Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread - Page 134

Page 134 of 375 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 5619
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    The Best Wishes previews implied there'd be a lot of Pokemon catching going on, so I wouldn't worry about Satoshi being stuck with only six Pokemon for the whole region.
    the one thing I'd wish the writers would do is give Ash more than 5 five Pokemon and give them all good screen time (you know switching around)

It's a 100 something episode series...and it's kinda a waste otherwise

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    You're forgetting a crucial thing though. Every new Pokémon that's captured needs screentime to develop into an interesting character that has to interact with the rest of the cast in some way. Having someone capture a Pokémon only to be put away at the lab makes it's addition almost pointless since they won't be featured until much later on. That's the main reason why captures like Krabby and Muk were dropped in later seasons.
    Except you're forgetting that there's no rule that a Pokemon will be treated like Krabby and Muk if Ash gets more than 5 Pokemon + Pikachu.

I mean look at Phanpy (Johto Region), Snorunt/Glalie, and Gible. All of them are late captures.

So what's the difference between them, and say Ash catching something like Krabby in BW050 (Kumashun), and then switching his last Pokemon with it in BW075? (switching with Doryuzuu). Honestly I don't see much difference at all with the ideal plan of switching around Pokemon when they needed. Especially if a lot of Ash's late captures only got at most 40 episodes since their capture before being dumped.

So the question is, then, why is oaking a Pokemon so much worse than say leaving them to some unknown trainer for training? Do people really think Oak is an abusive sick bastard or something?

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Do people really think Oak is an abusive sick bastard or something?
    Did you see his shirt in BW001?

But really I agree with you. Most of Ash's pokemon get only a few episode focused on them per region. People always say the writers can't handle it because of krabby and Muk but that was 13 years ago, there skills of writing have improved and I think they're more than capable of handling more captures now. I still say that it's possible that Ash captures more than 5 pokemon.

Freakin Adorable.

It seems like ash is getting all 3 starters! The episode title of episode 7 is shown! indicating that a new Tsu appears! I realy hope Iris gets the pokabu nexz week so that Ash doesnt have all 3 starters!!

You know what I'd have liked to have seen from best wishes. Ash's rival running a team with similarities to Ash's kanto team and taking some of the usual captures (basically Mamepato) so they can still be shown in battle but give Ash a chance to try something alittle different. I'd have liked to have seen him have

Pokablu (Charmander/Primeape)
    Mamepato (Pidgeotto)
    Shikijika (Bulbasaur/Tauros)
    Purotoga (Squirtle)
    Fushide (Butterfree/Muk)
    Doryuzu (Pikachu killer)

For the final slot I was thinking a Pikachu equivalent like Emonga or something like Choroneko, Chillarmy or Minezumi but I'd like to see Doryuzu instead.

The difference of all that might be that none of Ash's Pokemon have an attitude and start blowing fire/water/leaves on him.

Default Ash's pokemon that will evolve

I didnt see a thread like this so here it goes.

During every season, there are some of his that don't evolve, and some do.

Out of the pokemon he has now for this season, which ones to you think will evolve, or not(or just evolve 1 but not a second time if they can)

This is what I think

Mamepato-->Hatooboo-->Kenhorou (he always seams to get the final bird pokemon)

Mijumaru-->Futachimaru(I dont it will fully evolve)

Pokabu-->Chaobu-->Enbuoo (i think it will fully evolve, but it won't evlove into Enbuoo untill the end of the isshu region)

another thing you can do is put down what pokemon that ash has at oaks that he might use and evolve(like Ash's Cyndaquil in DP)

Default Re: Ash's pokemon that will evolve

I can see Mijimaru evolving fully here. A water starter has never been Ash's main pokemon before and it looks like it will be Mijimaru this series. We had Charizard (fire), Sceptile (grass) and Infernape (fire) so logically it should be a water types turn.

Judging by the fact that each reigion has had more pokemon evolve than its predecessor I would expect nearly all of Ash's team to evolve (except Pikachu of course)

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Ash's pokemon that will evolve

Quote Originally Posted by kyocow View Post
    I didnt see a thread like this so here it goes.
    What are you talking about? There's a stickied thread on this topic...
    (merging)

"seasons change, people change"

Well, I was definitely wrong about the distribution of starters; with Pokabu added to Ash's roster (not for lack of trying on Iris' part :P), it seems incredibly likely Ash will also get the upcoming Tsutarja gal.

I would hope Iris could snag at least one Pokemon sometime soon; maybe the upcoming Munna for her love of the cuties?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I would hope Iris could snag at least one Pokemon sometime soon; maybe the upcoming Munna for her love of the cuties?
    The summery makes it sound like Makomo owns it. :/

Since we can pretty much cross Fushide off the list for Musashi and thankfully no Munna for Kojiro, I'm hoping that means the writers will actually try something new with them. I love Darumakka and it's evo, so I'm really hoping Kojiro gets that. The writers can't go too long with giving Kojiro something, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    The writers can't go too long with giving Kojiro something, right?
    I think it depends on when Team Rocket stops fleeing whenever their plan hits a snag. Or you know whenever Ash decides to use Mamepato, Jessie can use Koromori.

Blog Entries

i hope dento catches tsutarja and ash catches the deer.
    James i think catches the new cactus and maybe the garbage bag.
    jesse could get the vulture.
    iris is hard to dictate we know she is a dragon tamer in the game but will she bring that into the anime and the same goes with dento and grass pokemon.
    i really hope ash gets the dark/steel kirikizan as his main wild card so he gets a couple new types or he can get gochimu

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Gochimu?

I highly doubt that's ever going to happen

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

I wonder what the likelihood of James capturing the female Smugleaf is?
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!