Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 332

Page 332 of 375 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 5621
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

  1. #4966
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Livin the college life
    Posts
    17

    Visit PrinceGray's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    Samurott- Trip has Serperior and Bianca has Emboar as their signature starters for a reason...
    It could still be debuted by Cabernet. I don't see Mijumaru evolving as long as she has Futachimaru and uses it somewhat regularly. Pokabu only evolved after Bel's Chaobu evolved into Enbuoh. I think after Jalorda has debuted, Tsutarja might evolve, but I rather see her stay as she is. I don't see Satoshi having the same fully evolved starter as a rival in BW because all of the rivals that have a starter are fairly identified to it unlike Shinji in DP who was more associated with other species than Dodaitose.

    I'd also like Dent to catch the Riolu we've seen on the posters. Since Iris' latest capture was spoiled there and in the opening, maybe Dent's will be as well.

    Burgundy is a joke character on top of that, she isn't Ash's rival.
    98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott won't evolve. If you are part of the 2% the believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters! (Started by Me)


    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    I don't care that in the original Japanese version his name is Sat-o-shi or Suh-to-shi he's called Ash in the anime he's call Ash in the comic. AND I'M NOT JAPANESE!

  2. #4967
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    Burgundy is a joke character on top of that, she isn't Ash's rival.
    She's still a recurring character that's very much identified with the line and will continue to feature it. It's her only Pokémon that's not fully evolved, I see no reason why it shouldn't evolve too and feature the species in the Animé rather than wait for Satoshi's Mijumaru to evolve twice.
    martianmister likes this.

  3. #4968
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Livin the college life
    Posts
    17

    Visit PrinceGray's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    Burgundy is a joke character on top of that, she isn't Ash's rival.
    She's still a recurring character that's very much identified with the line and will continue to feature it. It's her only Pokémon that's not fully evolved, I see no reason why it shouldn't evolve too and feature the species in the Animé rather than wait for Satoshi's Mijumaru to evolve twice.
    Even if she was to debut it. (Which I have my doubts to be honest) It doesn't stop Oshawott from evolving all the way. If Samurott happens before the league, then Oshawott will only be a Dewott for a few episodes then evolve fully. A'la Infernape, Charizard and Mamoswine for example.


    If they really wanted her to debut it, then she should have Samurott in the Junior Cup considering Trip has Serperior and Bianca has Emboar and she has had her Dewott longer than both of them had their respective starters.
    Last edited by PrinceGray; 2nd August 2012 at 08:38 AM.
    98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott won't evolve. If you are part of the 2% the believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters! (Started by Me)


    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    I don't care that in the original Japanese version his name is Sat-o-shi or Suh-to-shi he's called Ash in the anime he's call Ash in the comic. AND I'M NOT JAPANESE!

  4. #4969
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    Even if she was to debut it. (Which I have my doubts to be honest) It doesn't stop Oshawott from evolving all the way.
    In my opinions, it does. Whenever a recurring character, a rival, is heavily associated with one Pokémon, it's always prevented other characters from getting that Pokémon too. Kojiro's Sabonea didn't evolve because it wouldn't really make sense to have both Kojiro and Harley heavily showcasing Noctus. For the same reason, in DP, Shinji was much more associated with Elekid/Eleboo/Elekible than he was with Dodaitose, who for his starter Pokémon really didn't get a lot of screentime. That left Satoshi's to get the show. On the opposite, Kengo and Jun had their Pottaishi and Emperte heavily associated with them while Hikari's Pochama wasn't evolving.

    I kinda think the same thing's happening here. The final forms of starters seem very associated with Bel and Shooti, it's definitely their go to Pokémon, their strongest Pokémon, the one with the most appearances, and the same can be said for Cabernet. Futachimaru is her signature Pokémon, the one she's most associated with, the one who was featured the most. I don't think they would have given it to her, nor would they have made it her signature Pokémon, if they planned to feature it and Daikenki heavily with Satoshi.
    martianmister likes this.

  5. #4970
    Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,802
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Right now, I'm kind of hoping Cilan gets a new Poke soon just so he and Iris can have an equal number of Pokemon in their party; I'd like to see him with something new to refresh his current team, anway. He'd probably get a previous generation Pokemon, which would be perfectly fine with me.

  6. #4971
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    Right now, I'm kind of hoping Cilan gets a new Poke soon just so he and Iris can have an equal number of Pokemon in their party; I'd like to see him with something new to refresh his current team, anway. He'd probably get a previous generation Pokemon, which would be perfectly fine with me.
    Since Krookodile and Dragonit were spoiled in the opening, and Dragonite in the promotional poster, I wonder if a possible capture for Cilan and/or other characters is hiding in there too. Assuming the opening takes us all the way through the League, it could be that Stephan, Bianca and Trip, or Cilan, are having some unrevealed Pokémon hinted in there.

    In the opening, not counting main character/rival's pokémon, legendary Pokémon and Krookodile/Dragonite, there are 38 Pokémon.

    Glaceon, Blitzle and Patrat appeared in BW085; Alomomola, Wailord, Wingull, Rattat, Frillish and Swanna appeared in BW086; Larvitar, Basculin and Cubchoo in BW088; Hydreigon in BW089 and Zebstrika and Stourland in BW090.

    That leaves us with 22 pokémon. Some look to just be background (Cottonee, Ducklett, Tympole), others could be evolutions for main characters (Swoobat, Fraxure, Scrafty Not saying that any of these is happening it the near future.) and others already belong to main/recurring characters (Zebstika, Minccino, Stoutland, Bisharp). Wailord, Jellicent, Mantine, Alomomola, all could appear in an upcoming Marlon episode since he's featured in the opening. Adler might use Bouffalant in a battle after the WTJC. We'll have to see if the CotD in the World Tournament Junior Cup change their Pokémon to some featured in there.

    So this leaves us with... Yanmega, Altaria, Mandibuzz, Arcanine, Mienfoo, Braviary, Liepard, Mienshao, Eevee, Lapras and Dewgong. I could Bianca at the League with Mienfoo/Mienshao and/or Dewgong. I could see Stephan with a Braviary and/or Arcanine. I could see Cilan catching an Eevee hopefully to evolve it into a Vaporeon or the Riolu in the poster, maybe already evolved as a Lucario unless Shirona sticks around for the Rocket plot episodes and it's hers.

    Unsurprisingly, the opening seems to feature lots of Water and Dragon pokémon... like... those two gyms we've yet to see. Just throwing this stuff out there. XD
    martianmister and HumanDawn like this.

  7. #4972
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Livin the college life
    Posts
    17

    Visit PrinceGray's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    Even if she was to debut it. (Which I have my doubts to be honest) It doesn't stop Oshawott from evolving all the way.
    In my opinions, it does. Whenever a recurring character, a rival, is heavily associated with one Pokémon, it's always prevented other characters from getting that Pokémon too. Kojiro's Sabonea didn't evolve because it wouldn't really make sense to have both Kojiro and Harley heavily showcasing Noctus. For the same reason, in DP, Shinji was much more associated with Elekid/Eleboo/Elekible than he was with Dodaitose, who for his starter Pokémon really didn't get a lot of screentime. That left Satoshi's to get the show. On the opposite, Kengo and Jun had their Pottaishi and Emperte heavily associated with them while Hikari's Pochama wasn't evolving.

    I kinda think the same thing's happening here. The final forms of starters seem very associated with Bel and Shooti, it's definitely their go to Pokémon, their strongest Pokémon, the one with the most appearances, and the same can be said for Cabernet. Futachimaru is her signature Pokémon, the one she's most associated with, the one who was featured the most. I don't think they would have given it to her, nor would they have made it her signature Pokémon, if they planned to feature it and Daikenki heavily with Satoshi.

    That's the thing. Dewott isn't her signature pokemon. It shifts between her appearances. In her debut, she said it as Sawsbuck. In the first Don Tournament, it was Stoutland. She didn't say specifically in the Clubsplosion, but it can be assumed it was Dewott. Now in the Junior Cup, she'll likely say it's Darmanitan. Unlike Snivy and now Pignite, Oshawott isn't portrayed as a strong pokemon for a reason and if they truly wanted her to debut Samurott, it would have been done in the Junior Cup.
    98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott won't evolve. If you are part of the 2% the believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters! (Started by Me)


    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    I don't care that in the original Japanese version his name is Sat-o-shi or Suh-to-shi he's called Ash in the anime he's call Ash in the comic. AND I'M NOT JAPANESE!

  8. #4973
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    Dewott isn't her signature pokemon.
    It's her starter, the one pokémon of hers that appeared on multiple occasions, the one with the most screentime, the one that ties to her backstory and rivalry with Dent. It's very much her signature Pokémon.

    It shifts between her appearances. In her debut, she said it as Sawsbuck. In the first Don Tournament, it was Stoutland.
    Dent has said at times that Iwaparesu and Maggyo were his vintage, but that doesn't make Yanappu any less his signature Pokémon.

    they truly wanted her to debut Samurott, it would have been done in the Junior Cup.
    With that logic, if they truly wanted Satoshi with a Daikenki, they would have done so. Point is, starters are the most iconic Pokémon of a generation, nearly every players has at least one on their team, they get showcased a lot for it. If they were going to showcase Futachimaru and Daikenki through Satoshi, they wouldn't make that Pokémon someone else's signature Pokémon, the one they're most associated with. It's most likely because they knew they weren't going to evolve Mijumaru that they gave Futachimaru to Cabernet. Maybe Cabernet won't debut Daikenki and still feature Futachimaru, maybe it'll be that fabled new rival in the League that will, but I highly doubt it would be Satoshi cause they're tying Mijumaru's evolved form with another trainer, at least not in the near future. Much like I don't see Chaobu evolving into Enbuoh because of how it's Bel's signature Pokémon in this series. The opening pretty much spoiled Satoshi's team in the League anyway, and Mijumaru is still a Mijumaru.

    I do hope that Daikenki shows up in the League, either with Cabernet if she's participating in that too (which really isn't looking likely at the moment) or with the new rival.

  9. #4974
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Livin the college life
    Posts
    17

    Visit PrinceGray's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion;4249883
    [B
    With that logic, if they truly wanted Satoshi with a Daikenki, they would have done so. Point is, starters are the most iconic Pokémon of a generation, nearly every players has at least one on their team, they get showcased a lot for it. If they were going to showcase Futachimaru and Daikenki through Satoshi, they wouldn't make that Pokémon someone else's signature Pokémon, the one they're most associated with.[/B] It's most likely because they knew they weren't going to evolve Mijumaru that they gave Futachimaru to Cabernet. Maybe Cabernet won't debut Daikenki and still feature Futachimaru, maybe it'll be that fabled new rival in the League that will, but I highly doubt it would be Satoshi cause they're tying Mijumaru's evolved form with another trainer, at least not in the near future. Much like I don't see Chaobu evolving into Enbuoh because of how it's Bel's signature Pokémon in this series. The opening pretty much spoiled Satoshi's team in the League anyway, and Mijumaru is still a Mijumaru.

    I do hope that Daikenki shows up in the League, either with Cabernet if she's participating in that too (which really isn't looking likely at the moment) or with the new rival.

    A lot of people argued the same thing with Chimchar still being a Chimchar when the League was pretty close and how Flint was meant to showcase Infernape and yet we all saw what happened. I see Oshawott going down a similar path. Again, he isn't portrayed as a strong pokemon for a reason and I believe he will evolve unless it is explicitly stated otherwise.
    98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott won't evolve. If you are part of the 2% the believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters! (Started by Me)


    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    I don't care that in the original Japanese version his name is Sat-o-shi or Suh-to-shi he's called Ash in the anime he's call Ash in the comic. AND I'M NOT JAPANESE!

  10. #4975
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,100
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    A lot of people argued the same thing with Chimchar still being a Chimchar when the League was pretty close and how Flint was meant to showcase Infernape and yet we all saw what happened. I see Oshawott going down a similar path. Again, he isn't portrayed as a strong pokemon for a reason and I believe he will evolve unless it is explicitly stated otherwise.
    But Burgundy has a different and more important role than Flint, who was just a one time thing.

  11. #4976
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Livin the college life
    Posts
    17

    Visit PrinceGray's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    A lot of people argued the same thing with Chimchar still being a Chimchar when the League was pretty close and how Flint was meant to showcase Infernape and yet we all saw what happened. I see Oshawott going down a similar path. Again, he isn't portrayed as a strong pokemon for a reason and I believe he will evolve unless it is explicitly stated otherwise.
    But Burgundy has a different and more important role than Flint, who was just a one time thing.

    IIRC Flint appeared in about 5-6 episodes and even showcased Infernape's battle skills. At this point in time, he and Burgundy have the same amount of appearances and being a joke rival < Being an E4 member.
    98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott won't evolve. If you are part of the 2% the believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters! (Started by Me)


    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    I don't care that in the original Japanese version his name is Sat-o-shi or Suh-to-shi he's called Ash in the anime he's call Ash in the comic. AND I'M NOT JAPANESE!

  12. #4977
    Registered User ASH_HATER_999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Littleroot Town
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Ash, why you don't evolve your pokemon, you are relatively close to get Garchomp but no.

  13. #4978
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_HATER_999 View Post
    Ash, why you don't evolve your pokemon, you are relatively close to get Garchomp but no.
    Ash would if Writer wasn't busy in glorifying other character and writing cutesy adventure!
    Hopefully , There won't be any more glorifying EVER !
    Rest of the season 2 better be focus on developing & Evolving Ash's Pokemon !
    Rest of the character goes to hell!
    Dragon Master likes this.

  14. #4979
    Seems legit Baron Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Blog Entries
    81

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    IIRC Flint appeared in about 5-6 episodes and even showcased Infernape's battle skills. At this point in time, he and Burgundy have the same amount of appearances and being a joke rival < Being an E4 member.
    Flint was mentioned in 2 episodes, and he appeared in 5 episodes. Out of these, he fought in 2 episodes, 3 if you want to count the battle with Cynthia on TV that wasn't an important focus of the episode. (It also tells a lot about him that despite of us knowing he had a 3-on-3 battle with Cynthia, we still know only one of his Pokemon. No more, no less.)

    Burgundy so far, has appeared in 11 episodes, and, unlike Flint, is likely to get more appearances. (In fact, sure to be. The tournament is still going, and she hangs around) These include 4 different battles.

    She may be somewhat of a joke character, yes, but she still has a decent amount of focus, with more to come. Flint was mostly portrayed in such amount due to his relevance to Volkner, as well as the obligatory E4 appearances we had in DP. However, Burgundy is an original character with no "forced" ties to other characters, and as such all appearances of her tend to be significant to some degree.

    There's also the whole factor of how Flint is an Elite 4 member. Infernape is by far the most iconic Pokemon he has in any media, and since the Infernape is not portrayed in great amount, Ash could be allowed to have one as well. Not only was Chimchar the Pokemon that most tied Ash to his rival (And thus it would make perfect sense for it to evolve to the very end), but easily his most powerful DP Pokemon. Having Flint, an Elite 4 member, which have been portrayed as far superior to Ash, use the same Pokemon and easily defeating Ash's entire team, including the Infernape, goes to portray Flint's power.

    Lastly, if you were to ask me, Samurott somehow wouldn't fit Oshawott's way of acting. Dewott however would be rather fitting. But for this to happen, you can't have the Pokemon constantly coincide. There is the possibility that he could evolve twice between Burgundy's appearances, but it's a rather unlikely happening.
    martianmister and Hellion like this.

  15. #4980
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    A lot of people argued the same thing with Chimchar still being a Chimchar when the League was pretty close and how Flint was meant to showcase Infernape and yet we all saw what happened.
    That makes no sense. Satoshi's Goukazaru evolved before Oba even appeared in the Animé. People were saying that Satoshi's Hikozaru wasn't going to evolve back when Satoshi was getting his seventh badge... i.e. a year before the League came around. Moukazaru had been showcased in passing very briefly and Goukazaru was debuted with Satoshi's evolving. Here we know the League is coming up in a month or two, we know most of the episodes titles for that period, we have a shot of Satoshi's team for the League that includes Mijumaru and there's a rival that showcases Fuatachimaru regularly and it's her signature pokémon. Daikenki isn't going to make its debut in the League under Satoshi's ownership, be it Cabernet or another character that debuts the species, I don't see it being Satoshi at this point.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •