Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 289

Page 289 of 375 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 5619
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainer14 View Post
    She and Cilan do take part in battles against Team Rocket and helping out with COTD and that - Misty didn't really do much battling asides from the same things, yet she always had more than 3 Pokemon on her usually.
    And we all know how much use Misty's Pokémon got. Throw in the criticism about their personalities (what did Goldeen have in that aspect?) and you'll see why many don't think there's a point in Cilan or Iris getting more.

There isnt much reason for Ash to get Swadloon, Boldore and Unfezant as those Pokemon barely do anything as it is. I think it just might be nice if Iris or Cilan got another Pokemon that was possibly more imaginative and had a chance of getting more screen time
    But then as Iris and Cilan get more additions, their previous captures will get less focus, which you've pointed out has happened to Ash's captures.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

To be fair, I didn't make my comment to begin a discussion about whether Iris deserved new Pokemon or not, I was just saying that it looked as if they were leaving room for her to get more Pokemon and was seeing what other people thought.

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

Iris wants to be a Dragon Master and is basically like May and Dawn shes a brand new trainer, whether she admits it or not, and that means she could possibly end up with a majority of her team filled by the end. i do feel taking out the contests has diminished the female lead role a bit, heck even Cilan would have been funny to see as a coordinator. but i digress. if iris catches one or two more pokemon whose to say anything about it but i hope they evolve fast or are mid stages or even single stagers or she will have an awkward set up. i think to satisfy her rivalry with the dragon buster she will catch a druddigan.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Iris isn't being developed as a trainer. She's already competent and beat Ash in a tournament. There's no where to go from there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Iris isn't being developed as a trainer. She's already competent and beat Ash in a tournament. There's no where to go from there.
    ASh is competent , misty was competent, and so was Brock, and because she beat ash in a tournament with a pokemon pikachu is beyond unaffective against means nothing. iris can be developed further we are just around half way through the season so anything is possible.
    winning a tournament means next to nothing unless its the league, so dont take stock in her win. she is still a noob and acts like a noob. Iris is misty in her dreams to be the best of her chosen type but still may and dawn in her experience.
    u can go anywhere with her, but in order for her to do that she needs to catch a new dragon or evolve Axew, i believe she may catch druddigan for its size and inability to evolve.

Blog Entries

This thread's purpose is to discuss what changes in terms of their Pokémon team the characters should/could go through, so please always keep that in mind while you post here and try to relate your observations to changes in the team of the character. If you're posting solely to discuss the current state of a particular character's storyline, please post in that character's thread in Pokémon League. Thank you

Well, I'm glad Tepig will evolve, because it's the blandest of the initials. It needs screen time and from now on can develop it's fighting moves.
    Krokorok is a great addition, imo. It has personality and it's last form is awesome, the only problem is the rotation, that is already poorly managed.
    Couldn't care less for Leavanny, Ash should release it. And I'm tired of hoping for Unfezant to be used properly.

Blog Entries

i did man i was rebutting what he said after i said she will catch a few more pokemon. then i mentioned she would catch druddigon. read everything before commenting man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sontoriginyu View Post
    i did man i was rebutting what he said after i said she will catch a few more pokemon. then i mentioned she would catch druddigon. read everything before commenting man.
    ASh is competent , misty was competent, and so was Brock, and because she beat ash in a tournament with a pokemon pikachu is beyond unaffective against means nothing. iris can be developed further we are just around half way through the season so anything is possible.
    winning a tournament means next to nothing unless its the league, so dont take stock in her win. she is still a noob and acts like a noob. Iris is misty in her dreams to be the best of her chosen type but still may and dawn in her experience.
    Has nothing to do with captures. A line about a capture does not make the entire post on-topic, and if someone else is off topic, it doesn't mean you can too.

The in-thread warning of Hellion's stands. If you want to debate the warning further, you may PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
    Argh! Not that!

OK. I'm fine with the monsters presenting themselves new forms, even if I'm not as big a fan for the fire pig to evolve now, but please let the otter evolve all the way. As much as the new ideas for BW are acceptable, please plan harder for some of the ideas we really want to happen for the show.

You know, the team for Ash seem to diversify types twice. We got 2 waters, 2 grass, 2 fighters, now it's 2 darks and 2 grounds. Probably nothing, but I thought I would point that out even if it's already acknowledged.
    Personally i think the 2nd (middle one) evolution of Oshawat looks best.
    Another fire type to build two teams could be interesting. Not much choice though. It'd have to be the fire/ghost or the anteater. If the writers are going for two teams the Tepig evolution will probably be the offensive fire set and the other set defensive (anteater going to be captured?)

Oh Joy, team bland are getting evolutions.

Of course this may not all be bad, i mean Swadloon evolves via happiness so leavanney might develop a happy personality. But then it might just stay in the background like normal and be forgotten like it was after its last evolution. but hey, it does have a smile on its face :)
    Unfezant will most likely just stay the same, Ash will use it against Skyla and she'l star and it will be all rather predictable. hopefully they have her battle trips Male Unfezant to highlight the gender difference.
    Uh Pignite, i guess it could make Tepig more interesting, and theres not much you can do with Tepig as is, and it adds the fighting type so that could be interesting. But it will likely just stay as a battle machine so lame.
    Krokorok, kinda saw that coming but didnt really want it to happen, Ash doesnt need the typing in his team and he doesnt need another pokemon right now, his teams too crowded and are being handled poorly. Although It does have an established personality so that could add some interest to the cast. but then so did Palpitoad and look what happened there.
    Im really hoping for an Oshawott evo, and am quite dissapointed by that not happeneing any time soon. Hes had a fair bit of development and has clearly come a long way, as highlighted by the Clay battle. Plus itl break the water curse. Im also hoping that once the other starters evolve, if that happens, that the team might get a bit more rotation

On a side note, how good a Ground team would Ash have lol. Ground, Ground/Grass, Ground/Flying, Ground/Dragon, Ground/Water, Ground/Dark. Badass i tells ya, Badass.

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

That battle between Ash's female Unfezant, and Trip's male Unfezant could be really interesting. Female Unfezant are better fliers (spelled right?) so that could be between the skills of Ash's, and the raw power of Trip's Unfezant.
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I'm just excited for the Unova PokeRinger competition. Can't be long now.

alrighty, everyone smile now!!!

Boldore "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........."
    Mucrush likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Makes you wonder why the bird and bug were even captured. If we were even to exclude those two, Ash's screentime for his pokemon would have been much better.