Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 246

Page 246 of 375 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 5621
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

It seems to me as if only Ash's starters and Zugguru are going to get focus in the, "personality" department.

The bird, bug, and now rock face will probably all be one-dimensional and just swapped out through various eps. That's how I see it.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

The bird, bug, and now rock face will probably all be one-dimensional and just swapped out through various eps. That's how I see it.
    Why would Kurumayu and Hatooboh as well as Dangoro(If he gets it) be rejected?

Blog Entries

Well he has to rotate the 6th slot, the more pokemon he captures, the less screentime the 6th slot gets.

Pikachu, the starters, and Zugguru seem to be getting the main focus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Well he has to rotate the 6th slot, the more pokemon he captures, the less screentime the 6th slot gets.

Pikachu, the starters, and Zugguru seem to be getting the main focus.
    They are all marketable so they deserve it. Maybe if Hatooboh was cuter then maybe she would get more time to shine in gyms.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OmigawdMatt View Post
    I know right? Simisage looks really awesome and I'm somehow sure that it will evolve, even without evidence. c:
    I'm really not too sure about Cilan's Pansage evolving. I would like for it to become a Simisage, but I won't hold my breath. Pansage looks more marketable to me than its evolution, so I can see it going either way. I think Dwebble has a better chance of evolving.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaroo View Post
    After seeing how big Simisear was...I doubt it...
    But then Dento could ride around on Simisage's shoulders and gain a higher vantage point on everything.

It's...probably not going to happen. But it would be interesting.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    They are all marketable so they deserve it. Maybe if Hatooboh was cuter then maybe she would get more time to shine in gyms.
    What's cute and what's not is subjective. (And why should the cute ones get more marketability? That's just rude to the others...)

I, for one, find all Pokemon cute, so I don't care who gets screentime or not (Except Whimsicott, I'd love for that thing to take up as much screentime it can in a 24 min episode)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaroo View Post
    What's cute and what's not is subjective. (And why should the cute ones get more marketability? That's just rude to the others...)

I, for one, find all Pokemon cute, so I don't care who gets screentime or not (Except Whimsicott, I'd love for that thing to take up as much screentime it can in a 24 min episode)
    Because apparently cute one's make Nintendo more money. One of the reasons why cute Pokemon take so long to evovle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2bi5meId-E Take a look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg17f4PtNX8&feature=related
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 11th May 2011 at 06:25 AM.

Blog Entries

I would argue, except it is apparent that once all the cute pokemon went to the contest trainer in AG and DP, Ash was free to have the strong pokemon. Now there isn't any real apparent "sink" for the cute pokemon to go to.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The new summary for the Palpitoad/Stunfisk episode makes the capture of Palpitoad less likely...it doesn't seem to be the one from before helping Ash, but rather a random thug Pokemon that attacks Oshawott along with Stunfisk.

I guess this makes Roggenrola's capture more likely without it being Pokemon Capture Overload.

After seeing how big Simisear was...I doubt it...
    Simisage is only three feet...and they made Simisear look a lot larger in that episode as it was up against the Pokemon, so the perspective made it seem a lot larger in order to make it a more frightening opponent to the small Snivy and Emolga.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    I would argue, except it is apparent that once all the cute pokemon went to the contest trainer in AG and DP, Ash was free to have the strong pokemon. Now there isn't any real apparent "sink" for the cute pokemon to go to.
    I wouldn't really call Ash's team, "cute" this gen, I mean all the base stage starters have always been cute (mostly).

If Ash's team doesn't evolve then I'd agree, but I'm certain we'll have the same level of evo's as we did the last few sagas.

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There was a time in every series in which all of the starter pokemon and Pikachu were portrayed, in one form or another, as its "mascots." In time, however, at least one of these starters evolved to a secondary form and another, unevolved pokemon took its place in that "mascot" department.

Just because the recent BW ending shows Pikachu and the three Unova starters does not mean that we should eliminate the possibility that any one (or all of the starters) will evolve. AG and DP should be very notable examples. Even though they were all owned by different trainers, Pikachu and the three starters were still featured in commercials for products, in Pikachu specials/shorts, and endings. In both cases, two of the three starters in the region evolved to their final forms. Naturally we should assume that at least two of Ash's Unova starters "should" evolve, but nothing is decided as of yet. Nevertheless, the possibility that any one of the starters will evolve should not be ruled out so soon.

For one reason or another, the writers feel a need for Scraggy to remain on Ash's team. This could be to allow Ash to train Scraggy without a need for him to switch his reserves back and forth (which really should not be a problem since Ash recycled Tranquill at an undisputed time before BW032). It seems that the writers do not want Ash to use his evolved pokemon like Swadloon or Tranquill unless it was absolutely necessary. The focus is shifted on the "weaker," unevolved members of Ash's team, and this includes the three starters and Scraggy. Scraggy may evolve in the future in the same fashion as the starters, but he is not quite on their "level" of stardom. Scraggy is simply having some of the focus shifted to his situation with Ash.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty ~ Shackleford View Post
    Simisage is only three feet...and they made Simisear look a lot larger in that episode as it was up against the Pokemon, so the perspective made it seem a lot larger in order to make it a more frightening opponent to the small Snivy and Emolga.
    I agree that Simisear's size was likely exaggerated for the purposes of the story. Still, according to the Pokedex Simisear should actually be smaller than a Watchog, and yet he did come across as being somewhat bigger than those guys too. So I don't know, maybe that particular Simisear was just big for his species.
    Last edited by garrison-san; 12th May 2011 at 01:40 PM.

Blog Entries

After watching the recent Trip battle, its obvious Snivy will evolve. Not only did it lose to its evo, but Trip even commented saying he was surprised Snivy hadn't evolve yet.

In fact I think all 3 starters will evolve very easily now. Tepig is always really depressed when it loses, its giving me Chimchar vibes. And Oshawott is by far the star, leading up to what will be Ash's first fully evolved water type.

Also, anyone notice the starters and their evo's are always advertised on the BW merchandize? I can see them all evolving.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    After watching the recent Trip battle, its obvious Snivy will evolve. Not only did it lose to its evo, but Trip even commented saying he was surprised Snivy hadn't evolve yet.
    While that may be true, I could see Snivy getting angry at Ash for trying to evolve her just because it lost to its evolutionary form. It would be nice if it did evolve, though, so I'm hoping you're right.