Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 5621
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

You know, it's just occurred to me - if Cabernet does become a recurring character, then we'll now have three rivals who'll be able to showcase the respective evolutions for Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. So I guess that none of Ash's starters are more (or less) likely to evolve than the others upon that basis.

I don't particularly think that rivals having evolved forms of the starters is a contributing factor as to whether the starters have priority over others evolving a la Torterra, but it's definitely something that we need more time to predict I think.

Axew won't evolve during the Unova Saga! Maybe in the last ep of Best wishes!!

I think the first ev of Ash Pokemon will be Sewaddle in the Fushide ep!
    It's time that Ash's team get serious!

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Obviously. We know the bird and bug were evolving soon anyway.

The starters always stay unevolved for a bit.
    Or they are not important enough to be featured on the poster...?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well Zugguru is there.

But I think it is obvious the bird/bug are evolving first. We have their evolved forms are merhcandize too.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ant_Lotr View Post
    I don't particularly think that rivals having evolved forms of the starters is a contributing factor as to whether the starters have priority over others evolving a la Torterra, but it's definitely something that we need more time to predict I think.
    I agree that it doesn't necessarily have to have any bearing (as you say, Torterra), but if the writers were dead set against a particular starter evolving (as they clearly were with Piplup in DP), then giving the evolutions to rivals (in Piplup's case, Kenny and Barry) is a handy way of still giving the rest of the line some recurring advertising space. Right now, I can see a similar thing happening with Oshawott since, thus far, he seems to be pushing for the same kind of "secondary mascot" status as Piplup. It's still just an early prediction, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    I agree that it doesn't necessarily have to have any bearing (as you say, Torterra), but if the writers were dead set against a particular starter evolving (as they clearly were with Piplup in DP), then giving the evolutions to rivals (in Piplup's case, Kenny and Barry) is a handy way of still giving the rest of the line some recurring advertising space. Right now, I can see a similar thing happening with Oshawott since, thus far, he seems to be pushing for the same kind of "secondary mascot" status as Piplup. It's still just an early prediction, of course.
    I believe all three starters are pushing secondary mascot for the series. I believe only 1 will evolve into a secondary form, but nobody knows who.
    Do not ask me that you have a chance to be a mod, I will not take the job if it is to leave the forum.

my friend Pichu90 made my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    I totally see what you're saying and I do agree, it's a perfect way to defer evolution if the audience doesn't feel 'cheated' in not seeing a starter evolved. However, I think, if handled correctly, this won't need to happen with Ash's starters. As I said before though, I think it's way too early to start predicting this kinda thing with any reasoning other than what we want to happen or using trends from previous regions to show what could happen.

Blog Entries

I think all of Ash's starters will evolve at least once. I don't know where people are getting the idea that they're being promoted any more than the base starters in all previous arcs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Or they are not important enough to be featured on the poster...?
    Or they are not in the movie at all... Remember M04 and M05 where just Bayleef and Totodile where the pokémon Ash respectively used in them...

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    Axew won't evolve during the Unova Saga! Maybe in the last ep of Best wishes!!!
    you don't know that, and yes, neither do i, but considering Iris's whole goal is to raise Axew into a fine Haxorus, and that he wants to evolve, he most likely will.

Evolutions: Probably the bug/grass pokemon first (don't remember the English/Japanese name)

Capture: Probably Sandile. It has two shows and is friendly towards Ash.

According to people on serebii Crimgan is supposed to get some merchandise in May. So basically that tells us that it's appearing soon but the question is does the merchandise hint at a possible capture for someone? Iris seems the likely choice but Crimgan just seems like a pokemon that's too powerful for her character at this point, but maybe having a powerful dragon like crimgan will motivate her to train Axew and get Excadrill to obey her

Freakin Adorable.

Blog Entries

If Trip gets it, its more proof Trip is being overpowered just for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant_Lotr View Post
    Torterra's not a good excuse because it's blantantly obvious they didn't need to evolve it.

I knew the second Paul revealed he had a Torterra, that if Ash's turtwig became one any future it had was shot, I was right.

Sure Bel's Pignite and Cab's Dewott weren't exactly the same as they didn't seem very strong so Ash's Tepig and Oshawott can hopefully surpass them.

Trip's Servine on the other hand is a different story since it beat both the fire monkey of the first gym as well as Pikachu.