Old Characters with Mega Evolutions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Old Characters with Mega Evolutions

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Default Old Characters with Mega Evolutions

Now, I know we've had some thread about old characters coming back, and we thread about mega-evos in the Show.

But I was so curious about what if old characters had Mega-evolable Pokes I decided to make a new thread that combines two topics into one, if that's okay.

*ahem!*

Now, I know that there are some characters with mega-evolable Pokémon in X & Y already, but a bunch of such Pokémon are postgame and/or version exclusive, meaning they're up for grabs as far as the creative staff is concerned. And if they're going to make old Pokémon a big deal, why not bring back old characters while they're at it to make things more interesting/fun? After all, you never know when an old character will pop up on this show and the producers like to stoop to nostalgia every now and then.

Here's a potential list:

Now, I realize several of those people have NO chance of showing up, but while looking up who had which Pokémon I decided to go ahead just in case (and well...things snowballed )

As I said, we have several Gen 6 characters with Pokémon capable of Mega-evolving...but that doesn't mean the producers will actually go there (most of us know how they feel about the Elite 4...). And it's just because one character has a certain Poke doesn't mean other people can't use it.

Who would you guys like to see come back under the banner of Mega Evolutions?

C'mon, ya'll KNOW you want some of those people back
    Last edited by SammyW27; 27th February 2014 at 02:45 PM.

Default Re: Old Characters with Mega Evolutions

I would love to see Samurai with a Mega Pinsir or Sabrina with a Mega Alakazam
    It would be funny if Jessiebelle had a Mega Mawile and used it to chase down James, too XD

Follow SaftOchBulle On Twitter Add SaftOchBulle on Facebook Add SaftOchBulle on MySpace
    Visit SaftOchBulle's Youtube Channel

It'd be quite hilarious if Samurai came back and have that rematch with Ash he promised in like the third episode! With a mega Pinsir! (Or the mega-secret Mega Metapod!)
    Last edited by SaftOchBulle; 20th October 2013 at 03:41 PM.
    SammyW27 likes this.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Depending on plot and story requirements as far as mega evolution goes i imagine some like Gary,Misty and May might have chance to come back if writers truly wanted to reuse some of old time favorites to play role in discovering secrets of mega evolution and help promote upgraded forms of older species. Since Gary has Blastoise, Misty Gyarados and May actually three pokemon which has access to mega evolutions(Blaziken, Venusaur and Wartortle assuming it evolves).

From practical standpoint i could see Gary traveling to Kalos to do more thorough research about completely unknown concept shroued with mystery and what causes pokemon to go through such change. He is traveling researcher afterall fitting his career perfectly and mention in new games of Oak grandson presence there only increases chances even more.
    Through use of his probably strongest and most trained pokemon Blastoise he could definitely play role in helping to battle villains like Team Flare or even Ash for old time sake contributing in gaining more information and unknown clues about new way of pokemon surpassing their limits. Something his Blastoise should have no problems in achieving.

I could see Ash informing prof. Oak about this new feature sparking his interest in case of being unaware of this starting to collaborate with prof. Sycamore . Leading in contacting other trainers in nearby area which has strong understanding and knowledge about pokemon to go there and play role in part of making research about mega evolution and through use of their own pokemon help to understand better what requirements are required to be fulfilled to start whole process in first place.

Given how prof. Oak aside from Ash and Gary as far as we know is quite often in contact with Misty through Tracey, logically it wouldn't be too farfetched to expect deciding to contact her to play role in whole mission.

Especially when as fond of romance and love she would likely want to see region based on France and explore some of its culture ,catch rare water pokemon native to Kalos, perhaps enter some tournament through which she could advance water master career and meet elite Siebold(first pure water type E4) while through battling and using her pokemon in action allowing to find out what triggers pokemon to go through upgrade becoming stronger, more agile and resistant thanks to mega evolution being part of mission organized by professor.

Out of all pokemon Gyarados seem like her strongest and most plausible candidate which could reach such stage giving to Oak and others some valuable info. And i would like to see Misty again being fun and great character since its been forever we got to see her in action or receive update . It would be interesting to see her in some important role again and her outspoken, feisty attitude could provide more humor and flare in chemistry with new characters and Ash catching up on missed time.

May is another viable candidate i would like to see and while prof. Oak might not have proper way of contacting her in case Ruby and Sapphire remakes happen it would make sense if writers brought her back for some arc helping to promote games better, enter contests in case filer like region has them as BF did and through either Blaziken and Venusaur promote whole concept of mega evolution. She is one of my favorite characters and it would be welcomed seeing her in flesh again, how she would interact with others and make things more exciting through presence of enjoyable long absent characters injecting unexpected twists to new plots.

Personally i would definitely welcome seeing Gary, May and Misty play some role regarding mega evolutions alowing to be of relevance to current plot moving things forward while gaining opportunity to learn new things, improve as trainers ranking up toward their dreams and have their pokemon develop to become stronger through mega evolving. It would be real waste not to use some of them and miss on all the fun.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 17th October 2013 at 08:03 AM.
    Muur likes this.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gary! Gary and Blastoise should come and sweep the floor with Ash and Mega Charizard X/Y.
    Edit: Oh and Cameron. He has to appear with a Mega Lucario!
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

All of those examples and no mention of what I would think would be the obvious one... Ash's Charizard.

But since they gave Charizard X to Red in Pokémon Origins, I guess they might give Ash Charizard Y to differentiate between the two anime. I also wonder how strong Ash's bond with his Charizard is now for using Mega Evolution. I just remember that their relationship had been better ever since that one episode from the Orange Islands where Charizard stopped being disobedient.
    Hinokou likes this.

Blog Entries

There's no telling if anyone is going to come back just to show us a mega evo. It could happen, though. I'd rather not assume such things, though.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Add SammyW27 on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Nick102 View Post
    All of those examples and no mention of what I would think would be the obvious one... Ash's Charizard.
    That's because there was no need. This is about old, nigh-forgotten characters coming back. Ash never left and we're all expecting him to have Mega-Charizard sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    There's no telling if anyone is going to come back just to show us a mega evo. It could happen, though. I'd rather not assume such things, though.
    I'm not assuming anything either and hope no one else is. As I said in my OP, they have XY characters for that, and there will likely use anime exclusive characters as well who could have some. I'm just asking "What if?" (with a little "Hey, why not?")
    Last edited by SammyW27; 20th October 2013 at 09:55 PM.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

For the sake of "that would be cool", then, it's hard to gauge who would be worthy of having a Mega beyond some obvious picks. I have a feeling we will get Cynthia and her Garchomp, though, AS MUCH AS I HATE THAT. The most worthy of Mega Venusaur would be Spenser to me. Mega Blastoise, even though Gary isn't really a trainer anymore, I still consider him wise enough to have achieved it. Anabel for Alakazam. Agatha for Gengar. I'm not too sure you can count Noland for Pinsir, but it's the best I see. Gary once possessed an Aerodactyl, but I wouldn't put too much weight on that either. As odd as it sounds, I favor Sparkle, the Lighthouse Ampharos, belonging to Jasmine. Gary also has a Scizor (I'm really putting these by association, I truly think his Blastoise would be most deserving of it). Greta for Medicham. Noland also had a Manectric.

This is only based on who I think would be able to unleash a Mega Evolution. Whatever isn't listed here either didn't have a significant enough person to associate with, or I think a certain other someone will be the one to feature that Mega evo.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Add SammyW27 on Facebook

With rumor of a possible tournament for mega-evos/, reviving the topic just in case they go there (it would be a good excuse time to)
    Last edited by SammyW27; 26th December 2013 at 02:31 PM.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I think the Mega Evolution tournament will probably not include older characters, at least for now. If there are more tournaments down the line for Mega Evolutions, I think old characters will start making an appearance. May, Gary, and Harrison would be nice to see in a tournament at some point showing off the Mega Evolutions of the their main Pokemon.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Shigeru having an "old time's sake" rematch with Satoshi: Mega Kamex against Mega Lizardon X (will Kamex survive the overpowered anime Seismic Toss this time?!). Also, Kasumi returning with Mega Gyarados.

Make it happen, anime. I know you won't, but please make it happen, anime.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Personally I struggle to see any of these characters coming back with a Mega Evo without it seeming a bit forced and unnatural, apart from maybe Gary as he does like to pop up now and then. However, May coming back if they do a gen III remake is an absolute possibility.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know i already gave reply in here but i never posted more detailed, closer analyss of under what circumstances and reasoning characters i mentioned could come back in Kalos. And how compatibility of their interests, affinities and dreams they pursue could be infiltrated within whole pokemon mega evolution storyline making step forward in their careers becoming important again.

If situation cally from it plot wise Gary and Misty have easiest way to rerturn imo in Kalos series out of important past characters(by important i mean ex main characters and rivals) which posess pokenmon with capabilities of going through mega evolutio due to writers having easier job in bringing someone back and develop through anime exclusive goals than its case with game quests if they aren't present in some region. But regardless i would like to see May come back too being among Gary and Misty characters i would be interested the most in showcasing new mega evolutions.

Gary because obviously he is researcher and as grandson of prof. Oak i wouldn't be surpised in slightest if he decided to travel to Kalos after hearing of mysterious and unexplored power creep certain pokemon are able of achievoing. I would be interested in having him find out more about its origins, what kind of condition needs to be fulfilled in order to unlock such leveling up and observe through what kind of change on biological level pokemon goes when experiencing this process.

Various items which help trigger whole evolution process nlike mega ring, bracelet, szone etc offer lot of valuable info for him to research about, along with examining how much trainer and his pokemon need to become close to each other when bonding to allow unlocking such upgrade in first place. Infiltrating him in Team Flare storyline or be part of research team sended by prof. Oak in order to discover this secrets as mentioned earlier.

Or be involved in throrough examination about mega Aerodactyl knowing his passion and interest in researching fossil pokemon as chronicles showed.

He has Scizor, Blastoise, Alakazam to name few of potential candidates which can mega evolve so he has plentiful of pokemon which would come in hand with his research by mega evolving themselves giving better understanding and closer look in how whole process begins and under what requirements.

Misty has some legit reasons which would justify traveling all the way to Kalos having her involved within whole mega evolution project. She has Gyarados which is one of few pokemon which after evolving change its body structure becoming different type on one part transforming from water/flying to water dark which makes him even more formidable to deal with decreasing weakness to types like electric pokemon. Only 6 pokemon of revealed ones with potential to mega evolve change their type after mega evolving so far making this even more intriguing for me.

She can be involved within water tournament similar to Whirl Cup advancing her skills through utilizing pokemon in most productive manner forcing her to adapt to unfavorable situation and work her way out of it, which is where trigger to mega Gyarados come into play pushing her and pokemon to maximum limits. Thus allowing to reach new more resistant form making further steps forward in becoming renowned and recognized water expert advancing quest of becoming water master.

Siebald is E4 member specializing in water being basically master of water so Misty would be excited to meet him, and he could help her to become stronger trainer developing more complex battle style through intervention of Gyarados teaching her what it takes to achieve perfect synchronization with your pokemon leading to its mega evolution awakening its true strength(i mean even water priestess Maya long ago in Whirl Cup mentioned how water masters had power to undersand sea creatures using them to fuill potential). Something i would definitely be interested in seeing her learn to accomplish and meet someone she would likely fawn over.
    Meeting him while being on expedition to catch new rare water pokemon hard to obtain outside of Kalos(Clauncher, Screlp, Binacle if writers wanted to add some unique diversity etc).

Character wise she is adventurous and interested in traveling, exploring new regions and pokemon so i could see her go on journey to better herself learning from other top class trainers, explore on mega evolution in order to evolve and come closer toward fulfillment of ambitions.

Aside from them:
    May is one of characters more reliant on pokemon games and quests which comes within it. But despite that solid chance of Ruby and Sapphire remakes occuring at some point(maybe in XY games)fixes issue of coordinator returning in region which has no contests making me wish to return. I could see her returning with purpose of promoting whole concet of contests and alternate way in using and training your pokemon to people in Kalos, with its general theme this region radiates with being based on fashion and beauty going head to head with whole contests idea.

With involvement of her pokemon like Blaziken, Venusaur, Wartortle(in case it evolves) offering wide specter of choices for mega evolution, giving her challenge in taming such immense increase of strength and raw power to canalizing iinto something more elegant and flashy. Giving her certain advantage in future contest ventures.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 28th December 2013 at 11:05 AM.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cynthia, Misty, and Gary.

Cynthia's already a recurring character, not to mention a Champion and archaeologist, and Garchomp is her signature Pokemon. It makes the most sense to me the Cynthia would actually come in contact with a Mega Stone. Only thing is, I see it as being the least likely to happen because the second episode has already shown Sycamore with a Garchomp for his Mega Evolution studies. I believe that if any Garchomp is to be shown becoming Mega, it'll be Sycamore's.

As for Misty, she is a Gym Leader and has gone through a good bit with that Gyarados. I think it would be good for her development as a trainer to show her mastering Mega Evolution of a Pokemon she had once had problems with. While I find this more likely than Cynthia's Garchomp, the fact that we haven't seen Misty in a while makes me doubt it, but hopefully this could give her a reason to come back.

And finally, I find Gary's Blastoise to be the most likely to make an appearance. First of all, Gary is Ash's first rival. Who better than to challenge Ash with a Mega Evolution than his own rival? Secondly, even though Gary gave up being a badass trainer, the fact that he now does research makes it more likely for him to discover a Mega Stone. I think Gary would be the perfect person to come back with a Mega.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast