Old Characters Need To Return

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Old Characters Need To Return

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

Default Old Characters Need To Return

I know it usually happens every season, but I think it would be awesome if May, Misty, Dawn, Brock or even Gary made an appearance in the Best Wishes series. I heard that Dawn has showed up, but Australia has only aired up to the episode "Ash and Trip's Third Battle", so I don't know for certain.
    pokemon fan 132 likes this.

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Old Characters Need To Return

They're probably not going to bring back many older characters. They usually just bring back the past girl once and that's it.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Nope.

If they did, then, uhm....yay?
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Blog Entries

Well at least you're being fair about it. Most people just want Misty back and or May.

Balmarian Mad Scientist Thanatos-Zero's Avatar

Visit Thanatos-Zero's Youtube Channel

What about A.J. (Akira) from the 8th Pokemon episode? Both Ash and A.J. promised to meet each other again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos-Zero View Post
    What about A.J. (Akira) from the 8th Pokemon episode? Both Ash and A.J. promised to meet each other again.
    somehow they promise it to (almost) every CoD :)
    SammyW27 likes this.

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

Trophies

Mate, Im in england, but since I joined the forum I have been watching it in japanese, not as easy to understand but you can keep up witht the latest, and to be fair the best episodes (early unova is pretty bad)

But as you dont know much, Dawn has appeared, and I'd make an educated guess that no other recurring character met out of unova will appear until Ash returns to kanto

Being realistic, I dont think that Misty, May, Max will appear due to their last appearance being for some characters well over 5 years ago. I'd still like to think Brock and Gary may make a return one day, I cant see the writers letting Brock go that easily after his massive period on the show :)

And A.J, haha nerr, as a cameo itll be cool if he appears, but I think they just said that as an emotional good bye line...

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

Balmarian Mad Scientist Thanatos-Zero's Avatar

Visit Thanatos-Zero's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mielikki View Post
    Somehow they promise it to (almost) every CoD :)
    Excuse me, but what does the abbreviation CoD mean?
    In any case A.J. was one of the characters, who stayed in my mind for more then a decade. He was the most promising trainer, because he trained his Pokemon to their absolute limits. His Sandscrew showed a lot of potencial. It could swim in water without any problems due the training he got.

CoD is Character of the Day. Like A.J., it means there's a 99% chance we'll never see them again, and they might not ever get mentioned. No big loss to me, I thought A.J. was a punk.

As for past characters, I'm content with Dawn's appearance. We don't need to see anyone else.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Im definitely in favor of older companions coming back.
    They all played important role in pokemon history and influenced Ash growth as character, making sense to return them and give recognition. As long anime is set in same timeline and Ash is in anime i believe older characters will always have chance to return.

It would be nice to see May comeback for few episodes giving us update about her contest quest, how she went at Johto GF, what new pokemon she obtained and some of her rivals being showed would be plus too.

Same for Brock, i would be interested in getting update bout his doctor career and how much he progressed and learned in meantime. He was good character and deserve some recognition. Seeing him partaking in some battle would be cool too.

When it comes to Misty, i will be honest here i would like to see her back to main cast,deserving another chance imo. She was great character, brought humor and tension within group with her multi sided personality missing interaction she brought. I also feel she had untapped potential left with writers not developing her as much as they could leaving several things about her goal, story, ambitions unexplored and unfinished.

It would be interesting to see her going on journey to advance goal of water master for example,partaking in competitions which would push her forward(like Whirl Cup was), create rivalry with some characters, develop new battling style and dealing with obstacles which would be put infront of her. Or we could see her going on journey trying to become Lorelei or Wallace apprentice eventually becoming E4, which would be logical step forward in her career of becoming best water trainer.

I would also like to see Max comeback at some point. Say what you want, but kid had life in itself never being used to full potential .It would be nice seeing him getting first pokemon, start out journey and develop as trainer. And maybe one day having that promised battle against Ash.

I said it before and ill say it again. I don't see any point in constantly adding new companions when there exists potential in older ones to do more and be further developed, just starting all over again with someone else leaving in half of its growth anyway before he would even get chance to go through more meaningful growth. It discourage people from investing in such characters too when its already known from start how they will end up forever abandoned and unfinished after departure anyway, and its sad to see so many great characters we grew to like ending abandoned after they leave cast never to be seen again.
    Writers should look up to other anime like One Piece, Inazuma Eleven Go or Bakugan. They could learn a lot from them and how to keep older characters relevant, when adding new ones.

Blog Entries

I'd like a cameo, or a short stint, like Misty got in Hoenn, May got in Sinnoh, and Dawn is getting in Unova.

Just to say, "Hey, these guys exist!"
    SammyW27 and martianmister like this.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    CoD is Character of the Day. Like A.J., it means there's a 99% chance we'll never see them again, and they might not ever get mentioned. No big loss to me, I thought A.J. was a punk.

As for past characters, I'm content with Dawn's appearance. We don't need to see anyone else.
    Yep, and not only that but this was doing the early days of the series too. AJ was never gonna appear, heck he was never even mentioned for 15 years. IMHO, he to me, was one of the endless character of the days. The only referance he got was through the second pokemon opening that took place in the orange Island along with other we never see past the episode.
    ----------
    I still think brock could have a cameo at some point too. Maybe when ash returns to kanto.

Blog Entries

this is probably why it's best not to get too attached to the girl. Once the next generation is announced, her days are numbered. Misty only got a free pass because gold and silver didnt introduce a new girl. If anything all the fans should be like dawn's and Iris's. They've accepted that the position was temporary from the beginning but that didn't stop them from enjoying their stay on the show while it's still running.

ehh who am I kidding there are practically no fans of either on here
    Caseydia likes this.

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

being honest misty days before appearing are counted, why? because of the freakin world tournament, i mean how couldn't they put that in the anime i mean they DID put the pokestudio so i don't see why not and as for may concerns she will probably be in sinnoh right now in her pokemon contest IF i'm right and IF i am i wouldn't mind if she takes iris place in the group and as for brock i think he needs a little more vacation because i think they are doing a pretty good job with cilan but i do want him back eventually
    pokemon fan 132 likes this.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The mere fact that the "World Tournament" was turned into the Junior Cup in the anime shows the writers couldn't care less about focusing on older characters.

Dawn was only there for the usual regional token girl cameo.
    Caseydia likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast