Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova - Opening song - Page 3

View Poll Results: Did you like the new opening song, "It's Always You and Me"?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it

17 44.74%
  • Indifferent

10 26.32%
  • Boring

11 28.95%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova - Opening song

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova - Opening song

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Once again, the dub openings spout uncreative lyrics and horrible footage editing (Cameron is missing).
    They probably got the Dawn version.

I guess it's a little more upbeat than the last two duets, but every year now since 'We Will Carry On' I've just thought... is this really the same guy that composed the original theme, Believe in Me, and Unbeatable? Say what you will about the Japanese counterparts to those songs being better - but those were songs that would get you pumped up to watch some Pokemon.

Also - as this is almost surely the last season of the BW dub, it looks like the Episode N opening will never have its clips used in the dub - which is a first.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

this song is so 1980s it isnt even funny. Definatly not the best by any means but not the worst. I cant find my self to enjoy pokemon with a theme that sounds like it came from the same era that the FOX Body Mustang and the last gen of El Caminos came from. make it less 80s and you get a better score from me

Blog Entries

Why do people say that Episode N will have this version of the opening? I think that it is pretty obvious that the animation is going to be changed after the League. I have no prediction about the music, though.
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Canadian Sweetheart Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PTOldMan View Post
    Why do people say that Episode N will have this version of the opening? I think that it is pretty obvious that the animation is going to be changed after the League. I have no prediction about the music, though.
    The dub doesn't change their openings as often as the Japanese version does, them changing the generic song after like 13 episodes seems unlikely to me.

Now the opening, I honestly hated it. The words were weak and were really no different than the other songs. I'm also getting tired of the duet they keep doing, it's starting to sound bland.

Really went all out with the lab animation on that one.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir On Twitter Add Mikes Gardevoir on Google+
    Follow Mikes Gardevoir on Tumblr Visit Mikes Gardevoir's Youtube Channel

I like it better than I think DP I'm not sure I don't watch a whole lot but theres one I just hated

Follow Conquest On Twitter
    Follow Conquest on Tumblr

The song I really like. Video slightly worse, but still good.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the song. It's catchier than last season. Can't wait to hear the movie version.

Love that they kept the shot of Ash's reserves & Charizard. I'm a little biased, but I'm hanging on to a sliver of hope that they'll change some of it once they get to Episode N, because it IS too league-centric. Was there any other time the dub changed the intro footage in the middle of a season other than that one Lucario and Mew shot? (forgot what season it was)

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    I like the song. It's catchier than last season. Can't wait to hear the movie version.

Love that they kept the shot of Ash's reserves & Charizard. I'm a little biased, but I'm hanging on to a sliver of hope that they'll change some of it once they get to Episode N, because it IS too league-centric. Was there any other time the dub changed the intro footage in the middle of a season other than that one Lucario and Mew shot? (forgot what season it was)
    DP: Galactic Battles (Season 12)

It was changed mid-season because of the change from 4:3 aspect ratio to 16:9.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    ... if we get a movie version. Be An Arrow's already been used in a movie, and will probably still be the opening theme come movie time - and unless the song is Mezase Pokemon Master, opening songs don't get used in more than one movie. Methinks they'll probably forgo the opening theme for the next movie like with the Giratina movie, which would mean no movie version of the dub opening if that was the case.

Love that they kept the shot of Ash's reserves & Charizard. I'm a little biased, but I'm hanging on to a sliver of hope that they'll change some of it once they get to Episode N, because it IS too league-centric.
    All the washed out colours, fighting and destruction make it a little difficult to find OP clips that really suit the song, though.

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Nice opening, much better than Rival Destinies. Clips are well chosen, good to see the Oak lab pan was kept.

Blog Entries

I liked this Song so much!!! It has been the best one yet now in my opinion.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was nothing special or amazing, but I liked it - and only after hearing it twice.

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

Kind of boring, didn't enjoy it much, wish it would have been closer to the 14th opening (Black & White) usually never like English openings, I always prefer the Japanese openings.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

Quote Originally Posted by unsnaggedtea76 View Post
    My Ears! TPCi have done it. They have made six terrible openings in a row. The only good openings that they have done that I like are the Battle Frontier and Diamond and Pearl openings. Those to me feel much close to 4kids' version to me.
    ...It's a dark day indeed when someone says 4Kids' version was so bad the Diamond and Pearl opening was comparable to their openings...other than that, I found your comment hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, they were much closer to 4Kids' versions. Openings 13 and 15 are okay, but the long versions of the openings that TCPi did, to me, for some reason, seemed better fit for the movies than using them as openings. I'm also still mad at TCPi for replacing the 10th opening in the 10th movie.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast