Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 288

Page 288 of 375 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 5618
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I like how the writers decide to evolve pokemon that Ash had hardly used in the series to their final forms so quickly whereas they decide to either approach this evolution slowly or not at all for some of Ash's more used pokemon.

I'm surprised Palpitoad wasn't shown to evolve to its final stage, though. Boldore is understandable as it is a pokemon that had evolved recently and Krokorok is a pokemon that Ash should obtain very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
    I have to lol though, at Iris' team not changing at all. Ash got a bunch of new evolutions, and Cilan got one too. Iris is just sitting over there with her same shit.
    But this is probably the only evolution one of Cilan's pokemon will get in a while, though. And it is mainly counterbalanced since Iris had access to a fully evolved pokemon at the start of the series. More or less, Iris and Cilan have a pokemon that can evolve, a pokemon in their fully evolved form, and a pokemon that cannot evolve.

I don't know if the writers are planning on evolving Axew and Pansage, though. They are the only pokemon Iris and Cilan have on them that are able to evolve after this.

Argh! Not that!

OK. I'm fine with the monsters presenting themselves new forms, even if I'm not as big a fan for the fire pig to evolve now, but please let the otter evolve all the way. As much as the new ideas for BW are acceptable, please plan harder for some of the ideas we really want to happen for the show.

You know, the team for Ash seem to diversify types twice. We got 2 waters, 2 grass, 2 fighters, now it's 2 darks and 2 grounds. Probably nothing, but I thought I would point that out even if it's already acknowledged.
    People cannot protect their precious ones only with kindness. I am prepared to protect my important friends. Even if I will be called the devil! There's no way you can win, when you don't have bond with friends.

I REALLY like the croc being catched. It has everything - it is evolved (i.e it doesn't look like a baby), good moveset and good personality.

Disappointed as to no Tsutarja/Miju/Scraggy evolution... seems like we will be stuck with half of Ash's team being babys for a while longer.

I really want Palpitoad to evolve as well. Perhaps there is a "Satoshi's water types won't ever evolve" curse on this show after all...

Don't really care at all for the bird and the other grass thing... hope they are released.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    I don't know if the writers are planning on evolving Axew and Pansage, though. They are the only pokemon Iris and Cilan have on them that are able to evolve after this.
    Very much hoping we'll get a Pansage evolution - one being that Simisage is awesome and secondly that it could lead to a great episode involving the triplets.

Stone based evolution is bound to come up - I think an episode each generation dealing with the Pikachu evolution thing is a given and with Cilan also having a stone evolution Pokemon, I can't see it being ignored.

That said, with the evolution of Leavanny I'm not so sure - for a happiness evolution for a Pokemon that doesn't get much screen time is odd, though the anime has been horrible with the happiness evolutions in the past (Togepi anyone?), so I won't be surprised if it evolves mid battle with no real attempt to explain it.

martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    I'm probably one of the few who is excited that tepig evolved..because I really really like Emboar and I hope that he goes all the way with his evo ;_;
    The only thing I hope comes out of this evolution is that it might mean that Bel is getting Enbuoh soon.

I like how the writers decide to evolve pokemon that Ash had hardly used in the series to their final forms so quickly whereas they decide to either approach this evolution slowly or not at all for some of Ash's more used pokemon.
    Yeah, I'm really thrilled that the writers are making me care about Pokémon by giving them great personality like Tsutarja and Zuruggu, then making them stale by not doing anything with them, not evolving them and barely changing their move pool and wasting a lot of what makes them unique members of Satoshi's team by having Satoshi catch other pokémon of the same type, pokémon that are really bland, uninspiring and uncompelling, barely used, but get to evolve in a way that in no way reflects on Satoshi's skills as a trainer or allow him to really progress, thus causing his important battles and the prospect of an upcoming League to leave me rather cold.

It's like good writing, only... not.

I don't know if the writers are planning on evolving Axew and Pansage, though.
    They'll probably evolve Kibago and Zuruggu closer to the League. I personally hope that Pansage does not evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Me gusta, though only if it leaves to play Ping-pong.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At least we know the starters will most likely evolve.

I was worried they were pulling another Johto. *shudders*

Although given its the same as Johto for now with 1 Pokemon in its middle stage and the other two not evolved it can STILL be like Johto. *double shudders*

Thankfully with this ending being soon I can see more evo's in the later half to avoid another Johto disaster that still stings to this day 9 years later. *triple shudders*

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am hoping that these evolutions/captures are not piled up on top of one another. AG pulled a similar move when they spoiled future captures/evolutions in the "Challenger" opening and in the first version of the "Glory Day" ending. In both cases, the episodes that featured these captures/evolutions aired very soon after the opening/ending were used, and those episodes aired dangerously close to one another.

I hope the writers space out the evolutions this time around, considering that quite a few of the pokemon that are chosen to evolve were hardly given any screentime in the series to begin with. Ideally, I want the writers to provide these pokemon with justification that their evolutions should take place. The problem with Ash's team in BW is that the writers are evolving pokemon that hardly receive episode-to-episode screentime, characterization, continuity, and development.

Unfortunately, some of the pokemon that evolved so far in the saga--Pidove, Sewaddle, and Roggenrola-- were not provided with this. The evolutions felt tacked on to the situations/battles that these pokemon took place in. Out of the pokemon Ash has on him that are confirmed to evolve, Tepig is the only one who was provided with enough focus to warrant this change. I am hoping that the writers can provide this much needed focus for the other pokemon outside of five minutes of one gym battle. evoThe last thing I want to happen is for one of Ash's pokemon to evolve in the middle of his next gym match.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Although given its the same as Johto for now with 1 Pokemon in its middle stage and the other two not evolved it can STILL be like Johto. *double shudders*
    Yes, this could very well be the case considering that Ash has other Grass-type and Water-type pokemon on his team.

Tepig is the only Fire-type pokemon that Ash caught in this region, and that is most likely the reason why the writers have chosen this pokemon to evolve first.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 5th January 2012 at 07:47 PM.

Blog Entries

Scraggy is almost a given to evolve but they'll probably wait all the way till the end of the saga before the league to do so. If you notice, virtually all "baby egg" pokemon have evolved in this show. Even Happiny in the last minute.

Oshawott will be treated like Chimchar. Chimchar did not evolve till after the 7th Gym, so Oshawott not evolving for a while is OK. As long as it evolves eventually.

The rock will obviously reach its final form. Papiltoad and Kroc could go either way IMO, maybe stay as they are if the writers want to promote middle stage pokemon.

Snivy has to evolve to keep up with Trip's. After all it KO'd Snivy in the last battle, and Trip's starter will be fully evolved at the league.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I love (read hate) how all the pokemon that are getting evolutions are the ones nobody really care about. So much for that Seismitoad toy being Ash's. It'll be interesting to see movie advertisements so we can know who'll be evolved by july and judge how long the ones shown here age going to take.

@Hellion

I hope the writers space out the evolutions this time around, considering that quite a few of the pokemon that are chosen to evolve were hardly given any screentime in the series to begin with. Ideally, I want the writers to provide these pokemon with justification that their evolutions should take place. The problem with Ash's team in BW is that the writers are evolving pokemon that hardly receive episode-to-episode screentime, characterization, continuity, and development.
    Based on how things have gone so far I highly doubt it'll work out that way. The writers have made it quite clear that they can't handle the rotation. The pokemon'll get some focus in the episode right before it evolves, just the way it worked with Roggenrola, and then it'll go back to being seen in the background of group scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Oshawott will be treated like Chimchar. Chimchar did not evolve till after the 7th Gym, so Oshawott not evolving for a while is OK. As long as it evolves eventually.
    The 7th gym was also episode 127. In DP the fifth gym was 102, not 61. Hopefully BW's not shaping up to be 200 episodes in a single region. Even in AG gym 5 was later than what it is for BW. It's not looking like there'll be quite as much time for things to happen "before the league." At least these rushed evolutions may be pointing towards something post-league.

I still really want Palpitoad to evolve, as Seismitoad is one of my favorites of this generation. Waruvile could go either way, it would probably need new sunglasses since the ones it currently has would look foolish on a Krookodile. Gantle I'm most unsure about though, just because of its method of evolution. They could set something up with Shooti's Gurdurr, but that's about the only way I see that happening. That may finally give Shooti some personality.
    Hellion likes this.

Blog Entries

That's why Ash's reserves are evolving. The starters first forms are so marketable that the writers like to keep them around as long as possible.

I also believe this is why Axew hasn't evolved yet either, when I really thought it would have by now.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

I guess there will be an evolved pokemon for all unevolved ones:

Grass type: Hahakomori > Tsutarja
    Water type: Gamagaru > Mijumaru
    Dark type: Waruvile > Zuruggu
    Fighting type: Chaoboo > Zuruggu
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Oshawott and Snivy will likely evolve too. They're probably evolving Tepig first because it has the most dull personality.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure if anyone else has commented on this, so sorry if I am repeating

However, when I just watched it now, I noticed something about Iris' team: while Ash's team and Cilan's team were bunched up, Iris and her Pokemon were relatively apart: Excadrill and Iris had a rather large gap between them, and there was a relative gap between Axew and Emolga. I may just be grasping at straws, but I would like Iris to have more than 3 Pokemon, and I have a feeling the gaps are there in order to make future space for new Pokemon and slot them in relatively easily without reanimating a lot. This is probably just reading far too much into things, but I thought it was odd that Iris and her Pokemon werent close

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^

Blog Entries

I am not against Iris getting a new pokemon, but what for? She hardly battles as is and doesn't compete in anything.

Moderator AceTrainer14's Avatar Forum Head
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

She and Cilan do take part in battles against Team Rocket and helping out with COTD and that - Misty didn't really do much battling asides from the same things, yet she always had more than 3 Pokemon on her usually. There isnt much reason for Ash to get Swadloon, Boldore and Unfezant as those Pokemon barely do anything as it is. I think it just might be nice if Iris or Cilan got another Pokemon that was possibly more imaginative and had a chance of getting more screen time

^^^^ The GalacticVerse Bibliography (Thanks to Blazaking for Banner) ^^^^