Oshawott and Piplup's Rivalry?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Oshawott and Piplup's Rivalry?

Blog Entries

Default Oshawott and Piplup's Rivalry?

What do you think about their rivalry do you think it's annoying or entertaining? Honestly it's starting to get on my nerves because they're always hogging up screentime but that's just my opinion.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Oshawott and Piplup's Rivalry?

I see entertaining at times, but sometimes they need to do something else to move the plot along

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I absolutely love it. From the second I heard that Hikari was returning, I was hoping these two would get screen time together and would have some type of rivalry. While I do think that fighting over Meleotta's affections will get old, I hope that other things come up that they disagree with each other on to keep it up. I don't think they're hogging all that much screen time, but then, I really enjoy seeing the Pokemons' interactions with one another, too. I'd still love to see them in a double battle together, though.
    martianmister likes this.

It's okay for me to see the lovely youths doing such things

Blog Entries

I find it annoying because its almost the same "grit teeth at each other and suddenly grow teeth that I shouldn't have" look. I think it would be better if they mixed it up a bit.
    Gengarzilla, Shinneth and Ishida like this.

Visit PrinceGray's Youtube Channel

While entertaining, it is getting stale. However, I think it's leading up to something big for Oshawott. He needs to get broken down so he can man-up and become strong, considering he's Ash's weakest pokemon after Scraggy.
    Gengarzilla likes this.
    98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott won't evolve. If you are part of the 2% the believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters! (Started by Me)

Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    I don't care that in the original Japanese version his name is Sat-o-shi or Suh-to-shi he's called Ash in the anime he's call Ash in the comic. AND I'M NOT JAPANESE!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I find it annoying because it's just two starters trying to get Meloetta's attention. Besides, Oshawott basically likes every girly pokemon that looks pretty and cute - his rivalry with Piplup for Meloetta isn't all that entertaining.

Trophies

I mean its just a running gag in the anime. There has been loads of them and I have nothing against it. Its probably more funny and entertaining to a younger audience but still its entertaining. Besides, they take up 30 seconds of screentime per episode if that.

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

Blog Entries

It feels like the routine is there for the sake of having a routine if that makes sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

At first I found it funny since Piplup was the prime Water-type of the DP arc only to meet its BW counterpart. However, it has been getting annoying considering I would like to see some of Dawn's other Pokemon used in battle and not only that more screen time as well.

When its all said and done Meloetta could careless about either one of them. Not to sound cold-hearted but really that's what it all boils down to. The only way Miju would "win" is if Meloetta decides to go with Ash in the end (who knows the outcome of that) and they can be together forever at Oak's ranch or they'll stay in Unova since Ash is sending his Pokemon their rather than Kanto, but I really think their "rivalry" along with Miju learning Hydro Pump is another excuse to not let it evolve. That way their rivalry will be on somewhat even terms.

Hopefully it won't be extremely overused like Stephan's name being mispronounced or Bianca's strange fixation on Bulky Pokemon/knocking Ash into water whenever they meet/etc. However, given the way running gags are literally run ragged in the BW story line I'm pretty certain that it will last until Dawn's departure.
    Last edited by Paulisthebest; 5th August 2012 at 06:32 PM.

Eh, I don't mind it. The only running gag with Piplup I actually liked was when Fukamaru kept hitting it with Draco Meteor. And why I enjoyed that particular gag is a mystery to me.

It's better than the other gags in BW, anyway. I can't stand the gag with Kenyan's name anymore, and Bell was annoying with her Zorua obsession (though I did find her muscle fetish-obsession-thing amusing.)
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

I don't think their "fighting" over Meloetta is overused, or a running gag, considering it's only appeared in two episodes (BW86 and BW87).

BW88: They were playing together at Kumasyun's home. They had a little quarrel about Bachuru (not Meloetta), and it was Meloetta who pacify them.
    BW89: They don't quarrel at all, despite Meloetta's presence. They work together like a team.
    BW90: Mijumaru isn't appeared.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

it is very funny and amusing. the writers should give oshawott and piplup their own spin off show to focus on comiedac routines

I like it I mean I don't see Ash around, but I think their rivalry is useless because Meloetta is gender.....less.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_HATER_999 View Post
    I like it I mean I don't see Ash around, but I think their rivalry is useless because Meloetta is gender.....less.
    Tell that to the Lugia who was a mother in the Whirl Islands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast