Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 279

Page 279 of 375 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 5611
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

  1. #4171
    Shurororororo Playerking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,846

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I said the whole line, which we've seen quite a lot of.
    I know, but, still, but we've only seen two Gothitelle and a few Gothita, it's still not that much in my opinion. And if Iris gets it, which I hope she does, then it'll only be Gothita that will be showcased more and if it does evolve quickly then that's less Gothita screen time and it'll be just one Gothorita so far. We've seen a lot of other lines as well, but I get your point, they are being shown a fair bit lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Only Cilan can make holding a fishing rod look badass.
    This is Cilan's Stunfisk, he laughs at you.

  2. #4172
    . Ishida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nah
    Posts
    891
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I said the whole line, which we've seen quite a lot of.
    We've only seen Gothita twice and Gothitelle twice that's really not that much when compared to like Darmanitan or Deerling.

  3. #4173
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tepig View Post
    We've only seen Gothita twice and Gothitelle twice that's really not that much when compared to like Darmanitan or Deerling.
    But that's really a lot compared to almost all the evolutionary lines that aren't on the main cast. We've seen it, it's not fresh anymore, and what we've seen of the line didn't really made me want to see more (read, they looked like crap)

  4. #4174
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Obviously...IN AMERICA!
    Posts
    1,336

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    I like the Goth/Fortune Teller line, but if Iris or Cilan gets it, it will not advance the series as a whole, whereas if Ash gets it, he will have his first Psychic-type, and that will last longer than Iris or Cilan, because Ash won't release it. Iris/Cilan will be phased out of the group after Unova, and Ash obtains Gothita, he will have obtained at least 3 types he did not posses before, 5 if my belief that he will capture Chandelure and Klink comes true. If Iris gets it, she will be further typecast as only obtaining Pokémon with some degree of being a "little kid", Since Axew is a baby, Excadrill is a bully, Emolga is a Drama Mama, and Gothita will be a"Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets!" type, making her Pokémon so stereotypically immature, that people will start guessing that the writers give her Pokémon based on how she perceives Ash. If Cilan gets it, his food theme will be shot. *shot*

    But still, Ash should get Gothita more than iris or Cilan!!!!!!!!!!
    djulienr likes this.

  5. #4175
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Question
    1)Should Tepig evolve or Not?
    My answer : Not just Tepig should evolve but Tepig should evolve as soon as possable.Because Tepig can't learn most it best move in it 1st stage & Its 2nd stage design sucks so its better if Tepig evolve sooner. Plus its 1st stage does play much important role as snvy or Oshawotte . It main use as a Battler instate of a entertainer
    Plus there no problem with Ash having a full evolve pokemon sooner cause it wont make him unbeatable.
    Chance's are that people might get more interest at TV Show only to see How Ash use Emboar
    2) What kind of pokemon Ash should catch?
    My answer : A pokemon that can ether fly & float. Ash can just have one pokemon that can fly or Float. Ash should have 2 or Three pokemon like that

  6. #4176
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Kairyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    herpderp
    Posts
    1,135

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    So it would be nice if Ash's Pokemon started evolving rather soon - I'm honestly quite tired of his team largely consisting of baby Pokemon. Thing is, the battles in this series will automatically become better should his baby pokemon evolve - not only do evolved Pokemon look more badass, but they will most certainly learn some awesome new moves upon evolving and these two facts combined will make the battles in this series significantly better than they've been (the vast majority of them have been subpar so far).

  7. #4177
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairyu View Post
    So it would be nice if Ash's pokemon started evolving rather soon - I'm honestly quite tired of his team largely consisting of baby pokemon. Thing is, the battles in this series will automatically become better should his baby pokemon evolve - not only do evolved Pokemon look more badass, but they will most certainly learn some awesome new moves upon evolving and these two facts combined will make the battles in this series significantly better than they've been (the vast majority of them have been subpar so far)
    We had to wait 100 episodes into DP until Turtwig evolved. We had to wait even longer for Chimchar to evolve.

    Other than Gliscor and Staravia, the writers held off the majority of the evo's in DP till the second half of the saga.

  8. #4178
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    192
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    We had to wait 100 episodes into DP until Turtwig evolved. We had to wait even longer for Chimchar to evolve.

    Other than Gliscor and Staravia, the writers held off the majority of the evo's in DP till the second half of the saga.
    As true as that is, DP was not super catch heavy in the first half either. by now if Ash would of had two more evos i would be just fine (leavanny, servine) but since it didnt i feel we can have super evolution central in the second half, along with some pokes gettin left behind (boldore, pignite,). i do hope Ash catches a second fire type though but it has to either be pansear or heatmor. i do hope he gets pansear and iris gets panpour, but if he gets heatmor we wont have to worry about evolution.

    My favorite team:
    SCYTHER, HOUNDOOM, FLYGON, FROSLASS, SAWSBUCK, KABUTOPS
    no repeat types baby

  9. #4179
    Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Straight Outta Africa
    Posts
    3,178

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    But again that's just a matter of poor pacing as far as the team goes. If he just spending the first 80-100 episode catching things, and then all past those with his pokemon just evolving, that's not too exciting. If he was working with pokemon that were evolving, while also catching new pokeon, that would probably play out better. The pokemon that would be evolving would hopefully have already had some built up character development, so when new pokemon came into the picture they'd be able to revel in the spotlight a bit and get development rather than just be thrown off to the side and used in a handful of battles.

    And battles with basic stage pokemon is also rather boring. There's really only so much a pokemon like tepig can do physically. It's limbs are so short that all it really ever does is shoot stuff out its nose, where it can't like go around dodging things in a fight scene type thing. It works fine when it's just Pikachu and maybe one other pokemon doing that, but when it's his entire team, there's sort of a monotony of all the battles looking pretty similar.

    With bigger pokemon, you have more options on their movement in general around a field of battle. So far Palpitoad's been one of the most interesting battlers, just because he can maneuver his tongue.
    Last edited by GreatLiver; 18th November 2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: First post since early October.

  10. #4180
    MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Olivine Lighthouse
    Posts
    4,743
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    At the same time, however, if Ash had almost fully-evolved pokemon to use in his early gym battles, these battles would also be rather boring and dull. Would Ash's gym battle against Burgh be any more exciting if Tepig had evolved? Or Ash's gym battle against Elesa if his Snivy had evolved? No, if Ash used partially or even fully evolved pokemon against trainers with non-evolved pokemon, the battles would be less interesting and resolve far quicker than they would have.

    Do you remember all of Ash's early Johto battles where he kept using his fully-evolved Charizard against weaker trainer's Pidgeys and Rattatas? Ash's first battle against Casey was a snore to watch to because Ash clearly had the advantage there. Several of the main characters, including Misty and TRio, were aware that Ash was not fighting fair by using a fully evolved pokemon against so many beginning trainers. The writers replacing Charizard in Johto allowed Ash to play on a levelled field and to use his weaker, less experienced pokemon in combat. The same could have also been said about Ash's Heracross, which was another pokemon he had used in early Johto episodes, but was later replaced as well.

    The fact that Ash didn't use evolved pokemon in his battles against Trip is what made these battles so interesting to watch. Trip had a partially evolved team of pokemon in two of his fights with Ash thus far. The writers set it out as if Trip already had an advantage over Ash before they even began their fight. If Ash had used the team of pokemon that defeated Paul in the Sinnoh League, Trip would have been defeated within a few minutes flat.

    Since Ash had access to several fully-evolved pokemon at his endgame of the Sinnoh League, the only thing the writers were able to do in order to give Ash a challenge was by having him fight legendary pokemon. Believe it or not, a compelling battle could only be fought if the character you are rooting for has the disadvantage. The fight wouldn't interest anyone if the character you care about has been established as the superior battler.

    I believe that evolving any types of pokemon should be kept to the bare minimum near the beginning of any series. In the majority of his previous journies, Ash had started off with an almost fresh team of pokemon. What point would there be to this decision if these inexperienced pokemon evolved thirty, forty, or even fifty episodes after they were introduced? It's simply replacing an evolved pokemon from a previous region with another evolved pokemon. This is especially true with his roster in BW, since the majority of Ash's acquisitions in the Unova region are for the most part of similar typing to his DP team.

    With that said, I still don't believe any of Ash's starter pokemon will evolve any time soon. Swadloon and Palpitoad are both partially evolved pokemon of the Grass and Water-types, respectively. These pokemon were either caught in that state or had evolved a few episodes after they were introduced. The fact that these pokemon appeared partially evolved relatively fast shows that the writers are willing to give Ash a slightly more powerful team, but not at the expense of evolving his more prominent pokemon too quickly.

    I don't think evolving anything is going to make too much of a difference if these pokemon still have the same moves as when they were first introduced. That is the biggest issue I see with Ash using the same pokemon over and over again in battle. Not necessarily because they are the exact same species of pokemon, but because we see these pokemon using the same battle strategies that they had used in the past. Tepig battling fully evolved pokemon like Scrafty, Mandibuzz, and Druddigon was worth watching since Ash clearly had the disadvantage in all of these fights, but even so we still saw it using speed tactics to dodge attacks and to get a few Flame Charges in on the opponent.

    If the writers gave these pokemon some new moves to work with, perhaps their battling wouldn't be as boring. It did take 95 episodes for Ash's Turtwig to evolve to its next stage, but by that time, it had already learned a few new Grass-type attacks. The same could have been said about Ash's Treecko in AG as well.
    Last edited by Ampharos King; 23rd November 2011 at 01:00 AM.
    Laterna and winstein like this.

  11. #4181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    192
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    its just my thinking that if Ash had one or two more pokemon evolve by now it might be a lot less crowded at the end. i thought at the very least Snivy would have evolved, for the simple fact that we know she has the most experience.

  12. #4182
    Registered User k289s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    I would like to see Ash get a Samurott, since he has had 2 final evolutions of a grass starter and 2 of the fire starters final evolution.

  13. #4183
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,091
    Blog Entries
    195

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    I want Ash to catch a Haxorus just for the lulz of having Ash have it before Iris.

  14. #4184
    Registered User Andre27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    I want Ash to catch a Haxorus just for the lulz of having Ash have it before Iris.
    Aiming low i see :P

  15. #4185
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,091
    Blog Entries
    195

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    @Andre27 what can I say I easy to please

    In all seriousness I would like to see Bianca with more pokemon like a Meinfoo

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •