Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 235

Page 235 of 375 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 5622
Like Tree676Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

  1. #3511
    Rock Music is Amazing CrazySillyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Olivine City
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    I always thought if Oshawott were to evolve, and Ash is supposed to win the Ishuu League, Oshawott is the one that would win it for him, but then again, wouldn't Pikachu win Ash his very first League, or Charizard?

    Who knows? I definitely DON'T wanna see Serperior vs Serperior, that definitely does NOT need to happen, lol.

  2. #3512
    My Sword Hand Twitches! Owain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,024
    Blog Entries
    67

    Follow Owain on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    ^^ Y U NO LIEK Grass Snakes? ;+;

  3. #3513
    Rock Music is Amazing CrazySillyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Olivine City
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    ^^ Y U NO LIEK Grass Snakes? ;+;
    Haha, no, I actually love Serperior, I love snakes in general. The thing is, Serperior vs Serperior in the League would be boring, although I wouldn't mind seeing it for a split second just for laughs, I can see Dento and Iris commenting or making a face.

    I like the Snivy line, I just don't like battles between exact same pokemon, we didn't get a Torterra vs Torterra, why get a Serperior vs Serperior. That's even if Snivy evolves.

    If Mijumaru evolves, I would rather have everyone go all the way, if not, then I'm cool with Snivy and Tepig evolving all the way, or however the writers feel suitable.

    As much as I would like to believe Ash will win this League, it seems very hard to imagine with this pace, and his current team. Maybe the writers will have him make a set back and come in Top 16 again to start from scratch. It'd be a nice plot twist if Ash lost to Trip wouldn't it?

    Haha, no it wouldn't, I'm just saying that....

    But seriously speaking here, with Ash's current pace, BW's current pace, and the lack of old generation pokemon there is, we may see Ash for many more generations to come.

    We still haven't reached 1000, in episodes or in Pokemon.

  4. #3514
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eitaroo View Post
    I just want Oshawott to evolve because 1) Samurott is awesome (evolve twice, damn you!) 2) so people can stop using that stupid "Water type curse" nonsense...
    Yeah!

    Oshawott is like Chimchar and Treecko from Unova, let's pray for it evolve twice. :P

  5. #3515
    Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,224

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    I prefer Mijumaru to its evolved forms. So BIAS, deal with it.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

  6. #3516
    Tyro Nitar Tyro-Nitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    191
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Ash is a TRAINER and Dawn participates in contests.. they're two different characters with different goals.. So, stop comparing Oshawott for Piplup because at the first place, their trainers has different goals :D

    i sure want Oshawott evolving into Samurott. If i were to compare Oshawott to Ash's previous Pokemon, it is Donphan rather than Sceptile (this generation's Snivy) or Charizard (Tepig because it has a similar plot). Someone who had been fully evolved but retain it's previous behavior :D..
    Pokemon White FC: 4813 9068 9493 - MAIN
    Pokemon Black FC: 4727 9278 7280

  7. #3517
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,342

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Personally I feel the starters need to go through changes before any of them are capable of evolving.

    Snivy: needs to find the "urge" to evolve, cause despite fighting evolved pokemon, she has shown no intrest in gaining more power.

    Tepig: Needs to be trained more, it's victories over Pansear and Herdier only go so far.

    Oshawott: Needs to tone down the kid personality and mature a little.

  8. #3518
    Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,224

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyro-Nitar View Post
    Ash is a TRAINER and Dawn participates in contests.. they're two different characters with different goals.. So, stop comparing Oshawott for Piplup because at the first place, their trainers has different goals :D
    Do you mean coordinators doesn't have evolved pokemon? That's not true at all. Piplup didn't evolve because he was a cute mascot like Pikachu. Mijumaru's role in the BW saga is similar to Piplup's role in the DP saga. So it's not farfetched at all.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

  9. #3519
    You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,894
    Blog Entries
    780

    Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Do you mean coordinators doesn't have evolved pokemon? That's not true at all. Piplup didn't evolve because he was a cute mascot like Pikachu. Mijumaru's role in the BW saga is similar to Piplup's role in the DP saga. So it's not farfetched at all.
    So it's not Farfetch'd at all. :)

    I think Miju has a good chance of evolving. I can see why people might think otherwise, based on previous Water-types Ash owned. But it's not like there's some set rule, right?
    Last edited by Karamazov; 23rd April 2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Added a playful smile.

    "Playing around?" Wrong.

  10. #3520
    Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,224

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I think Miju has a good chance of evolving. I can see why people might think otherwise, based on previous Water-types Ash owned. But it's not like there's some set rule, right?
    What about Krabby? It was water-type.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

  11. #3521
    You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,894
    Blog Entries
    780

    Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    What about Krabby? It was water-type.
    It wasn't on his main team, so that may be why people would discount it.

    "Playing around?" Wrong.

  12. #3522
    I'm Alive The Puppetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Broadway
    Posts
    2,086
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Do you mean coordinators doesn't have evolved pokemon? That's not true at all. Piplup didn't evolve because he was a cute mascot like Pikachu. Mijumaru's role in the BW saga is similar to Piplup's role in the DP saga. So it's not farfetched at all.
    I think the point Tyro-Nitar is trying to make is that in contests, the strongest Pokémon don't always win; what matters more is how the trainers execute their Pokémon's moves. With trainer battles, it doesn't matter how the Pokémon use their moves (though it would be nice if some strategy was involved) as long as they're the last one standing in the end.

    Naturally, evolved Pokémon will be stronger than unevolved ones. Therefore, it didn't matter as much if Piplup evolved or not because it was a contest Pokémon - one that didn't need as much power as possible to win as long as it was more graceful while battling. Mijumaru, however, needs the strength that comes with evolution more than Piplup because it's involved in trainer battles where the winner is decided upon who can knock out the other Pokémon first rather than in a time-based battle where whoever has the most points by the end wins.

    That's why I think Mijumaru should evolve.

  13. #3523
    Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,261
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I think Miju has a good chance of evolving. I can see why people might think otherwise, based on previous Water-types Ash owned. But it's not like there's some set rule, right?
    Agreed. I want Miju to evolve. I mean, I love the cute little guy the way he is, but it will only benefit him, and will be a great addition to Ash's team.

    It's about time Ash gets a completely evolved water starter. Let's hope Mijumaru is it.

  14. #3524
    Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,224

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    So, "Takeshi Shudo-Era" Satoshi was a coordinator? I get it...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

  15. #3525
    I'm Alive The Puppetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Broadway
    Posts
    2,086
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    So, "Takeshi Shudo-Era" Satoshi was a coordinator? I get it...
    No, but was Ash even shown training his Pokémon back then? With each new saga, more of his Pokémon develop and evolve; also in each new saga, he ranks higher in the league (with the exception of the Ever Grande Conference, but that's still impressive considering he used the same six Pokémon throughout the league's entirety). I'm not saying it's absolutely necessary for Pokémon to evolve in order to win, but it can significantly increase the Pokémon's strength as shown by Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, etc. Could you really imagine Charmander defeating Articuno or Treecko knocking out Darkrai?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •