Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 236

Page 236 of 375 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 5614
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Puppetmaster View Post
    No, but was Ash even shown training his Pokémon back then? With each new saga, more of his Pokémon develop and evolve; also in each new saga, he ranks higher in the league (with the exception of the Ever Grande Conference, but that's still impressive considering he used the same six Pokémon throughout the league's entirety).
    We was thinking in the same way about "main-girl"'s screentime/focus and look what happened in BW. In many ways, BW saga is resembling the anime's Takeshi Shudo era. I think possibility of Mijumaru's evolving is near to 50/50.

Could you really imagine Charmander defeating Articuno or Treecko knocking out Darkrai?
    cough*Pikachu*cough...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    We was thinking in the same way about "main-girl"'s screentime/focus and look what happened in BW. In many ways, BW saga is resembling the anime's Takeshi Shudo era. I think possibility of Mijumaru's evolving is near to 50/50.
    That's a good point. I was mainly trying to show why it would be more important for Oshawott to evolve rather than Piplup, though (I got a bit off-topic there...^^'). But yeah, Oshawott really could go either way with evolution considering it's comic relief the way it is now and does resemble Piplup; I personally think it will become a Samurott by BW's end, though.

cough*Pikachu*cough...
    I try to ignore those two instances TBH.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

This seems unlikely, but maybe Ash caught a Tympole or Palpitoad in the fishing episode?

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I mean the same issue kinda arises with Kibago, but we more or less know he's going to evolve. He isn't a starter, but he's in front of us a lot of the time, and we've been told that he really wants to become an Ononokus

Yeah, Samurot and Haxorus may not sell plush toys but they certainly can sell action figures and other merchandise oriented towards boys like Charizard, Sceptile, Blaziken, and Infernape did. Not to mention the possibility for samurai-themed episodes write themselves after Samurot evolves. Samurot vs Gallade. The Magnificent Seven Samurot. Lone Samurot and Oshawott.

For obvious reasons, Serperior can't really fill out the role of "powerful and masculine evolved starter" this series.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

Scraggy is by far my favorite Pokemon on Best Wishes so far. I don't mind it's slow development. It's needs some new attacks, but I'm sure they'll come....eventually. I just hope it doesn't lose it's personality and still get's screen time when it evolves.

Writers better not have Ash release it dammit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Scraggy is by far my favorite Pokemon on Best Wishes so far. I don't mind it's slow development. It's needs some new attacks, but I'm sure they'll come....eventually. I just hope it doesn't lose it's personality and still get's screen time when it evolves.
    He's in my top 2 just behind Tsutarja in terms of preferrence, but I agree that its developpement is gonna be slow but interesting. One thing I noticed was that Zuruzukin and Onondo are supposed to be the same height, so it does beg the question, will Kibago actually fully evolve while it's on the show?

Overall Zuruggu's personality is definitely a plus as far as Best Wishes in concerned.

Writers better not have Ash release it dammit.
    He's not the pokémon Ash should release... coughkurumayucough

Speaking of, am I the only one who's more and more unsure we'll see Kurumayu fully evolved? technically, the writers have already featured its evolved form in a big way in the Arti match so I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed the same or was released as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Speaking of, am I the only one who's more and more unsure we'll see Kurumayu fully evolved? technically, the writers have already featured its evolved form in a big way in the Arti match so I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed the same or was released as is.
    Saying that will mean that Snivy or Tepig will not evolve either because of Bianca and Trip having them. I think Snivy will evolve once and Tepig might evolve or stay as it is.
    Do not ask me that you have a chance to be a mod, I will not take the job if it is to leave the forum.

my friend Pichu90 made my avatar.

Blog Entries

Well, why should it not evolve just because we saw its evolution? It evolves through being close with its Trainer, and close bonds is what Ash is all about. (That, and several cans of Red Tauros and caffeine pills.)

Just because we saw its evolution doesn't really mean the Pokemon won't evolve. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense at this point.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Is Sewaddle really that bad of a pokemon to you?

Is it really that detrimental to Ash's team.

While I like Snivy, I personally don't see what everyone loves in it so much, it's just a Buizel and Treeco 2.0
    "Cause Everytime we Touch, I get this feeling, and everytime we kiss, I swear I can fly! Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last, need you by my side!"-Cascada

Blog Entries

DP long ago wrecked the idea that if someone else has an evo, then Ash can't have it. Gym Leaders are of no concern to me since we don't see them too often. (at least not as often as recurring rivals and whatnot) Despite that Paul had both Torterra AND Gliscor, Ash still evoed his pokes those forms. (although this meant Paul's own Gliscor was Put on a Bus and his Torterra didn't get to see the league) Pika not evolving was just a foregone conclusion, since it'd be too risky to change the mascot of the ENTIRE FRANCHISE. I'm just glad they resolved the thunderstone once and for all, and we don't have to worry about it anymore. Whether Piplup would evo or not was something that was always in the air. Both of his evolved forms appeared in the show, being possessed by rival characters before it was finally decided to Everstone him. One could argue that his co-mascot status made it inevitable, but you have to remember this was the first time a pokemon was given equal billing with Pika. We really could not say for certain what they would do with it. It would've still been safe to assume that Piplup would stay Piplup.

BW is quite confusing about how it's handling it's pokemon. At first, it seemed Axew would co-star, but it is certainly being downplayed for being on the show as often as it is. Also, the starters are frequently shown with Pika. I don't recall the starters being shown with Pika as much before, but my memory is fuzzy on the matter. We have two recurring characters, both with evolved forms of the starters, but like I said, that could mean nothing. Worry if a recurring character shows up with the FULLY evolved form on top of the characters that are already around.

In this venue, Axew is surprisingly the least threatened, since no one has it's evolved forms, and now that it has mastered Dragon Rage, the path is open for it evolve at any time. Tepig is the next least threatened simply because there really isn't much to him. Bianca having Pignite is again of little consequence, but I will still watch it closely. After some deliberation, perhaps Snivy has more of a chance to evo than Osha does right now. Don't get me wrong, I like Osha and I do want to see it evolve, but it has a dangerous mix of qualities: Comic relief and top billed starter. (Admittedly, top billed starter could also work in Osha's favor) Osha could more snugly fit into the role of co-mascot, although I do not believe that term truly fits any one poke right now. Snivy is only threatened by the fact it beat it's evolved form. Little else holds it down.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    I'm just glad they resolved the thunderstone.
    Here's an idea: one of the TRio gets a Eelekrtik or something. They have the Thunderstone, right?

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cascada View Post
    Is Sewaddle really that bad of a pokemon to you?
    Yes

Is it really that detrimental to Ash's team.
    Yes, but that's not what I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    DP long ago wrecked the idea that if someone else has an evo, then Ash can't have it.
    I was more referring to the writers having a "Highlander approach" to showcasing non-starter pokémon. There can only be one.

Sure Paul had a Gliscor but was it even seen on screen after Ash's evolved? (Once, I think, in DP100 where it was just in the background) Starters or pokémon with noticable gender difference are of course gonna be focused on by more than one character, but the Sewaddle line doesn't really have that many defining characteristics that haven't been showcased through Arti's Leavanny and with the writers having more pokémon to showcase than before, I'm kinda wondering if the writers didn't give Ash a Sewaddle and a Swadloon because they needed to showcase the line outside of Arti's Leavanny.

Though there's many cases of gym leaders and Ash sharing species, I don't know.

Blog Entries

Hellion, Sewaddle isn't that bad of a pokemon. It's your bias that gets in the way of liking it. If Gible came back, you would be head over heels, whether it took the screentime of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF ASH'S POKEMON, or not.
    "Cause Everytime we Touch, I get this feeling, and everytime we kiss, I swear I can fly! Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last, need you by my side!"-Cascada

Blog Entries

I was more referring to the writers having a "Highlander approach" to showcasing non-starter pokémon. There can only be one.
    There are MANY instances of Ash getting a Pokemon species that debuted long before Ash caught them. So what are you talking about?

Sure Paul had a Gliscor but was it even seen on screen after Ash's evolved?
    Because Burgh is a recurring character we'll see every ten to fifteen episodes, right? Wow, I'm sorry Hellion, but you're not making any sense whatsoever. I know you hate Ash's Swadloon, but that cannot be why you're acting like this.

I'm kinda wondering if the writers didn't give Ash a Sewaddle and a Swadloon because they needed to showcase the line outside of Arti's Leavanny.
    Yeah, I'm sorry Hellion, but I think your brain overloaded or something, and it needs to be cooldown (if you've seen Dexter's Laboratory, think of the one where Dexter's brain overloaded resulting in him being brainless throughout the episode), because you cannot really be serious.

Since when did the writer's ever care about showcasing a whole line? If that was the case. The main characters would be catching all the Pokemon and releasing them once they've done their job.

I half take it back what I said before, I'm starting to think this is is partially because you hate Ash's Swadloon, because you want it to be released without hesitation, without a second thought, so you want it to be released before it has a chance to evolve.

But if that was the case why not just say that. Instead of using a disproven theory as the one you're using.