Pick any 6 Pokemon from the ANIME and form a team: Who would you pick?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pick any 6 Pokemon from the ANIME and form a team: Who would you pick?

Blog Entries

Default Pick any 6 Pokemon from the ANIME and form a team: Who would you pick?

To try and steer away from the train wreck that was the Unova League let's try and think of something a little more fun and different until next week when the new N saga begins.

If you could pick any 6 Pokemon from the anime be it legendary, wild or belonging to a trainer: who would you pick and why?

For me my 6 would probably be the following:

Paul's Ursaring: The bear is on steroids in Guts form or not it can seriously do a lot of damage

Ash's Infernape: Like Ursaring, it is just a bomb ready to explode once its ability is activated

Tobias' Darkrai/Latios: Its a toss for me right here because Latios is one of my favorite Pokemon but with Darkrai that thing juts kicked ass with its sleep moves

Cynthia's Garchomp: Back in DP (forget about its BW appearances...) that thing was unstoppable!

Duplica's Ditto (the 1st one not Mini-Dit): I mean you can have any Pokemon you wanted with this little guy (well a copy of the one you're fighting...) and it can change into objects besides Pokemon it would be cool to have a Ditto to turn into boats and planes if I don't want to ride on my Pokemon all of the time. But it would have to have the ability Imposter to be 100% useful to me. Haha, kind of reminds me of Puar and Oolong from DragonBall!

Jirachi/Victini: How can you go wrong picking either of these two? One will give you a guarantee victory and the other one is your own personal set of "Dragonballs" on your belt in your Pokeball.

Who would you pick?

Default Re: Pick any 6 Pokemon from the ANIME and form a team: Who would you pick?

Goodluck trying to get a battle set up in the short time every thousand years that the anime Jirachi is awake for :P

Ill post my picks later when ive got the time to think about it.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pick any 6 Pokemon from the ANIME and form a team: Who would you pick?

Haha, I'd try to find a loophole around that by either wishing for it to be able to stay with me OR just choosing a Pokemon like Mewtwo instead

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

First off I'm imposing a no legendaries rule on myself.

My Tank: Paul's Torterra: This Pokémon is simply overbearingly powerful with a moveset of Frenzy Plant, Giga Drain, Hyper Beam etc with Stone Edge which covers all of its weaknesses.

The Flier: Ash's Charizard: Probably the most Powerful non-legendary in the anime in my opinion, Charizard is the ultimate Fire and Flying type.

Fast-mover: Paul's Ninjask/Ash's Sceptile: Probably the two fastest Pokémon in the anime, both with some powerful hard-hitting moves. My choice would slide over to Ash's Sceptile, as its speed wouldn't decrease like Ninjask's would.

The Aquatic: Gary's Blastoise: A complete Tank capable of taking down a fair amount of Pokémon, this dude has to be on any team.

The Suicidal: Adeku's Boufallant: Dat Head Charge....

The Leader: Cynthia's Garchomp: How can you have a team without Garchomp on it? Cynthia is probably the strongest trainer in the anime and this is her strongest Pokémon.

@Paulisthebest; I challenge you with this team!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMouse View Post

My Tank: Paul's Torterra: This Pokémon is simply overbearingly powerful with a moveset of Frenzy Plant, Giga Drain, Hyper Beam etc with Stone Edge which covers all of its weaknesses.

The Flier: Ash's Charizard: Probably the most Powerful non-legendary in the anime in my opinion, Charizard is the ultimate Fire and Flying type.

Fast-mover: Paul's Ninjask/Ash's Sceptile: Probably the two fastest Pokémon in the anime, both with some powerful hard-hitting moves. My choice would slide over to Ash's Sceptile, as its speed wouldn't decrease like Ninjask's would.

The Aquatic: Gary's Blastoise: A complete Tank capable of taking down a fair amount of Pokémon, this dude has to be on any team.

The Leader: Cynthia's Garchomp: How can you have a team without Garchomp on it? Cynthia is probably the strongest trainer in the anime and this is her strongest Pokémon.

Oh finally a member with some guts!

I'll impose a non legend rule on myself meaning I will only need 4 of my 6 to take you down! Keep in mind even though I picked anime Pokemon I'll change up their movesets. Honestly, I would pick nothing than Paul's Pokemon but I like to mix it up!

Infernape vs your Torterra I think I'll focus on Sp. Attack Fire moves like Overheat or Fire Blast to prevent any unnecessary damage from Flare Blitz. Mach Punch to break apart your Stone Edge or Focus Blast to do the same. Frenzy Plant? Ha, once again a move like Overheat or Fire Blast to burn those vines! Overall, the sheer speed from Infernape would wipe the floor with Torterra and with its jumping power or "flying" if you use Flare Blitz I could avoid Earthquake/Earth Power

Charizard: I'd probably use Garchomp since in the anime it can fly! That would be an interesting aerial battle! I'd probably ram into you with some Dragon Rushes and then x4 damage with Stone Edge! The reason I'd use Garchomp is due to having a resistance to fire moves. Try and land a Seismic Toss? I'll call for Sandstorm to throw you off! Imagine your poor fire dragon trapped in the sand cyclone or dust storm lanching failed attacks due to Sand Veil, that would be the perfect time to launch Stone Edge to end Charizard!

Ursaring would kill Buffolant no contest! Try a Head Charge I dare you, you'll have a Bulk Up powered Hammer Arm to counter it!!! But honestly, I think that would be a good battle although we only have seen one attack from Buffolant (Head Charge). I'd have Infernape for back up launching attacks from behind (not to be like a coward but that afro just absorbs way too much damage). With Infernape's speed it could easily avoid its attacks and be done with the battle in no time.

Infernape for either Sceptile or Ninjask. Simply because they are all fast and it would be a lightning battle for sure. How would I deal with Ninjask? Possibly a Counter Shield defense. The little buy is fast but still it has to contend with striking a Pokemon that can turn its body into an inferno. I mean I'd just call for Flare Blitz (while Infernape stays still) its body will be blue with flames (and flames are said to be hottest when they turn blue). So come on in for an Aerial Ace attack at super speed (due to Speed Boost) you might hit Infernape but not without having Ninjask burn its wings from striking pure fire!

After having Ursaring called back in favor of Infernape taking down Buffolant, I'd use to to battle Blastoise. I think that Hammer Arm has the power to block Hydro Cannon and use Withdraw and I'll just hammer away at your shell or use to chance to use Bulk Up a couple of times while you retreat into the shell. Instead of Slash/Focus Blast, I'd probably teach it Ice Punch and Facade.

Garchomp will take more than one Pokemon...I can't rely on just my Garchomp since we BOTH picked Cynthia's...

But then again this is where Ditto comes into play! You'd theorically have to deal with 2 Garchomps on my team!

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Tobias's Darkrai and Latios, Mewtwo, Regigigas, Victini, and Cilan's Crustle.

A team of all-powerful Pokemon so I can curbstomp anyone with minimal effort. You can only have fun when you're winning.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

This is a really cool thread. For me it would be non legendary Pokemon as I'm not a fan of them being used, seems kind of "cheap". With that said here are my picks.

1) Ash's Charizard or Infernape. Either of these are powerhouses and each give you something different with second typing, plus I would say they are my favorite of Ash's Pokemon.
    2) Ash's Sceptile. Serious speed plus took on Deoxys pretty well. Would be my second or third favorite of Ash's Pokemon.
    3) Paul's Electivire. This is probably the most powerful electric type we have seen in the anime and it has some very powerful moves. Also, it's in my top 3 of all time favorite Pokemon in general.
    4) Cynthia's Garchomp. Let's be frank, probably the most powerful non legendary seen in the anime. Also Dragons are nice and strong.
    5) Paul's Ursaring. Beast of a battler.
    6) Mima (Zoroark from movie). That thing took on several legendary Pokemon at once plus its ability to transform could prove very handy for out foxing an opponent.

If I were to use any legendary Pokemon I'd go with Tobias' Darkrai as that was just scary powerful.

Well, I think I´ll take the most favourite parts of my game teams and seek for anime counterparts.
    So:
    Paul´s Torterra
    Cynthia´s Garchomp
    Does Lucario from the movie count? If not, I´ll go with Riley´s.
    Red Gyarados.
    Drew´s Roselia.
    and... for the last one... maybe Ash´s Sceptile or James/Gardenia´s Cacnea. Or any other powerful grass type of anybody in the series (Harley´s Cacturne, Trip´s Serperior, James´ Carnivine... I almost don´t care).
    It wouldn´t be well-ballanced team, but I´d love all of them.

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Satoshi's Pikachu
    Hikari's Pachirisu
    Iris' Emonga
    Satoshi's Tsutarja
    Hikari's Mimirol
    Arceus
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Ven

If legendaries are allowed them from the ANIME (not movies) only then I'm choosing

1.) Suicune - the one that battled Alazakam
    2.) Moltres - the one that battled Salamence
    3.) Mewtwo
    4.) Cynthia's Garchomp
    5.) Tobias' Darkrai
    6.) Lugia

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMouse View Post

Oh finally a member with some guts!

I'll impose a non legend rule on myself meaning I will only need 4 of my 6 to take you down! Keep in mind even though I picked anime Pokemon I'll change up their movesets. Honestly, I would pick nothing than Paul's Pokemon but I like to mix it up!

Infernape vs your Torterra I think I'll focus on Sp. Attack Fire moves like Overheat or Fire Blast to prevent any unnecessary damage from Flare Blitz. Mach Punch to break apart your Stone Edge or Focus Blast to do the same. Frenzy Plant? Ha, once again a move like Overheat or Fire Blast to burn those vines! Overall, the sheer speed from Infernape would wipe the floor with Torterra and with its jumping power or "flying" if you use Flare Blitz I could avoid Earthquake/Earth Power

Charizard: I'd probably use Garchomp since in the anime it can fly! That would be an interesting aerial battle! I'd probably ram into you with some Dragon Rushes and then x4 damage with Stone Edge! The reason I'd use Garchomp is due to having a resistance to fire moves. Try and land a Seismic Toss? I'll call for Sandstorm to throw you off! Imagine your poor fire dragon trapped in the sand cyclone or dust storm lanching failed attacks due to Sand Veil, that would be the perfect time to launch Stone Edge to end Charizard!

Ursaring would kill Buffolant no contest! Try a Head Charge I dare you, you'll have a Bulk Up powered Hammer Arm to counter it!!! But honestly, I think that would be a good battle although we only have seen one attack from Buffolant (Head Charge). I'd have Infernape for back up launching attacks from behind (not to be like a coward but that afro just absorbs way too much damage). With Infernape's speed it could easily avoid its attacks and be done with the battle in no time.

Infernape for either Sceptile or Ninjask. Simply because they are all fast and it would be a lightning battle for sure. How would I deal with Ninjask? Possibly a Counter Shield defense. The little buy is fast but still it has to contend with striking a Pokemon that can turn its body into an inferno. I mean I'd just call for Flare Blitz (while Infernape stays still) its body will be blue with flames (and flames are said to be hottest when they turn blue). So come on in for an Aerial Ace attack at super speed (due to Speed Boost) you might hit Infernape but not without having Ninjask burn its wings from striking pure fire!

After having Ursaring called back in favor of Infernape taking down Buffolant, I'd use to to battle Blastoise. I think that Hammer Arm has the power to block Hydro Cannon and use Withdraw and I'll just hammer away at your shell or use to chance to use Bulk Up a couple of times while you retreat into the shell. Instead of Slash/Focus Blast, I'd probably teach it Ice Punch and Facade.

Garchomp will take more than one Pokemon...I can't rely on just my Garchomp since we BOTH picked Cynthia's...

But then again this is where Ditto comes into play! You'd theorically have to deal with 2 Garchomps on my team!
    My Turn.

Ursaring. Probably one of the most dangerous Pokémon on your team as it's very balanced but amazingly powerful, and, as you said, has Bulk Up Hammer Arm to contend with Bouffalant. The solution to him would be to use Ninjask (for this particular battle) to dodge this guy's attacks and wear him down without the chance of activating Guts. If I got bored and wanted to finish it quickly after wearing Ursaring down I'd put in Ash's Charizard to finish off.

As you, said, the logical choice after I've used Ninjask would be Infernape no contest. I simply switch out Ninjask for Blastoise. Of course Infernape could dodge Hydro Cannon and Skull Bash, but how could he avoid an in shell, water coming out of all holes, spinning Hydro Pump Counter Shield? After it's been weakened or is using Flare Blitz on me it won't be able to avoid a Hydro Cannon.

As hard as you tried you'd either have to pick Ditto, Garchomp or Darkrai here If I were you I'd send out Darkrai against Blastoise. I would keep the poor guy in position and keep on with the Counter Shield. Chances are it would be defeated but it would inflict a lot of damage hopefully. Next I would sent Ninjask. Again, Darkrai would struggle to hit this guy except maybe with Ice Beam, but a few X-Scissors would easily wear down its health. Say it does get hit by Ice Beam, a few Giga Drains would help out nicely. If Ninjask is defeated then a quick Overheat or DragonBreath from Charizard would take this guy out.

So, Charizard's on the field, you logically send out Garchomp. My tactic would be simple, blast Garchomp with DragonBreath and then substitute for My Garchomp. The battle, understandibly, would be even, but eventually that DragonBreath would probably lead to a close win, or more likely a draw given your superior tactics that I have seen myself. After this I withdraw Garchomp.

You would probably send out Victini next, who I admit is more than a bit of a problem, given that Blastoise was sacrificed against Darkrai earlier. My cannon fodder would be Alders Bouffalant. Those Head Charges are powerful, and would hopefully take some whack to Victini before finally falling. Next out would be Torterra. Aha, a Grass-type, you say. However, how could Victini burn through a 5 ft Wall of Frenzy Plant that I'd use as my Counter-Shield? I'd simply use Earthquake from inside the Wall and spend the next turn reinforcing it. Eventually I'd throw all the Frenzy Plant at Victini, hopefully taking it out with a further Earthquake.

Your last Pokémon is Ditto. It has to Transform into Torterra, and would undoubtedly defeat it. However, like two tanks fighting each other 1-on-1 in real life, it's going to take a lot of damage. Next I'd send in Garchomp, probably finishing the Dragon-type off, and deal some further damage, and then finish off by using Charizard to use Overheat and Flare Blitz, hopefully before it could use Stone Edge.

There we go, a much harder battle for me, due to more Suicidal tactics and dealing with legendaries. As you showed, it would be more than possible to take me out too.

Satoshi's Goukazaru/Infernape, Jukain/Sceptile, and Pikachu (what? He's adorable)
    Shirona's Gaburias/Garchomp
    Aaron's Lucario
    Uh... Uh..... Uh.... Aren't there any badass water types?
    I guess I'll go with Shigeru's Kamex/Blastoise
    I wish I could fit Satoshi's Glion in there, though.

Totally unbalanced team, probably, my brain's not working right at the moment.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

Ash's Pikachu. I don't care if I hate it. That thing is fucking powerful.
    Cynthia's Garchomp. It's pretty much the ultimate sweeper.
    May's Blaziken. I just really, really like it. It's pretty damn good too.
    Ash's Sceptile. It's quick and it hits hard.
    Whoever had an Electrode's Electrode. Suicide bomber.
    And finally, as a backup plan, if I'm getting my ass beat, Tobias' Darkrai.

Blog Entries

Ash's Infernape - Chimchar has always been my favorite starter Pokémon, while Infernape always has been my favorite starter evolution, and seeing how completely badass and powerful it is in the anime there's no question for me when I choose it.
    Iris' Dragonite - Might just be one of my favorite captures yet in the anime. Dragonite is both beast power-wise and personality-wise, nothing to argue about. I really do like the variety it has in its moves also.
    Cameron's Lucario - Riolu/Lucario are my favorite Pokémon, and since Cameron's Lucario proved to very powerful, beating three of Ash's Pokémon in a row, I'd gladly have it in my team.
    Drew's Flygon - FAVORITE DRAGON-TYPE AFDFADGSAG. I'm actually not caring all that much for strength here, it's just that Flygon has always been my favorite Dragon-type and despite its strength in the anime (which isn't all that bad either) I'd definitely choose it.
    Iris' Excadrill - I really didn't want to choose more than one Pokémon from each Trainer, but I blame Iris for having too awesome Pokémon... Excadrill is really cute and powerful, and it also has a clear variation in its move-set that'd help it battle most Pokémon, and combining moves with Dig could surely prove to be very effective.
    May's Beautifly - Might not be as stronga as the others I have chosen, but I still think it's a very cool Pokémon. And with moves like Silver Wind, Morning Sun, Psychic and Aerial Ace Beautifly would surely have an edge in most battles.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

You guys are all being lame.

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Satoshi's Pikachu
    Hikari's Pachirisu
    Iris' Emonga
    Satoshi's Tsutarja
    Hikari's Mimirol
    Arceus
    Now THAT is a good team. xDD

Jokes aside, I would prefer to get a bunch of awesomely cool but quirky Pokemon. Also this is a weird question, as you could just choose a bunch of Pokemon that were in the background or had cameos. Just because of that reason, I'm going to choose from the main characters instead.

Hikari's Pachirisu is one. It has fantastic speed, its personality is hilarious and it's also absolutely adorable. It is great in contests, which I would also like to participate in every now and then. x3 Anyone would take Ash's Charizard. I would definitely take a different path from the official one when I train it, just to avoid the disobedience. But if he still disobeys me, I would still work my hardest to get him to understand me. Because he really is awesome. Gary's Eevee because it's so tough, but I would probably evolve it into a Leafeon instead. So it would've stayed as an Eevee for one more generation. Ash's Totodile had some great and humorous fights, and his dancing techniques are just so different, it would be fun to train and utilize. His speed is shown in the fifth movie, and having a race like that would be too fun. I would also be able to give it some proper screen time.. : o I would prefer Ash's Bulbasaur instead of May's because of his serious attitude, but also determination in battle and the fact that he doesn't want to evolve. If he were under my care, I wouldn't mind at all. x3
    So... finally, I would pick Cameron's Samurott because it's quick and powerful, and would help me with traveling across large bodies of water, including the Orange Islands since this is the Animeverse. I would also love to train it as an Oshawott, just to see her Adamant personality.

Smile~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast