Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova - Opening song - Page 2

View Poll Results: Did you like the new opening song, "It's Always You and Me"?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it

17 44.74%
  • Indifferent

10 26.32%
  • Boring

11 28.95%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova - Opening song

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Default Re: Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova - Opening song

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    BTW, you should add a vote to the thread to see how many people love or hate it.
    It has now been added, thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't sure how many or what options to include, so I have just put down 3 basic options.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I loved it. TPCi actually got their act together on this one, IMO. I hated the Rival Destinies one, and the Black and White intro was just "OK."

This, however, is a pretty good intro in my eyes. Reminds me a lot of the 4Kids dub intros, only far too short and rushed.

Registered User charizardmaster125's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess that like all the previous songs that TPCi has dished out since Season 9 have developed a "love it or hate it" culture. I have just recently and ingeniously synced up the opening with the 30 Second Cut of Pokemon Advanced Battle and despite the cry's of "Advanced Battle", already it's made the opening allot better, though David Rolfe just makes everything sound better, but maybe the current song will grow on me over time, I'm just at that phase where I want to get allot of things off my chest.

I am however, a little worried that this song will suffer the same fate as "We Will Carry On", my point being we might not hear a full version of this when Movie 16 eventually releases as I feel that "We Will Carry On" had so much potential wasted unless TPCi were to release a Director's Cut compilation of all their songs on CD though that is just a pipe dream though I wish that they would publicly release "The Ultimate Challenge" somehow whether it would be via Itunes or YouTube.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic58355_1.gif

When Ash's Charizard gives you a thumb's up, you know that he'll be back soon!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charizardmaster125 View Post
    I guess that like all the previous songs that TPCi has dished out since Season 9 have developed a "love it or hate it" culture.
    That's pretty much how the dub in general has been since 4Kids left and TPCi took over (a.k.a. the same thing applies to the voice acting and dub music in my case). Although, since BW, I've found myself liking TPCi a lot more than back in the BF and DP dub Seasons. They lately seem to be putting some effort into the dub (excluding Cathcart's Meowth, who is currently the worst replacement VA in a main role in the dub to me).

Quote Originally Posted by unsnaggedtea76 View Post
    My Ears! TPCi have done it. They have made six terrible openings in a row. The only good openings that they have done that I like are the Battle Frontier and Diamond and Pearl openings. Those to me feel much close to 4kids' version to me.
    ...It's a dark day indeed when someone says 4Kids' version was so bad the Diamond and Pearl opening was comparable to their openings...other than that, I found your comment hilarious.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 2nd February 2013 at 01:21 PM.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I thought that it was pretty good. The beat is pretty good and the lyrics aren't as bad as I thought they would be. It is disappointing that they couldn't fit in any clips from Episode N in there and it felt like it ended just when it was starting to build up its song, which oddly was a problem I had with the Sinnoh League Victors opening too, but it was better than I thought it was going to be. It does sound something that is completely focused on the Unova League, which will make the opening clips look pretty outdate by the time we get to Episode N. Still, this is probably the best TPCI opening I've heard in a long time and possibly the best BW opening. It's definitely better than Rival Destinies, which was just bad and generic, and the first BW opening had an okay song, but it felt more like an insert song rather than an opening theme song, especially when they had a full version for the Victini movie. It would be cool if they had a full version of this opening in the next movie since it could actually make the song much better, unlike with the other BW openings, but it seemed like a pretty good opening here.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I thought that it was pretty good. The beat is pretty good and the lyrics aren't as bad as I thought they would be. It is disappointing that they couldn't fit in any clips from Episode N in there and it felt like it ended just when it was starting to build up its song, which oddly was a problem I had with the Sinnoh League Victors opening too, but it was better than I thought it was going to be. It does sound something that is completely focused on the Unova League, which will make the opening clips look pretty outdate by the time we get to Episode N. Still, this is probably the best TPCI opening I've heard in a long time and possibly the best BW opening. It's definitely better than Rival Destinies, which was just bad and generic, and the first BW opening had an okay song, but it felt more like an insert song rather than an opening theme song, especially when they had a full version for the Victini movie. It would be cool if they had a full version of this opening in the next movie since it could actually make the song much better, unlike with the other BW openings, but it seemed like a pretty good opening here.
    Wow, it's incredible how much I agree with you on the BW intros. That's my order, too.

Intros- BW: Adventures in Unova (Pretty good) > Black and White (Okay) > BW: Rival Destinies (Bad)
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 2nd February 2013 at 01:19 PM.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

No. I'll probably like it after listening to it for several hours like I did the last song. But no. This is what evil sounds like.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    This is what evil sounds like.
    ROFL.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Once again, the dub openings spout uncreative lyrics and horrible footage editing (Cameron is missing). The music isn't that great either, imo.

Blog Entries

Horrible lyrics. Slow tempo. Horrible scene selection. (A bunch of Pokemon running around? Woo.)

So par for the corse.
    97SaturnSL1 and 투 애니원 like this.

Blog Entries

Follow AJW12777 on Tumblr Visit AJW12777's Youtube Channel

Really liked the opening. The animation on it was great and I reallt liked the choice of scenes they used for it, too.

The music isn't Johto Journeys good, but it's acceptable.
    Proud Claimer of Azumarill!!!!
    http://azuzusthings.tumblr.com/ <-----My Tumblr page :]
    http://www.youtube.com/user/KollinNaples <------My Youtube page :)

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

I voted Indifferent, mainly because it had both pros and cons

Pros:

Far better than We Would Carry On!, the last series' last opening.
    Used footage from Be an Arrow (liked it till Bianca's part)
    Is only 30 seconds long (couldn't stand more of it)

Cons:

It is going to be kept this way till Episode N's end (hence no epic Be an Arrow '13 scenes)
    Pokemon Running Around (Why TPCI?)
    No Cameron/Virgil in there (far better than the running Pokemon...)
    Worse than the first two Best Wishes themes

Indifferent: Its music, tempo and lyrics

Btw Rival Destinies>Black n White> Always you and me

Blog Entries

Just once I'd wish TCPi wouldn't have the singers shout "Pokémon!" at the end of every intro. Yes, I know it's the name of the show, but it sounds so cheesy and forced.
    Poliwhirl42 and Hidden Mew like this.

I liked this song, but this would've sounded good in place of the "Rival Destinies" opening. I feel like it almost doesn't belong this far in the season, especially since there's barely any Episode N/Cameron/Virgil in it. They could've at least pulled a "Sinnoh League Victors" and given us a cool "Ash and Paul battlefield"-esque shot, in terms of the upcoming Unova League!

It's times like these where I actually wouldn't mind if they didn't used as much from the Japanese opening and pulled from episodes that have yet to be dubbed. What's the big deal with that?
    "It was perfect, beautiful, like something someone with an overreactive imagination would dream up in her unfulfilled fantasies." -Jessie, The Heartbreak of Brock

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast