Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 229

Page 229 of 375 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 5615
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I think a great fit for Jessie and James respectively are Frillish (female) and Ferroseed, preferably with evolutions. Frillish is probably going to be pompous, and Ferroseed is very spiky. Perhaps by doing this, they will promote a known combo in competitive battling using Jellicent and Ferrothorn as a defensive core, which fits the duo's teamwork nature.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Doubtful since Trip already has one.

And they've never shared a Pokemon before...

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaroo View Post
    Doubtful since Trip already has one.

And they've never shared a Pokemon before...
    The difference is the genders, but who knows? It might be possible. Besides, I think female Frillish looks good with Jessie.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    I think a great fit for Jessie and James respectively are Frillish (female) and Ferroseed, preferably with evolutions. Frillish is probably going to be pompous, and Ferroseed is very spiky. Perhaps by doing this, they will promote a known combo in competitive battling using Jellicent and Ferrothorn as a defensive core, which fits the duo's teamwork nature.

Thanks for reading.
    I tend to agree that Frillish isn't a good match for Jessie.
    Ferroseed for James would work.

More likely are Purrloin and Tympole. Devious tactics and resistance against Ash's starter.

Vullaby and Durant would be other options.

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Choroneko for either of the Rockets would be cool, but I just can't see them having two "evil" cats in the main cast. It would be interesting to see how Choroneko and Nyasu would work together, but eh... It just sounds so weird to me!

y team

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    Choroneko for either of the Rockets would be cool, but I just can't see them having two "evil" cats in the main cast. It would be interesting to see how Choroneko and Nyasu would work together, but eh... It just sounds so weird to me!
    Yes, I do hope this happens. *drinks fancy tea* This would be so shippable.

I think James might catch a Maractus. The gag of him getting hurt won't continue (and he'll have to put his foot down and make it clear that he won't be having any of that during work), and it'll continue a pattern of him having pointy things.

I'd like to think that Scrafty will evolve - its evolution is too derp not to have it on the main cast.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

I hope Jessie catch a Ghost and James a Psychic. Maybe a Golett for Jessie and a Elgyem for James.

Evolve threw trade master Smugraptor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Yes, I do hope this happens. *drinks fancy tea* This would be so shippable.

I think James might catch a Maractus. The gag of him getting hurt won't continue (and he'll have to put his foot down and make it clear that he won't be having any of that during work), and it'll continue a pattern of him having pointy things.

I'd like to think that Scrafty will evolve - its evolution is too derp not to have it on the main cast.
    Yeah, I think James wouldn't catch Maractus because that has already been done in the past with James and Cacnea. But I agree that Ash's Scraggy will evolve, because its just to good of a option to miss for a plot in the show.
    Hoping for a great new episode every week

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Ash: Pawniard?
    Iris: Cubchoo/ Mienfoo?
    Cilan: Vanillish/ Klink?
    Jessie: Heatmor?
    James: Durant?

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, if the writers follow up with the 3 for Jessie, 3 for James route...

Jessie
    * Swoobat: I don't see any reason not to evolve Woobat, as Swoobat doesn't seem "off-limits" for Team Rocket or anything, so I'd like to see this evolution down the line. Of course, I imagine there won't be much fanfare attached to the evolution and perhaps it may just evolve in a random filler episode like Ekans and Koffing did back in the day...alright, I guess that doesn't make it filler, but honestly, the Diglett episode had NOTHING to do with Ekans and Koffing evolving whatsoever. :0

* Gurdurr: Kind of an unusual choice, I guess, but I think it'd be interesting for Jessie to get a bulky dude like this...perhaps he could even have a weird crush on Jessie. Plus, Gurdurr just gives off this quirky vibe, and I'd love to see him wield around that girder. I don't think he should evolve, though, as Conkeldurr seems a bit "too much" for Team Rocket if you ask me.

* Cryogonal: Another weird choice, but it's a weird Pokemon, so, eh. It has that look of goofy evil that most Team Rocket Pokemon have.

James
    * Yamask: I don't see it evolving...just because. I guess Cofagrigus has a look to me that doesn't scream reoccurring antagonist but rather a powerful one-shot Pokemon.

* Amoongus: LOOK AT THIS DUDE. Does anything scream Team Rocket Pokemon more than this guy? I don't think so! I can also kind of see him repeatedly trying to trick the twerps by pretending to be a Pokeball...

* Stunfisk: DERP DERP. But really, the way the Pokedex describes how it can blend in with the ground is something I always thought would be neat to see with Team Rocket...you know, a living trap basically.

So, yeah, just imagine Team Rocket bursting on to the scene with that group of Pokemon...it's magical, MAGICAL I tell you!

Oh, and I really want Dent to get Kling now for some reason, although I wonder since it seems like it might be one of those Pokemon who'll be hard to animate since it does that spinning thing in the games, so the animators might not wish to include it as a main character's Pokemon. But who knows?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Did you mean Kojondo would be awesome? Cause if so, I totally agree. The species has a grace and elegance that's very Dento. :)
    Oops, I meant to say I like Komatana's design. My bad. ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by Meron View Post
    Since Team Plasma already has Lepardas, I'm thinking the chances of either of the Rockets getting Choroneko is little.

Blog Entries

Anyone else taken back a little on Shooty capturing a Banipucchi? I was thinking that a Furiijio would have suited him a bit better.

Seeing as he is trying to catch more than the standard six, I think a Kirikizan would suit him.

Blog Entries

Bisharp is too awesome to be owned by Trip, imo.

Blog Entries
    Follow Appletree On Twitter

I actually think, that Ash/Trip will aquire Reshiram/Zekrom. Just for an epic battle in the league.

N will aquire Kyurem I guess.

The rest: James's Yamask will with no doubt, evolve and act like a new Wobbuffet/Chimeco/Mime Jr.. James will also capture Maractus that will act like Victreebel/Cacnea/Carnivine.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Anyone else taken back a little on Shooty capturing a Banipucchi? I was thinking that a Furiijio would have suited him a bit better.
    I thought Vanilite going to Shooty was odd too. But I guess I've got no room to talk, as I was holding out for it being a James capture. If only because the Vani familly very vaguely remind me of Koffing and it's evo. Happy little mist-spewing floaty thing, evolving into a two-headed, mist-spewing floaty thing?
    I guess it could've been considered unusual as a 'mon for the BW rockets but...eh. They're no strangers to owning weird pokemon. Plus they've currently got a cute fluffball and a woobie ghost in the ranks anyway.
    Last edited by Grave-E; 20th April 2011 at 03:40 PM.