu it belongs to the boy (Kotetsu).
    Well thank you som much for breaking my spirits. I will now go lay down in bed in depression.