Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 5617
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I'd say more likely than not.
    Pokemon that are marketable sell well. So we don't know if it will evolve. Togepi, Pikachu, Piplup, Mijumaru, Zuruggu, Victini, Tsutarja, Pokabu, Kurumiru, Kibago, Yanappu, and other Pokemon are marketable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Pokemon that are marketable sell well. So we don't know if it will evolve. Togepi, Pikachu, Piplup, Mijumaru, Zuruggu, Victini, Tsutarja, Pokabu, Kurumiru, Kibago, Yanappu, and other Pokemon are marketable.
    Except "Kurumiru" evolved only after 6 or so episodes (4 in the episodes that actually aired). And "Kibago" actually wants to evolve.

And before any one responds to my last post with "My goodness you seem to really hate Piplup" I'm only heated and incensed with the whole comparing Oshawott to Piplup.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Except "Kurumiru" evolved only after 6 or so episodes (4 in the episodes that actually aired). And "Kibago" actually wants to evolve.

And before any one responds to my last post with "My goodness you seem to really hate Piplup" I'm only heated and incensed with the whole comparing Oshawott to Piplup.
    I meant "Kurumayu".

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I think Mijumaru is going to evolve.

Honestly, the only starter out of Ash's team who I don't see evolving at all or evolving by the end of Isshu is Tsutarja. Mijumaru is getting too much screentime for him not to evolve, and the only reason why Piplup remained un-evolved was because he was intended to be a mascot like Pikachu along with Dawn's co-star status.

Also Piplup had the cute appeal Dawn needed for the contest, Mijumaru needs to evolve and get badass for the league.

Rock Music is Amazing CrazySillyMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Meanwhile a Pokemon that wants to get stronger, is most likely destined to evolve. So like I said it would be out of character for Oshawott to refuse to evolve.
    Mijumaru is not Kibago. Kibago may want to evolve, but Mijumaru maybe does not. Refuse is also such a strong word to use. Squirtle never refused to evolve, and look where it is now, still a Squirtle.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm bias. I want Oshawott to stay the same because I think its cute, and I'm not to big on its second stage. So, if it never evolves, I won't cry myself to sleep because a) I don't want it to & b) it's nothing this fanbase hasn't seen before, in terms of Ash's water starters

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Turquois View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm bias. I want Oshawott to stay the same because I think its cute, and I'm not to big on its second stage. So, if it never evolves, I won't cry myself to sleep because a) I don't want it to & b) it's nothing this fanbase hasn't seen before, in terms of Ash's water starters
    True none of Ash's water pokemon sans Kingler have evolved, but none of Ash's water pokemon have received the focus that Oshawott is getting. I personally see Oshawott fully evolving with Tsutarja and Pokabu evolving atleast once. Tsutarja has shown that it's strong but the thing is I've noticed that her size allows her to be tossed around by bigger opponents easily.

Freakin Adorable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Oshawott is almost definitely going to evolve. Stop thinking about Piplup.

Oshawott is the Treecko or Chimchar of this gen.
    This.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Because it belongs to Ash. Ash isn't some girl character who can get away with cute and adorable Pokemon
    Squirtle? Bulbasaur? Totodile? Gible? Buoysel? Every other cute unevolved pokemon he owns?
    The thing is, there is no cute girl co-star this time around. With Iris and Dent not being on the same level as Dawn, Ash is the closest thing they've got to that level of importance. What you don't seem to understand is that this is a highly marketable pokemon we're talking about here. They're going to want to feature it in as many battles as possible to make it appear cooler for the kids watching. And that's adding to all the random appearences it makes in episodes that barely involve it.

I didn't even say it definately won't evolve. I just think it's unfair to write off the argument that this is a very popular character that makes the company a lot of money, and therefore there's a chance they might not be willing to let go of it. You can chuck all the talk about how it wants to be stronger or whatever at me all you want, but nothing changes the fact that, yes, it was more than likely conciously designed to resemble Piplup, and yes, it has a comical and loud personallity in order to give it more presence in the show.

I don't care if it looks like a Piplup-expy
    That's your problem, then. It was wasn't designed that way for shits and giggles, it looks like that for a reason.

It would be completely and utterly stupid if only one or none of Ash's starters evolve.
    I can't speak for Tsutarja, as I think she can go either way. But in any case, this is exactly why I mentioned him catching Palpitoad would be their way of compensating for that.

And look at Oshawott's character. It's striving to always be the best. Piplup wasn't like that at all. It was never striving to be the best Pokemon for Dawn.
    Uhh, yeah, it was. It was proud and pompous and was always trying to outdo other pokemon. And in the end, it ended up as Dawn's best.

Again though, wanting to be stronger doesn't mean it's going to evolve. There have been countless pokemon on this show that have gone through harsh training etc, yet still remained as-is, either for a given reason or none at all. I don't get why you're acting as if that is a foreign concept, because it's not.

In any case, I don't really want to drag this out any longer. I know for a fact that this is just going to amount to 'agree to disagree' and I don't really want to get into another argument that doesn't go anywhere. For what it's worth, all I was getting at was that it's mascot-isms should not be ignored.
    Last edited by Grave-E; 22nd April 2011 at 04:02 PM.

Blog Entries

I agree with Grave-E. While I hope that Mijumaru evolves, I could easily see them not evolving it because it's a cash cow in merchandising, especially since there's no one but Ash to really advertise pokémon. Though, if that's true, I hope Ash doesn't catch Gamagaru to compensate. He already has too many pokémon on his unova team and with one overlaping type pair. Not enough focus on most of his pokémon already. One more pokémon would be overkill.

If Oshawott doesn't evolve, that will mean that in 5 generations Ash has NEVER had any of his water starters evolve at all. This is heightened even more if one includes Dawn's Piplup. It's a kick in the face to pretty much all the water-starters already.

Also, it's not like Oshawott's evolutions are unpopular like Piplup's were. When people saw Piplup's evolutions the reaction was "Wow, that got ugly fast." When people saw Oshawott's evolutions people went "Bad Ass."
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oshawott evolving is a given. It may not happen till somewhere around Gyms 5 or 6 though.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I really hope that Oshawott evolves. I can kind of see him being the Charizard/Infernape this gen. Like being Ash's powerhouse with more focus than any other character.

I suspect if any of Ash's Pokemon will not evolve at all it will be Snivy. That is, less limbs makes it harder for animators to express emotion with it (remember Glalie), and Trip is already going to have the evolutions anyways. There's also the level of memetic popularity Snivy has achieved that isn't really applicable to its evolutions. It's also been shown to be exceptionally powerful it's base form which is similar to Corphish and etc.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

I just want Oshawott to evolve because 1) Samurott is awesome (evolve twice, damn you!) 2) so people can stop using that stupid "Water type curse" nonsense...

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

I don't want Miju to evolve twice, actually. I think evolving once is fine because Futachimaru can keep Mijumaru's personality. Daigenki looks way awesome, but I prefer the cute bruiser that is Mijumaru/Futachimaru.

I personally think the starter that won't evolve is Pokabu actually. I don't think the writers want another fully evolved fire-starter with Goukazaru so fresh in everyone's minds. Last series the story revolved around Satoshi's relationship with Hikozaru --> Moukazaru --> Goukazaru (and Hikari's relationship with Potchama). This series I think will be marked by Satoshi's relationship with Mijumaru. Which is why it's likely that Miju will go all the way to Daigenki, even when it's so much more quirky and cute as a Miju/Futachi(maru). The only redeeming quality about Miju going all the way would be, for me, if Miju remains the same personality but takes a level in badass, like Glion did.

That said, the starter that stands out greatly to me going all the way is Tsutarja.