Official Pokémon Black & White Title Announcement Thread #2 - Page 12

Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Official Pokémon Black & White Title Announcement Thread #2

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: Official New Dub Episode Title Announcement Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    I don't quite understand. What is "indirect" about this title?

Ash and Trip are rivals who just so happen to battle one another in a local town's Battle Club. Since Trip's data was present on the computer, surely he did battle at least once in a Battle Club.

At the very least, TPCI is a lot more literal and straightforward with these titles than they had been in DP and especially Battle Frontier. And is it better to go forward with the 4Kids approach? That is, creating a title completely unrelated to the episode and only to establish a pun using a specific pokemon's name?

As far as presentation goes, I'm sure seeing words on a screen for a period of 8-10 seconds is the least of the target audience's worries.

Several of the shows that the "target audience" may watch on television at around the same time don't even present a title, so what does that tell you?

How the dubbing company chooses to "title" an episode really shouldn't matter to the target audience, as long as that title really isn't appropriate.

And we have seen a lot worse in DP. "Battling a Fierce Double Ditto Drama" is a common example.
    I'd be more comfortable with them doing a short and sweet translation of the titles like "Enter Iris and Axew!" or "In the Shadow of Zekrom" with a few puns at times like "Snivy Plays Hard to Catch!" that the people watching actually get not like 4kids . But the problem with TPCi is there titles are too hard to understand the problem with 4kids is that there titles were too stupid. TPCi had there stupid titles at times like "Battling a Fierce Double Ditto Drama".

I don't know what the heck the title "The Bloom is on Axew!" means. Would it have been so hard to call the episode something like "Saving Axew from Scolipede!" or "Rescuing Axew!" or at least something like "Axew You For A Rescue!" where there a pun and somewhat translation.

I didn't know what the title "Once There Was Greenfield" or "A Grass Managerie!" was about. Only thing I thought it was talking about was "Grass Types".

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I think people are overeacting a tad. We've been getting crappy puns since late Kanto, remember? So puns are nothing new.

However, I do agree that some titles are a bit difficult to understand. Just seven months ago, we were groaning at Dealing with a Fierce Double Ditto Drama!, and since then, TPCi have been coming up with really stupid titles, the highlights being A Grand Fight for Winning!, Four Roads Diverged in a Pokemon Port, Battling a Thaw in Relations!, Triple Leaders, Team Threats!, and A Rival Battle for Club Champ!

I don't know what exactly has happened to TPCi since September 2010, but the title creator has either got really lazy, or the job's went to someone else. What happened to the good puns that were in Hoenn-mid Sinnoh?

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

I am i the only one who gets AND likes the puns? Even I don't immediately recognise the pun, I atleast feel the title is similar to a phrase that I don't remember that well. Not all the titles are good but even the worst English title is better than the average Japanese title simply because they are more creative and in general, less spoiler filled..

Indeed I dread the day we get titles like Eve of Battle! Satoshi's Pokemon all together!

That same title was changed to several times better An Old Family Blend! And less !!!

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

I'm the type who digs cheesy puns and funny titles, but a lot of the ones in recent years are unnecessarily wordy or complex, and as a result, they come off as sounding clumsy and awkward.
    It's like, say, 'Saving Darmanitan from the Bell!' for example. Why not just go with 'Saved from the Bell!'? :/

I guess it's a pretty nitpicky thing to say, but...eh. I call 'em as I see 'em.

Blog Entries

I like puns whether cheesy, clever or both but that doesn't mean every Pokemon Anime episode has to be titled a pun. Why not just do simpler-yet-catchy titles along with a few puns rather than trying too hard to shoehorn a pun?

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

http://tv.msn.com/tv/series-episodes/pok%C3%A9mon-black-and-white/

A Home for Dwebble, eh?

Is there some kind of pun here?....

War
    Blog Entries

That's a good title, I guess.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    http://tv.msn.com/tv/series-episodes/pok%C3%A9mon-black-and-white/

A Home for Dwebble, eh?

Is there some kind of pun here?....
    "A Home for Dwebble" That's a pretty good time. A reference to "A Home For We"? I Think.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

What the hell is this title based on? A Home for Dwebble? That doesn't even make sense! I think TPCi's titles are getting more and more ridiculous every time. C'mon, TPCi, do the good thing and let the fans choose the titles, because we seem to have more sense.

A Home for Dwebble sounds fine. It's pretty much the Japanese title, except more passive.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

If 'A Home for Dwebble' was meant as a pun, it was terrible. But if it's a 'summary' title, then it's alright, I guess.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

*scratches head*...Ok, I give in. I can't tell if Captain Snivy is being sarcastic or not.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    *scratches head*...Ok, I give in. I can't tell if Captain Snivy is being sarcastic or not.
    If the title is meant as a pun, which I think it is, then no, I'm not being sarcastic.

It's not a pun dude.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

I bet the next one will be
    "Taking out the Trubbish"

Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast