Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 238

Page 238 of 375 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 5613
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Scraggy is by far my favorite Pokemon on Best Wishes so far. I don't mind it's slow development. It's needs some new attacks, but I'm sure they'll come....eventually. I just hope it doesn't lose it's personality and still get's screen time when it evolves.

Writers better not have Ash release it dammit.
    Don't worry, Ash will never release Scraggy. Reason being that he was hatched from an egg, so he's emotionally attached to Ash to the point that he'd explode if he was released. I can see why Ash would release Swadloon, but I don't see it happening.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I was going to make the argument that Doryuzu is pretty dragonesque as far as non dragon Isshu pokemon go, but then I actually looked at the dex. The argument still kinda stands, but than again everyone's interpretation of dragonesque is highly variable. It's mammalian, which is kinda a big no, but as far as Isshu mammals go it's a pretty dragony one.

PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

I always thought Excadrill was included because its Japanese name shares its first character with the Japanese term for Dragon-type. リュウズ Doryuzu vs. ラゴン Dragon.

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

^ It's name also contains 'ryu', which is japanese for 'Dragon'.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

It only has Ryu because of a pun...

That whole "Iris getting nothing but Dragon Pokemon" theory is dead anyway thanks to a certain flying squirrel

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure the Japanese word for moles in itself actually means "dirt dragon", so I think the writers are indeed taking advantage of that.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So where did the idea of Ash getting Palpatoad come from? Just cause its in two eps in a row?

There haven't been any Japanese toys suggesting Ash gets it, like with Scraggy, the bug or Gible, right?

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    So where did the idea of Ash getting Palpatoad come from? Just cause its in two eps in a row?

There haven't been any Japanese toys suggesting Ash gets it, like with Scraggy, the bug or Gible, right?
    I think there was actually...a card was it?

Blog Entries

I don't think so or someone would have posted it. Seems just like another rumor.

8D

Someone posted it on Serebii...on April Fool's Day. Obviously with no information since about Ash having a Palpitoad via toys, other pieces of merchandise, movie info, etc. It seems like mere coincidence imo.

I mean I wouldn't mind if it did get caught (well I sorta would for some reasons but I wouldn't for other reasons if that makes sense). But I do think that the Palpitoad in question in these recently revealed episodes could just be Trip's Palpitoad and the battle between Ash and Trip could be extended on to the next episode.

Or it could just be a wild Palpitoad that happened to show up in the episode. That's still plausible. I mean we'll see really soon. Anyway, I just can't wait until after the movie so that we can start some evos on Ash's team. More specifically, I'd really love to see Oshawott evolve either before or after the 4th gym.

Blog Entries

Yeah, but Korobooshi Kojiro/Habunake posted that. Being the infamous user that he was, I still remember when he made this thread back in 2007:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=201919

:D

Anyway, I think he was pulling our leg like usual.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

It was Habunake, so you can more or less discount its validity. And no Palipitoad on that lunchbox, not going to be on the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatΛiver View Post
    It was Habunake, so you can more or less discount its validity. And no Palipitoad on that lunchbox, not going to be on the cast.
    don't really trust the lunchbox either since it has a Fraxure on it, yet we know Axew's staying as is until the movie due to recent adds, plus weren't there other pokemon that don't belong to the group on that thing as well?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblazer View Post
    don't really trust the lunchbox either since it has a Fraxure on it, yet we know Axew's staying as is until the movie due to recent adds, plus weren't there other pokemon that don't belong to the group on that thing as well?
    They were all pokemon that appeared in episodes recently though, like Cottonee was on it, etc.

I think the only one there that hasn't had an episode yet was the little ice polar bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    They were all pokemon that appeared in episodes recently though, like Cottonee was on it, etc.

I think the only one there that hasn't had an episode yet was the little ice polar bear.
    which proves that it's not reliable.

Keep in mind that it appears for the upcoming movies, only Pikachu, Scraggy and the starters are getting focused on and not whoever has the "rotation" slot, so while yes him catching palpitoad is basically a 50/50 thing right now, i wouldn't rule it out.