Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 245

Page 245 of 375 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 5623
Like Tree677Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

If you guys think that a comment is rude enough to be termed under flaiming and/or baiting, than report it. Please don't resort to insulting them back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    They can't spend eps upon eps focusing on Pokemon training and training and stuff.
    Urgh... I don't want training all the time; I've never said that. Again, there's a middle way. There's time for personality, time for interactions, time for a storyline, time for pathos, but right now, they're not doding any of that with the immense majority of Ash's team and underusing them, in no small part because there is too many pokémon on Ash's team.

Satoshi isn't dumb enough to throw his weak Zuruggu up against trainer Pokemon
    Actually, the movie manga says he is. Why? Because it's played for laughs. Not everything has to be serious all the time. There's time for loads of other aspects of pokémon than battle, but right now, the writers aren't using those anywhere near as much as they should, Mijumaru not withstanding.

Three main characters. If they all have 6 Pokemon together that's 18 Pokemon
    Neither Iris nor Dento are doing anything that requires them to have more than 3 pokémon.

Not everyone is gonna stick out
    They should. Every single show out there does it, give different personalities to different characters, some of them with even more characters on the main cast as pokémon. Why should Pokémon mysteriously be exempt from this really basic rule of storytelling?

You don't have to act like that you know.
    Actually, in that case, I really really did. The writers have spent the last 14 years telling us that pokémon are more than animals and not just battling tools. They've driven that point through our heads like a railroad spike. You missed it, hence it's not worth me trying to get into a lenghty discussion about how wrong your statement was. You think of pokémon not as characters in their own right, but as souless battling machines, and that's cool, but that's not what the show's about.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I hope Cilan's Pansage evolves, I really like Simisage.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Actually, the movie manga says he is. Why? Because it's played for laughs. Not everything has to be serious all the time. There's time for loads of other aspects of pokémon than battle, but right now, the writers aren't using those anywhere near as much as they should, Mijumaru not withstanding.
    The writers are gonna write what they think is right and do things at the pace at which they think it would be best. The writers in my opinion have shown some nice aspects of the lot of the Pokemon quite a bit. But, I don't think anyone can judge whether or not they're using them to there fullest. Especially when all in all money stands above plots in Pokemon. If the writers want Mijumaru to show off his cuteness and be a huge money toy gauntlet they will, so they are using it to it's fullest, Hatooboh may not be as marketable so the writers are using her to her definition of the fullest.

Neither Iris nor Dento are doing anything that requires them to have more than 3 pokémon.
    "If they all..." :P

They should. Every single show out there does it, give different personalities to different characters, some of them with even more characters on the main cast as pokémon. Why should Pokémon mysteriously be exempt from this really basic rule of storytelling?
    I never said otherwise that Pokemon should be exempt. I just find it a bit strange you expect huge and different and interesting personalities out of all the Pokemon. Pikachu, Pokabu, Mijumaru, Tsutarja, Kurumayu, Hatooboh, Zuruggu, Doryuuzu, Kibago, Emonga, Yanappu, and Ishizumai can't all have interesting and different personalities from each other that are different from previous Pokemon as well as the rest of the Pokemon in Satoshi-Tachi.

Actually, in that case, I really really did. The writers have spent the last 14 years telling us that pokémon are more than animals and not just battling tools. They've driven that point through our heads like a railroad spike. You missed it, hence it's not worth me trying to get into a lenghty discussion about how wrong your statement was. You think of pokémon not as characters in their own right, but as souless battling machines, and that's cool, but that's not what the show's about.
    How wrong my statement was? That's your opinion.

What the hell? So now your deciding that for me? I never said, I see Pokemon as "soulless battling tools". I said I don't see why you expect these big huge personalities that differentiate themselves from the other Pokemon as well as the previous Pokemon, in all 12 of Satoshi-Tachi's Pokemon. I doubt they could even create 12 different interesting personalities.

I'm also curious about what you're gonna think of Satoshi-Tachi's Pokemon if a lot of them evovle and possibly lose there attitudes they have now.

Blog Entries

I don't think anyone can judge whether or not they're using them to there fullest.
    Can. Did. Case closed.

I just find it a bit strange you expect huge and different and interesting personalities out of all the Pokemon.
    They're characters. Every show has characters and gives them different and interesting personalities, cause that's really the single most basic rule of storytelling and characterization. Characterization, you don't have it, you don't have anything.

can't all have interesting and different personalities
    Yes they can.

How wrong my statement was? That's your opinion.
    No, that pokémon are more than animals and just battling machines, but friends to the characters has pretty much been the MO around the anime for 15 years.

I never said, I see Pokemon as "soulless battling tools".
    So you expect some pokémon to have no personality, no storyline. Which would make them soulless, and if they're not there to add comedy, personality, interactions to the main cast, then they're just there to fire attack at Ash's command, ergo soulless battling machines.

I said I don't see why you expect these big huge personalities that differentiate themselves from the other Pokemon as well as the previous Pokemon, in all 12 of Satoshi-Tachi's Pokemon.
    I expect it, because

A- Again, that's pretty much the basic rule of storytelling.
    B- Because the writers of POkémon have shown to be able to do it in the past
    C- Cause every other show out there is mysteriously managing to showcase over 12 different personalities on a regular basis with their combined main cast and recurring characters.

I doubt they could even create 12 different interesting personalities.
    See above. But I can see you're happy with pokémon not showing anything and just being soulless battling machine. That's cool if you are, I'm not judging you; I'm just saying it's a detriment to the quality of the saga and it's better when you give them personalities and storylines.

Blog Entries

Can. Did. Case closed.
    Kodomo Ne.

They're characters. Every show has characters and gives them different and interesting personalities, cause that's really the single most basic rule of storytelling and characterization. Characterization, you don't have it, you don't have anything.
    Hellion. The writers have to deal with 12 different pokes probably have to deal with more then that, and maybe more then that after evolution. You really can't expect all 12 to be different and unique without some of them clashing as well as being different from the previous Pokemon. If I took 12 of my clash mates, not everyone of them will have a different personality that pulls you in.

Yes they can.
    So, your saying all the Pokes owned by Satoshi-Tachi will have different personalities from the previous Pokemon that are all unique and interesting? Was Torterra's personality interesting? What about Fukamaru's empty headness and meekness? How about Staraptor? Gliscor was still a crybaby after evolution, and there have been pass pokemon that have been crybabies like Torkoal, Zenigame, and Togepi.

No, that pokémon are more than animals and just battling machines, but friends to the characters has pretty much been the MO around the anime for 15 years.
    ????????? I never said the Pokemon were battling machines.

So you expect some pokémon to have no personality, no storyline. Which would make them soulless, and if they're not there to add comedy, personality, interactions to the main cast, then they're just there to fire attack at Ash's command, ergo soulless battling machines.
    So......by your logic. Pokemon like Pokabu are "soulless"? Just because Pokabu isn't parading around like an idiot like Mijumaru does regulary and coming out of his ball every minute doesn't make him a "soulless battling machine". He's a meek, kind-hearted pig Pokemon, who puts his best foot forward and wants a nice trainer. News flash Pokabu was in a fight with the other male Pokemon thanks to Mero-Mero, sad after losing his battle, and helped and was happy after they saved Zuruggu. Can you really call him a "soulless battling machine" just because he isn't like Mijumaru?

I expect it, because

A- Again, that's pretty much the basic rule of storytelling.
    B- Because the writers of POkémon have shown to be able to do it in the past
    C- Cause every other show out there is mysteriously managing to showcase over 12 different personalities on a regular basis with their combined main cast and recurring characters.
    B-I find it hard to believe that every Pokemon in Satoshi-Tachi has been given a personalities that stands on top and is fun and interesting and hasn't been done before. Care to provide a few examples?

C-Shows like that don't get a new set of character every season right?

See above. But I can see you're happy with pokémon not showing anything and just being soulless battling machine. That's cool if you are, I'm not judging you; I'm just saying it's a detriment to the quality of the saga and it's better when you give them personalities and storylines.
    Um? What? Again just because Kurumayu, Hatooboh, and Pokabu aren't parading around and throwing fits like Zuruggu or acting all calm, quiet, and cool like Tsutarja doesn't make them "soulless battling machine.

Blog Entries

Maybe Venipede will come back in a later episode and let Ash catch it?

"Playing around?" Wrong.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Enough arguing, you two. Let's get back to the matter at hand....

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    After seeing how big Simisear was...I doubt it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaroo View Post
    Enough arguing, you two. Let's get back to the matter at hand....

What?

Matter at hand? XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaroo View Post
    I see your point.

I'd like to see Dwebble evolve. Will it leave its shell and then evolve, will it have to make a new cover before it evolves?

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

You really can't expect all 12 to be different and unique without some of them clashing as well as being different from the previous Pokemon.
    Can. Did. Case closed.

Personalities are more than one trait. They're a combination of traits, coupled with different backstories, storylines so that you get unique characters, like you're proving here.

Gliscor was still a crybaby after evolution, and there have been pass pokemon that have been crybabies like Torkoal, Zenigame, and Togepi.
    Yet, not one of them was the same. Shocker, similar traits, but different personalities. But at the very least you need a combination of traits that set a character apart. Right now, Pokabu, Hatoboh and Kurumayu lack those, because there's really nothing distinctive about the way they act and the way they interact. I don't want them to act like Mijumaru, Zuruggu and Tsutarja, but I want them to have their own equally present and focus, yet different personality traits. So far, they don't, that's why it was a bad idea to give Ash Kurumiru. That's what it's a bad idea to give him anything else at the moment, which was my point.

Rather than give tons of pokémon to Ash that won't ever be developped and stay two-dimensional, I'd rather see the writers delve into Ash's existing pokémon's personalities, storylines, developpement.

C-Shows like that don't get a new set of character every season right?
    Most shows have part of their cast changed on a regular basis, and have roughly 12-20 main cast members plus recurring characters, all with different personalities.

But I can see this is going nowhere, so once again gotpika, if you're cool with some of Ash's pokémon having no personality, good on you, I'd rather have the writers show me a reason to care about them. We both have obviously different visions on this, so lets drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I know right? Simisage looks really awesome and I'm somehow sure that it will evolve, even without evidence. c:

You know what the problem is Hellion? You're expecting too much too soon. We're not even 40 episodes into the saga. Look at the other sagas around this time. Some of Ash's pokemon had distinct personalities but hardly any of them had a storyling or an obstacle to overcome this early in the series. The first part of the series is usually capture heavy where they set up the Ash's team then they start fleshing them out in the subsequent parts. Besides since there isn't any female co star that means that all the episodes that were dedicated to contests and contest training(let's be honest there were a lot of them) can now be given to fleshing out Ash's team.

Now I think that Ash will capture Roggenrola but that severly decreases the chance that Palpitoad will also be captured. I'd be fine if both of them were captured.

Freakin Adorable.

Blog Entries

Can. Did. Case closed.

Personalities are more than one trait. They're a combination of traits, coupled with different backstories, storylines so that you get unique characters, like you're proving here.
    Seriously dude, that's annoying as Hell. No "Can. Did. Case Closed" if you don't feel like debating it just say so instead of acting like your the leader of the conversation. Back story doesn't equal personality.

Yet, not one of them was the same. Shocker, similar traits, but different personalities. But at the very least you need a combination of traits that set a character apart. Right now, Pokabu, Hatoboh and Kurumayu lack those, because there's really nothing distinctive about the way they act and the way they interact. I don't want them to act like Mijumaru, Zuruggu and Tsutarja, but I want them to have their own equally present and focus, yet different personality traits. So far, they don't, that's why it was a bad idea to give Ash Kurumiru. That's what it's a bad idea to give him anything else at the moment, which was my point.

Rather than give tons of pokémon to Ash that won't ever be developped and stay two-dimensional, I'd rather see the writers delve into Ash's existing pokémon's personalities, storylines, developpement.
    They weren't the exact same. Gliscor was a crybaby who battled as well as Torkoal. I don't see how that personality is interesting and unique and intriguing to honest. Sudowoodo and Pinkupuku were both nice Pokemon that were loyal to Takeshi, what stuck out about them? I really want you to answer these because you talk so much about "personality". What about Torterra's personality or Fukamaru's stuck out and was interesting?

I'm also curious about what Satoshi's Hatooboh would have accomplished if Kurumiru wasn't caught? You seem to like to bring it up a lot, so honestly what would Hatooboh had done that would have futhered her personality?

Most shows have part of their cast changed on a regular basis, and have roughly 12-20 main cast members plus recurring characters, all with different personalities.

But I can see this is going nowhere, so once again gotpika, if you're cool with some of Ash's pokémon having no personality, good on you, I'd rather have the writers show me a reason to care about them. We both have obviously different visions on this, so lets drop it.
    Could you name a few shows like Pokemon that do that. That aren't the same as the past ones?

Seriously Hellion, quit doing that. That's annoying and obnoxious, answering my questions for me. You have no idea what I like. I like Pokemon with nice and cool attitudes and sparky attitudes the way Kurumiru attacked Satoshi-Tachi. But, you don't answer someone's questions for them. That would be like me going into a thread and saying,"I think this" and "Hellion thinks that" when I have no idea what you like in the slightest.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Final warning: DO NOT insult the other party; I'm tired of coming back here and seeing more posts of annoyances towards other members than actual debate.

"seasons change, people change"