Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 375 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

8D

^ Well going by the story line with Paul, I think Chimchar has some importance and more incentive to evolve. And like you said, the interview said that the writers would like to keep the starters as long as possible but Mr. Hidaka also said that pokemon evolve when there are big things coming up. And I think Infernape vs. Paul would be pretty big considering it would be a transformation for little Chimchar to become a powerful warrior (literally). There's a good chance for an evolution but it's just "when".

And I still think it wouldn't be rushing considering Dawn also has 3 more contests to go (and about 1-2 more contests to lose).

Look I'm done talking about Chimchar evolving...while you want it to evolve as soon as possible, I'm giving the writers a bit of time.

Now on to Dawn and Brock.

Piplup = Pikachu basically so I don't think it will evolve.
    Pachirisu - no evos
    Ambipom - done
    Buneary - I could see it evolving since it seemed to look up to Lopunny (I wouldn't mind either way since I find Buneary a cute match for Pikachu haha)
    Swinub - It's going to be a while before evolution...Piloswine in Snowpoint and Mamoswine in a probable BF?

Brock
    Croagunk - I find it too iconic to evolve imo
    Sudowoodo - done
    Happiny - I'm not sure with this one, I'd like it to evolve but I could still see it as a Happiny if the writers want Brock to have a baby like pokemon.

Ash:

Turtwig - I'm not sure. On one hand, mastering Energy Ball leaves Turtwig with nothing terribly interesting. On the other, Grotle wouldn't change things much, and if either of the starters are going to make it to their final form it'd be Chimchar. So I think Turtwig will stay as is.

Staravia - I have a similar position with Staravia. It's mastered Brave Bird, so what next? In this case I think it'll evolve once more.

Chimchar - No question, it'll make it to Infernape. I'm guessing it'll be a Monferno by the time of the sixth gym battle (since it'll be up against a Steel-type), and Infernape for the Pokemon League. Ash vs. Paul will cumulate with Infernape vs. Torterra, as well.

Buizel - It managed to hold its own against Lucario, so I think Buizel can stay as is.

Riolu - Ash will get the Riolu egg. No two ways around it, it has to happen. There's no way the writers would foreshadow aura so much and NOT let Ash have one in the end...

Hippopotas - Unless he gets this instead. I think the writers are setting up another Aipom situation.

Dawn:

Piplup - Will stay a Piplup. Forever.

Buneary - I think it'll evolve into Lopunny. It'll also get over Pikachu and set its sights on Brock's Croagunk =D

Swinub - I can't see why the writers would introduce a Johto Pokemon without intending it reaching its fourth gen evo, so I think it'll get to Mamoswine. Perhaps in Snowpoint.

Brock:

Croagunk - Won't evolve, for similar reasons to that of Buizel. It's powerful enough as it is.

Happiny - I think Brock's story will be resolved with Happiny evolving into a Chansey, then into a Blissey, and he goes on his own journey with Holly =)

Paul:

He seems to be lacking a Water Pokemon so I'm going to wager he acquires a Gyarados.

Jessie:

Sticking to the "three Pokemon for each TR member" I don't think she'll catch anything else, but...

James:

Mime Jr. won't evolve, Carnivine can't evolve - but I still think he'll get something. Stunky?

We need a Floatzel cuz it's so badass! Well, Wake's was ^_^
    ..and it's time for Ash to finally get a water-evo on a pokemon that is on his main team..

Pokémon Capture Expert paperfairy's Avatar

The anime has had too many Gyarados as is. If anything, Paul should capture a Kingdra.

don't like something? fix it. stop complaining about it.

If Ash gets Riolu and Chimchar evolves, then he'll have two fighting types!
    Isn't two flying types enough?
    Gliscor Cries! Staravia Flies! Lucario Dies! Meowth Lies! Pikachu Fries! Croagunk Sighs! Happiny Complies! Piplup Tries! Buneary shies! Wobbuffet surprise!

My eventual Platnum team; it can't come out soon enough!

Well on the upside of him having two fighters is it at least makes up for them shafting Primeape and never giving him a real fighting pokemon since.

Say what you will about Heracross but it was never treated nor acted like a fighter at all and was always used like a bug.

Blog Entries

I think Chimchar will evolve slightly earlier than the sixth gym battle. Does anyone remember how long May's Combusken stayed as is all the way to the end of Hoenn, and the Battle Frontier? I was expecting it to evolve into Blaziken by the Hoenn Grand Festival. If Chimchar evolves by the sixth gym, then we won't have much going on with it, and it'll be a rushed evolution by the end.

You know, no matter how good it sounds for Ash to have a Riolu, I'm really not peachy keen on it. That Hippopotas disappointed me, because I also wanted it to join the team.

No Sacrifice, No Victory Rosakai's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ash:

Pikachu-Nothing doing. No evolution.

Turtwig: At least to Grotle.

Gliscor: Finished.

Chimchar: All the Way to Infernape.

Starvia: To Staraptor, but I can see it being Oaked as it hasn't done anything worth mentioning since it evolved from Starly.

Buizel: To Floatzel.

As for new captures...Ash can catch any non-legendary EXCEPT Riolu. He doesn't need one and should never catch one. That goes for Lucario too. No Riolu or Lucario for Ash. EVER.

Dawn:

Piplup: at least to Prinplup; most likely during Dawn's last episode, but I really hope it happens sooner. (Honestly, people, if Piplup doesn't evolve at all, the writers will be making the same mistakes they made in Kanto AND Johto, and we don't want a rehash of that, now do we? No? That's what I thought. The days of keeping all the starters except one unevolved are over-Advance is proof of this.)

Pachirisu: Can't evolve unless it gets a fifth gen evo.

Swinub: I honestly can't see it evolving.

Ambipom: Finished.

Buneary: I can see it happening, but not for a while. She seemed to like Lopunny, which may show her desire to become one someday.

For Dawn's future captures...give her one of the Johto starters. Chikorita seems to be a good choice.

Brock:

Croagunk: I can't see him evolving either.

Sudowoodo: Finished.

Happiny: If she evolves, she'll most likely be given to a Nurse Joy somewhere.

Brock doesn't need to catch any more Pokemon...I think his team's just fine.
    Last edited by Rosakai; 28th July 2008 at 11:21 PM.

You may lose your faith in us, but never in yourselves. From here, the fight will be your own.

Quote Originally Posted by JB88 View Post
    If Chimchar evolves by the sixth gym, then we won't have much going on with it, and it'll be a rushed evolution by the end.
    My point exactly, it needs to evolve into Monferno asap so it's evolution doesn't seem forced and repeated of Charmeleon to Charizard.

That Hippopotas disappointed me, because I also wanted it to join the team.
    I'm glad he didn't catch that bubble blowing baby that still needs to be beaten senseless, plus Ash did just have donphan prior to sinnoh so i'd rather he not get another solid ground type.

Religion is a club Every Breaking Wave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For Ash, I can see the following:

Pikachu
    Turtwig --> Grotle
    Gliscor
    Chimchar --> Monferno (possibly Infernape in a League match vs. Paul)
    Staravia --> Staraptor
    Buizel

While I love Floatzel, I just can't see Buizel evolving; it's fine the way it is and it strikes me as being the sort who wouldn't want to evolve.

For Dawn...

While I want Piplup to evolve, I doubt it will happen.
    Ambipom is done
    Buneary... Lopunny is possible, but I love it the way it is
    Pachirisu is a no-no without a fifth gen
    Swinub should go all the way; it's the reason she caught it
    If she catches a sixth, my prediction is Bronzor

For Brock...

Sudowoodo is done
    Happiny... I can't see it evolving, to be honest. If it does, I think it will only evolve once, and likely around the League or during the add-on saga afterwards
    Croagunk won't evolve. It's more of a mascot than Piplup is.

Quote Originally Posted by Matkin22 View Post
    For Ash, I can see the following:

Pikachu
    Turtwig --> Grotle
    Gliscor
    Chimchar --> Monferno (possibly Infernape in a League match vs. Paul)
    Staravia --> Staraptor
    Buizel

While I love Floatzel, I just can't see Buizel evolving; it's fine the way it is and it strikes me as being the sort who wouldn't want to evolve.
    I'll say this much, even if the starters don't evolve, Buizel HAD BETTER do it, nothing is holding it back unlike poor Corphish who's evo had the dreaded dark element in it.

Also I agree on the subject of Ash getting at least one more pokemon before sinnoh's over, as to who it may be who knows.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblazer
    it needs to evolve into Monferno asap so it's evolution doesn't seem forced and repeated of Charmeleon to Charizard.
    With said "repeated Charmeleon to Charizard", I think it'd be awesome if it had the same attitude problem as well. That'd be a total backfire to what Ash was doing all that time as a Chimchar.

I also wanted Ash's Corphish to evolve too! I can't believe it, but it seems that if a Pokemon is powerful as is, then they won't evolve it. This isn't the case with Treecko.

I have heard ash might Oak turtwig and staravia and get riolu and hippopatas
    at the end of the sinnoh league

heres pokemon I we could see ash with

Pikachu(of Course)
    torterra or Grotle
    Infernape
    Flotsel
    Starapter
    riolu
    hippotas
    gliscor
    I haven't heard much about dawn but she might end up with these
    Piplup
    Lopunny
    Ambipom
    Pachirisu
    swinub
    brock im thing is going to have a
    Toxicroak
    happiny
    sudowoodo
    I've heard a lot about TRs pokemon they will get
    Vesiquen
    Tanegrowth
    aggron
    I've heard that in the end of DP they will regather all the pokemon they have lost and relesed that goes for all main characters

Blog Entries

I'm bored, so here's my predictions/hopes for the team rosters by the end of Sinnoh:

Ash:
    Pikachu
    Staraptor
    Grotle
    Infernape
    Floatzel
    Gliscor
    -For the love of Arceus, his Pokémon just need to start evolving already. o.o Having watched a few episodes of Battle Frontier recently, Ash's Sinnoh team is seriously depressing me.

Dawn:
    Piplup
    Buneary
    Pachirisu
    Ambipom
    Mamoswine
    -Mamoswine really... does not fit with the rest of her team at all, but why in the world else would she catch Swinub? I've pretty much given up any hope of Buneary evolving. Now watch Dawn unexpectedly get Lopunny within the next two months or something right after I said that. I kinda don't see her catching a sixth Pokémon, mostly because May never did. It'd be nice to see some more variety in Contests aside from Swinub, though~

Brock:
    Sudowoodo
    Croagunk
    Blissey
    -I once thought Happiny would never evolve, but then again I once thought Bonsly would never evolve (although I prayed that it would). It would be kind of strange to see a Chansey with the twerps, but whatever. I hope Happiny would still keep its super-strength after evolving. As for catching a fourth Pokémon, three works pretty well for Brock: it's the number he had for the majority for AG.

Jessie:
    Wobbuffet
    Seviper
    Yanmega
    -Yeah, she seems set.

James:
    -Mr. Mime
    -Carnivine
    -Mysterious third Pokémon
    Mime Jr. evolving when Mr. Mime is already Delia's signature Pokémon would also be strange, but those BF episodes have reminded me of a time in which Mime Jr. existed and was actually entertaining. Since that thing seems to have fallen off the face of the planet when DP started, I'd like to see it spotlighted again, and evolution would be a good way to do that. As for the third Pokémon, maybe a small one to make up for Mime Jr. not being that small anymore? I'd still like to see James with a Chatot. Or maybe Rotom. o.o Team Rocket with an Electric-type would be fun.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    Ash:
    Pikachu
    Staraptor
    Grotle
    Infernape
    Floatzel
    Gliscor
    -For the love of Arceus, his Pokémon just need to start evolving already. o.o Having watched a few episodes of Battle Frontier recently, Ash's Sinnoh team is seriously depressing me.
    Same here. That's exactly the same team I hope Ash gets at the end of DP too.

Page 2 of 375 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast