Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 243

Page 243 of 375 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 5622
Like Tree676Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

  1. #3631
    Christmas Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    185

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    But the fact that they marketed the male Tranquil (which Trips has) instead of the female one (which Ash has instead) gives me hope that it won't go to him...And it'll go to Shooti instead. Because that would be more fitting.
    When did they do that? Market Shuuti's Hatooboh?

  2. #3632
    覚えてる? CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Floriderp
    Posts
    3,468
    Blog Entries
    95

    Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    When did they do that? Market Shuuti's Hatooboh?
    Oops, sorry, I thought it was posted before:
    http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/pokemon/products/boys/gachien/index.html

    Specifically: http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/pokemon/products/boys/gachien/ge05.html

    "seasons change, people change"

  3. #3633
    samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Lake Wobegon
    Posts
    4,562
    Blog Entries
    9
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    It may just be because male Unfeazant has more going for it aesthetically speaking, so he's the preferred choice for merchandising, even if it is inconsistent with Ash's team.

  4. #3634
    覚えてる? CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Floriderp
    Posts
    3,468
    Blog Entries
    95

    Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    That's what I'm thinkin' too, but you know...any evidence against the inevitable is good for me XD

    "seasons change, people change"

  5. #3635
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,342

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    That's what I'm thinkin' too, but you know...any evidence against the inevitable is good for me XD
    what would you rather Ash get? also, doesn't trip have enough overbearing pokemon anyway?

  6. #3636
    覚えてる? CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Floriderp
    Posts
    3,468
    Blog Entries
    95

    Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblazer View Post
    what would you rather Ash get? also, doesn't trip have enough overbearing pokemon anyway?
    Nothing at all and focus on the team he has now...other than Mijumaru...:(

    "seasons change, people change"

  7. #3637
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,342

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    Nothing at all and focus on the team he has now...other than Mijumaru...:(
    I said this over at Serebii and i'll say it again, he can develop his pokemon now as much as you would like, but come some point he's going to catch another pokemon which is going to cause the same chaos these "potential" captures are causing now, so there is no getting out of the fact that some poke's are gonna get cheated at some point.

    Regardless of when, the chaos will happen.

  8. #3638
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,211
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    I still don't know why people prefer Ash get Pokemon last minute like Phanpy, Snorunt, Aipom, and Gible rather than have Ash catch them as early as possible.

    True maybe Ash should've just stopped at Sewaddle/Swadloon and that could've been his Gible, Snorunt Pokemon and developed early like I would want.

    But at the same time I can't just imagine Ash with the same team from the beginning for a long time after with just evolutions. Honestly right before the sixth gym is the perfect time for Ash to always get his last and final Pokemon. Not after the sixth gym, right before (like an episode before), since I think approximately the span of three gyms is plenty of time to develop "last" minute captures.

    Now with Roggenrola, I'm confused, I've seen many people say that want Ash to rotate, and when the writers are doing just that by giving Ash a variety of Pokemon, instead of embracing people instead are like "too many Pokemon."

    I just cannot see why anyone prefers something like what's happened in the past, when a series of about a hundred and fifty episodes and by only episode 40, Ash only has approximately 3-4 Pokemon.

    And the argument that too many Pokemon take away screen time from Ash's other Pokemon. How is Best Wishes any different than say Sinnoh, when really the only Pokemon at the time (episode number wise) who was developed was Turtwig and even then that might be slightly over exaggerating the fact.

    I mean sure Starly evolved, but it didn't get any screen time at all, though it did battle less than Pidove before evolving, and evolved much earlier too.

    So if something like Sinnoh who spaced their evolutions gave jack shit treatment to Ash's Pokemon when they had the chance, how is Best Wishes worse? Including this Thursday's episode Ash has:

    6 Unova Pokemon

    2 evolved Pokemon

    Everyone has been in a battle, and everyone but Tranquill, and Scraggy have gotten wins.

    The character dynamic between their Pokemon is far greater than the past. I mean did any of Ash's Sinnoh Pokemon generally interact with each other in the same way they have in Best Wishes? The only one who had any interaction with another in the general sense was Gible but that was with Dawn's Piplup (Pikachu can be included into this though since Ash always has it, I don't want to count it.).

    Ash has the most personality ridden team yet. Well in the sense that Oshawott, Snivy, and Scraggy brim with so much personality, it feels like Ash's other teams failed in personality.

    Right now the only Pokemon who lacks appearance is Ash's Swadloon. In combination to it's pre-evolution. It only appeared at most in 6 episodes (if you include the possible Plasma Rocket episodes though it's more like 4 episodes). But then some people don't care for Swadloon, so I don't think I care too much that people would think Swadloon is screwed over. People apparently care more about Tranquill.

    Anyway back to my point. I really don't think it matters if Ash gets a total of 10 Pokemon from BW001 to BW040, what happens was going to happen regardless of the 'when.' So the arguments to me are invalid. Sure you can argue Tranquill could've been used against Burgh if Ash didn't get Sewaddle, but then Oshawott would probably have been more likely, seeing as how it wanted to battle Burg's Leavanny. Seems like Sewaddle saved it from being a complete rehash of the first gym.

    Too many Pokemon? Hardly. When Ash has 10 or more Unova Pokemon then sure I'll agree with you. But with Roggenrola, eight Pokemon is hardly too many Pokemon. That in the games and the anime is only the equivalent to a full team + two reserves. And since Ash always has Pikachu, six of a generation's Pokemon is mandatory.

    Plus you need to think of the league. I've heard people say they liked Hoenn, but my god, it lacked variety. Sinnoh sucked merely because at least one Sinnoh Pokemon; Torterra got royally screwed over.

    And with Ash facing up to over 20 Pokemon most likely. With a total of approximately nine Pokemon on Ash's team (including Pikachu). Each Pokemon is guaranteed at least one win, not to mention, with eight Unova Pokemon Ash has more variety to work with, and he can switch out a Pokemon.

    I think that surpasses Hoenn. Because not only would Ash only use his Unova Region, he'd have a lot more variety to work with.

    I seriously think Ash should've lost the Hoenn League, not because his Pikachu lost to Meowth but because Ash used the same Pokemon over and over, and his opponent found a way to beat Ash's Pokemon.

    See this is why I disagree with some of you people's arguments. No person is guaranteed to always win with the same boring crap over and over. A strategy or tactic that worked once, isn't guaranteed to work twice. This is the primary reason why I like Ash with a large variety of Pokemon.

    Sure maybe using the same Pokemon over and over, is supposed to imply that you can win with them because they have experience under their belt and are really powerful.

    But a true powerful Pokemon trainer, can raise a Pokemon from scratch to a very powerful Pokemon when all is said and done.

  9. #3639
    ポケモン Tsutarja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,346
    Blog Entries
    564

    Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    But a true powerful Pokemon trainer, can raise a Pokemon from scratch to a very powerful Pokemon when all is said and done.
    Which is what a Pokémon Master should be able to do, to bring out the best in each of his Pokémon.

    I like the fact he's getting more Pokémon, more variety of types (I don't believe he ever had a rock type before), which will serve him well at the league. This time the writers will pull off the "Hoenn" Unova league correctly with Ash being capable to switch over several different Pokémon with different strengths and weaknesses. Not to mention if he also gets that Waruvile, which is highly likely to happen later in the series.

  10. #3640
    You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,569
    Blog Entries
    29

    Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Don't forget that Gigalith was one of the earliest leaked BW Pokemon, which would make it more marketable even if none of the main characters in the anime actually caught one, simply because it has "seniority".

    Kind of like how there's a whole lot of Hihidaruma merchandise out there, even though the Pokemon's brief appearances in the anime were of little importance.

  11. #3641
    Christmas Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    185

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Those are just Hatooboh, Mamepato, and it's final form. There's nothing saying it's Shuuti.

  12. #3642
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    tl;dr
    Let me take a wild guess here and assume this is yet another "Ash should catch stuff early and develop them gradually instead of at the last minute" marathon post. Again, the answer is simple: nice in theory, but it's just not translating into the practical. We're 33 episodes into the series and half of the pokémon on Ash's team don't yet have a defined personality (Hatoboh, Pokabu, Kurumayu, most don't get enough focus (Tsutarja, Hatoboh, Zuruggu) and are lacking in the developpement front. Three don't yet have a gym battle and some don't even have a win in a trainer battle, and let's not forget the writers ar whoring the heck out of Mijumaru. The writers have yet to master it with 6 pokémon, down right fail to do it with 7 pokémon, what's it gonna be with 8-10 pokémon...

    Introducing the reserves early is just not translating into more developpement from everybody, it's translating as less for everybody, where as before, all the pokémon on Ash's Sinnoh had their time in the lime light, had a personality that was focused on as some point and even the last minute reserve got a personality/storyline/good battles.

    Again, introducing reserves early and rotating might be nice in theory, but it's just not working in the practical.

    As such, I really don't wanna see Dangoro or Gamagaru on Ash's team. It's just gonna take even more away from the pokémon right now on the main cast.

  13. #3643
    Christmas Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    185

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Let me take a wild guess here and assume this is yet another "Ash should catch stuff early and develop them gradually instead of at the last minute" marathon post. Again, the answer is simple: nice in theory, but it's just not translating into the practical. We're 33 episodes into the series and half of the pokémon on Ash's team don't yet have a defined personality (Hatoboh, Pokabu, Kurumayu, most don't get enough focus (Tsutarja, Hatoboh, Zuruggu) and are lacking in the developpement front. Three don't yet have a gym battle and some don't even have a win in a trainer battle. The writers have yet to master it with 6 pokémon, down right fail to do it with 7 pokémon, what's it gonna be with 8-10 pokémon...

    Introducing the reserves early is just not translating into more developpement from everybody, it's translating as less for everybody, where as before, all the pokémon on Ash's Sinnoh had their time in the lime light, had a personality that was focused on as some point and even the last minute reserve got a personality/storyline/good battles.

    Again, introducing reserves early and rotating might be nice in theory, but it's just not working in the practical.
    Zuruggu is being given, a lot of attention though.

  14. #3644
    Child of the Atom Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Danger Room
    Posts
    7,083
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Zuruggu is being given, a lot of attention though.
    No he's not. He's yet to be in a real trainer battle, yet to train with Ash, hasn't really interacted with any of the other pokémon past episode 20. Really, as the baby pokémon and the one with the most growing up to do, he's severely underused right now. So are Tsutarja and Hatoboh.

    None of those three are being developped in the slightest. Neither is Pokabu and Kurumayu. They're pretty much dead in the water right now with Mijumaru and Pikachu just hogging the screen time.

  15. #3645
    Christmas Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    4,508
    Blog Entries
    185

    Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    No he's not. He's yet to be in a real trainer battle, yet to train with Ash, hasn't really interacted with any of the other pokémon past episode 20. Really, as the baby pokémon and the one with the most growing up to do, he's severely underused right now. So are Tsutarja and Hatoboh.

    None of those three are being developped in the slightest. Neither is Pokabu and Kurumayu. They're pretty much dead in the water right now with Mijumaru and Pikachu just hogging the screen time.
    That doesn't change the fact he's being given more attention then other Pokemon, other then Mijumaru.

    Yeah, he's trained with Satoshi, he is his trainer. "Emonga vs. Tsutarja! The Volt Change Madness!!" in this episode he got into a fight with the other male Pokemon of Satoshi's. Yes, he has interacted.

    Tsutarja has a pretty good battling record if you ask me, she isn't underused at all. I mean what do you expect of her just outta curiosity.

    What is Pikachu hogging? That one episode where he learned Elec Ball, Arti's Gym Battle, and Pod's battle? He is the mascot so he's not gonna be in a Ball, but that doesn't mean he's getting this huge immense time in the shine.

    Kurumayu did take on Arti and learn Energy Ball he's defiantly getting stronger. Still don't know what you mean by "underdeveloped".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •