Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 233

Page 233 of 375 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 5619
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Pokabu does have a background; it was abandoned.
    I wonder why I remembered Chimchar and Charmander after reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Pigs are cool, and this bacon is self-heated. :P
    Well, I prefer snakes and otters :P

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

Well the thing is Tepig is also pretty timid because he has a fear that Ash will abandon him if he looses.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    When I said personality, I meant "a different personality from previous starter pokémon owned by Ash". Tepig's "personality" is blank, at least to me. Again, I must say that I don't hate Tepig or anything like that. I just want to see Snivy and/or Oshawott evolving in first place.
    Um...Zenigame was funny so was Totodile. So I guess Mijumaru has no personality right?

Tsutarja acts sort of like Kimori so I guess she's got no personality right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Um...Zenigame was funny so was Totodile. So I guess Mijumaru has no personality right?

Tsutarja acts sort of like Kimori so I guess she's got no personality right?
    Stop the irony, man.

I do not think Totodile was funny, it just used to jump and dance every time. Squirtle funny? When? And Snivy looks a lot like Treecko, but she has some crucial differences. I also do not remember Totodile, Squirtle and Oshawott being abandoned by their previous trainers. The same goes to Treecko and Snivy. The last one is the opposite, SHE abandoned her trainer. Treecko did something like that?

Blog Entries

I wonder why I remembered Chimchar and Charmander after reading this.
    So, you do agree that it has a background? :P

I can understand wanting to see some Pokémon evolve more than others, but I don't see why we should deny certain qualities about the Pokémon to justify our opinions. I don't want Mijumaru to evolve simply because I don't like the extra attention it gets over the other Pokémon; I'm not going to say that it doesn't have a personality as a reason for it to not evolve.

Blog Entries

Stop the irony, man.

I do not think Totodile was funny, it just used to jump and dance every time. Squirtle funny? When? And Snivy looks a lot like Treecko, but she has some crucial differences. I also do not remember Totodile, Squirtle and Oshawott being abandoned by their previous trainers. The same goes to Treecko and Snivy. The last one is the opposite, SHE abandoned her trainer. Treecko did something like that?
    Zenigame and Totodile were funny. For children not adults that is. So that means they have no personality right?

Kimori and Tsutarja act a like and quiet and cool.

Rock Music is Amazing CrazySillyMan's Avatar

I don't want Miju to evolve either, but it's like damn, with that mentality, will Ash ever get an evolved water starter? lol

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oshawott is almost definitely going to evolve. Stop thinking about Piplup.

Oshawott is the Treecko or Chimchar of this gen.

Rock Music is Amazing CrazySillyMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Oshawott is almost definitely going to evolve. Stop thinking about Piplup
    Piplup never belonged to Ash. Him and Dawn are two totally different characters.

I don't think so, its very far from either of the two.

Blog Entries

Let's see, one of Ash's starters that tends to get the most screentime and be the star of his team other than Pikachu?

Both Treecko and Chimchar tended to get more spotlight than the other members of Ash's team at the time, and this time around it is Oshawott. I really don't understand the comparison to Piplup simply because of the color scheme. Oshawott is still not in every single episode and any mascot of BW seems to be Axew, and we know its evolving eventually.

To be honest I'm surprised people don't think it'll evolve. Right from day 1 it seems to be his first starter that actually does evolve.

Blog Entries

Oshawott is almost definitely going to evolve. Stop thinking about Piplup.

We don't know that for sure though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    We don't know that for sure though.
    It's kind of obvious, though.
    Last edited by Akaiyou; 22nd April 2011 at 11:34 AM.

Blog Entries

I'd say more likely than not.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

To be honest I'm surprised people don't think it'll evolve. Right from day 1 it seems to be his first starter that actually does evolve.
    It's in pretty much every episode, like Piplup. It acts like Piplup. It even looks like Piplup. How is it at all unreasonable to come to the conclusion that, maybe, just maybe, they're trying their hand at repeating the success that character had by keeping around another one who fills out the exact same role?

As for being Ash's most used starter? Of course it is. How else are they going to show it off as much as possible? If it went to Iris or Dent, it would not get the same amount of exposure it gets now. Being used a lot and getting progressivly stronger doesn't automatically mean it's going to evolve. Like Piplup, all that means is they're willing to milk it dry.

Granted, I agree that there's always a chance that it could evolve. If it were to happen though, I'd expect it to be late into the series, where changing the character wouldn't be as, for lack of a better word, 'risky' as it is now. But going by that past example, I just don't feel there's any reason to assume it will definately happen.
    Last edited by Grave-E; 22nd April 2011 at 12:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    It's in pretty much every episode, like Piplup. It acts like Piplup. It even looks like Piplup. How is it at all unreasonable to come to the conclusion that, maybe, just maybe, they're trying their hand at repeating the success that character had by keeping around another one who fills out the exact same role?
    Because it belongs to Ash. Ash isn't some girl character who can get away with cute and adorable Pokemon. This is Ash, a trainer, who wants the win the Unova League.

As for being Ash's most used starter? Of course it is. How else are they going to show it off as much as possible? If it went to Iris or Dent, it would not get the same amount of exposure it gets now.
    Trust me, if it was Iris's or Cilan's Pokemon then there would be no difference except that it might not battle as much.

Being used a lot and getting progressivly stronger doesn't automatically mean it's going to evolve. Like Piplup, all that means is they're willing to milk it dry.
    Except on the other hand we have Snivy, who is powerful, doesn't get seen a lot, and to some is highly unlikely to evolve. It would be completely and utterly stupid if only one or none of Ash's starters evolve.

And look at Oshawott's character. It's striving to always be the best. Piplup wasn't like that at all. It was never striving to be the best Pokemon for Dawn. It was a brat, and selfish Pokemon that didn't want to evolve.

How is Oshawott like that at all? I don't care if it looks like a Piplup-expy. there are severe differences between the two. Regardless if you would call them improvements on an experiment or not. It is totally in-character for Oshawott to evolve. It would be out of character if it refused to evolve.

I mean we never saw Piplup overcome it's difficulties. It was handed hydro pump out of the writer's ass as if it actually deserved it when it didn't.

Unlike Oshawott, who we actually see being developed into a powerful character. At first it thought it was all that but was really a coward and had to be persuaded into battle. Then when it started winning, or accepting its losses, what we see in BW031 (and BW025) it wants to go against a Pokemon that it knows is stronger than it. It definitely wants to be chosen over any other Pokemon and gets upset when it doesn't.

And in BW031 we saw Oshawott willing to get stronger. It had the rock on its back and was doing push ups to get stronger. All it wants is to be stronger and to be Ash's favorite.

Piplup? Don't make me laugh, it doesn't even come close to reaching Oshawott's character. And being a brat is probably the main reason why it refused to evolve, because it wanted to stay like it was and not change.

Meanwhile a Pokemon that wants to get stronger, is most likely destined to evolve. So like I said it would be out of character for Oshawott to refuse to evolve.