Official Pokémon Black & White Title Announcement Thread #2 - Page 3

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Official Pokémon Black & White Title Announcement Thread #2

Blog Entries

Default Re: Official New Dub Episode Title Announcement Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    This, the whole thing. The dub might have had some titles ranging from bad to below-average in the past but that doesn't mean the majority of their titles are horrible. Some of them are actually pretty good. Say for example, "Casting a Paul on Barry".

Here's a post about it from another forum:
    The title is a play on the phrase "Casting a Pallbearer". Which basically means announcing bad news to one or more people. In that sense, the title is perfect and is one of the better titles they've given us.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    I mean really Japanese "The egg hatches!" what kind of title is that (just in case you don't remember or know, that was the Japanese title for when Ash's egg hatched into Phanpy)?
    It's kind of annoying how people bring up this title - and this title only - when talking about how "boring" and "uncreative" the Japanese titles are. If you're going to criticize the Japanese version for being "boring," at least bring up some more examples!

Complaining about "The Egg Hatches!" has gotten really old.

Quote Originally Posted by Croag
    I don't see the big deal if they don't keep TITLES of all things.
    Then I guess that also means you don't care if they do keep the titles, right?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

since the englishh titles are used in the Brazilian Portuguese Version, i hope they don't keep with those jokes, they go horrid on our language, and it's kinda ironic that tthey use American Titles, since they translate the episode directly from the original version, i guess they're just lazy XD.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

looks like the TPCI writers are also breaking away from tradition and who could blame them. They get bashed all the time for many reasons i can't explain in this post. Now lets hope Cilan is voiced by Dan Green
    Last edited by Yankees4life; 29th January 2011 at 03:23 PM.

*sees episode titles*
    What...is going on...those are like the same as the originals...

Could we be getting an..actual straight dub that..nah, that's crazy talk
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    It'd be nice if they did something like that, but I learned a long time ago not to expect too much from this dub. We'll probably get the same type of 30 second openings, replaced music, awkward re-writes, and other things that the dub's always had.

Decent titles do not equal good dubbing.
    *sigh* so sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    Now lets hope Cilan is voiced by Dan Green
    Nah. I'm sure you're thinking of his regular Yugi voice and that's a bit too young for him. We need someone like Vic Mignonga who can do a voice that can be over-the-top with bishie but still sound normal when in regular convol.

Blog Entries

It's kind of annoying how people bring up this title - and this title only - when talking about how "boring" and "uncreative" the Japanese titles are. If you're going to criticize the Japanese version for being "boring," at least bring up some more examples!

Complaining about "The Egg Hatches!" has gotten really old.
    I have to make a list now, of every boring uncreative episode title in the Japanese?

Okay, I'll even explain why its boring. Assuming of course the English Title isn't near to the original. Like some of the original series titles. Since I can't really argue uncreativity in those cases since, the English would be just as uncreative.

Actually, I'm not sure I want to do every title of the whole Pokemon anime series, that could end up being 500+ titles, how about just the first "series", (up to Orange Islands). EDIT: Though now that I actually see tht titles, I think I took the easy way out, I'm sure Johto League series would've had better "uncreative" titles. Darn looks like 4kids early (if it was 4kids), was generous.

2nd Edit: Yeah there's hardly any Puns in the very beginning of the series, I apologize for the lack of uncreative titles to prove my point.

3rd Edit: I want to be lazy, how about just ten titles. I want to do other things instead of this.

The only reason I chose "the egg hatches" is because it was the first one I thought of that was real strong to convey how boring the Japanese titles can be compared to the English. If people like the titles to remain the same then I guess there's nothing wrong with it, but I just can't see why people like the Japanese titles in the first place. But whatever, whatever.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Vic hopefully or Aaron.

Yeah but I dont see TPCi translating all titles accurately Jnp people can't hold a secret. :P

"Hinoarashi! I Got One!"
    "Full of Subame, Full of Danger! I Got One in the Forest of Touka!!"
    "Catch Yukiwarashi!"

Wonder what those eps are gonna be about? They leave not one thing to the imagination.

^Ghost Pokemon and the Summer Festival Yeah when I watched that ep I was pissed that title lied I thought it was gonna be like a Bon Festival thing.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 6th July 2011 at 01:12 AM.

OSHAWHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Seriously who likes the uncreative, boring titles of Japanese. The only one I ever liked at the top of my head was "Memories are Pearl, and Friendhips are Diamond." That was like the only one I can think of that was fairly creative.
    All they did was use the names of the two original main games of the 4th gen to make the title.

Personally, I liked the old titles 4Kids used before they started doing a lot of puns. But I think I'll like the titles TPCI comes up with if they're similar to the style of the first two of B&W.
    Seasons =/= Regions

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

:( Wow, that new title is predictable. What is so wrong with 'Best Wishes' that I fail to see?
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Worsian View Post
    :( Wow, that new title is predictable. What is so wrong with 'Best Wishes' that I fail to see?
    It's called $$$$$ they'll do anything to keep breaking records and sells the way they keep doing every time a Pokemon game is released.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 6th July 2011 at 01:13 AM.

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    It's called $$$$$ theyll do anythin' to keep breakin' records n' sells the way they keep doin' everytime a Pokemon game is released.
    :/ Yeah, that does certainly seem to be a driving factor. I hope at least that some effort is put into the dub - love seems too much to expect nowadays.
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Worsian View Post
    :/ Yeah, that does certainly seem to be a driving factor. I hope at least that some effort is put into the dub - love seems too much to expect nowadays.
    well watching the preview this morning showed me that they have atleast paid some talented VA's to do the voices of the pokemon but i dont know yet till its confirmed like the opening
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    3rd Edit: I want to be lazy, how about just ten titles.
    Your entire list was basically you saying "the Japanese one doesn't sound like a title, but the English one does." Which isn't really much of an argument at all.

Besides, Season One is a terrible one to bring up because a lot of the titles are more or less the same. When people complain about the English titles being terrible, they're referring to the more recent DP seasons, not stuff from over a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika
    Ghost Pokemon and the Summer Festival Yeh when I watched that ep I was pissed that title lied I thought it was gonna b like a Bon Festival thing.
    Um...it was. The whole episode takes place during a summer festival, which is why everyone's wearing yukata at the end of the episode and doing the bon odori.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Color me shocked when I saw what the first two BW dub titles were going to be. It looks like it isn't just the fanbase that's seeing a running theme of BW going back to its roots. Yes, this is me reiterating the same crap, but given that 4Kids went with straight episode title translations for the early-early parts of Kanto, and TCPI is suddenly following suit... well, I guess it'd be best to see how long this stays in place, but this is getting really eerie.

And yes, I'm one of the crazy dorks who enjoyed the stupid pun titles the dub had, though sometimes they got lazy with those. But even the League had some mighty clever ones, as was mentioned. I still think my It's On Like Bastiodon! trumps Dealing with Defensive Types!, though.

Anyway... yikes. Straight translations. We really have been sent back to 1997. I smell a funky-scented nostalgia trip!

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Blog Entries

Your entire list was basically you saying "the Japanese one doesn't sound like a title, but the English one does." Which isn't really much of an argument at all.

Besides, Season One is a terrible one to bring up because a lot of the titles are more or less the same. When people complain about the English titles being terrible, they're referring to the more recent DP seasons, not stuff from over a decade ago.

Um...it was. The whole episode takes place during a summer festival, which is why everyone's wearing yukata at the end of the episode and doing the bon odori.
    Yes I know but I thought Satoshi-Tachi were going to have a whole plot. Around it like them running around with Yukata and fans the whole episode and the Ghost being during the festival celebration like the Ghost invades and causes problems and stuff while there Fish Scooping or doing something else.

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast